SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-30-2004, 12:13 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to zacca
FTA / Fox with SageTV

I'm trying to get Free to Air and Foxtel working at the same time with SageTV 2.0

I have a PVR250 and PVR 350.

I can get Free to Air to work perfectly through the Tuner, I can get fox working fine through the AV input.

I can't get them both working together though.

How I tried:

PVR350 - Set up as FTA source, working fine.
PVR250 - Set up as Composite Source with Fox.

However, Sage doesn't appear (or I don't know how to make it understand) that the channels available on the 250 are not available on the 350.

For example, tuning to one of the 3 free to air stations we get here alternates between working (when it hits the 350) or no picture (if it hits the 250).

What I want Sage to do is only use the 350 for channels 2,3 and 5 and the 250 comp input for the rest of the fox channels.

It's driving me crazy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:39 PM
Sage Icon

I think you need to have 2 different providers to do what you want to. Since you only have 3 channels on the the 350 you should be able to find another provider for those channels.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Zacca,

It may sound like a silly idea but.....

why not split both the FTA & Foxtel and run BOTH into BOTH cards ?

The benfit of this is that you coudl record the multiple shows on the same medium at once eg. if you wanted to record a footy match on FTA & you also wanted to record the olympics from FTA then you could do it.

is your Foxtel Cable or Satelite ???

HTH
Paul.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

he would need two boxes to use the Foxtel on both cards

what I did to setup my two tuner with Southwestren Bell cable and DirecTV

only one DirecTV box

I connected the Southwestern Bell analogue cable to both cards

and selected the channels i wanted it to use

then I connected the DirecTV box to one of the tuners and choose the channels I wanted it to use but made sure that the channels that were on the analogue cable were not also on the DirecTV setup

I hope this helps
Old 08-31-2004, 11:59 AM
Sage User

Hmm,

I've managed to get both working now (Fox uses Channels 100+, so no conflict with the FTA channels).

However, the problem is that the XMLTV EPG data contains the FTA and FOX channels, however Sage isn't letting me import the EPG data and exclude certain channels from source 1 and source 2.

Source 1 is the FTA channels. I want to exclude all channels but 2, 3 and 5.
Source 2 is the FOX channels. I want to exclude 2, 3 and 5 but keep the rest.

However, if I exclude a channel from source 1, it excludes it from source 2. If I however set up source 1 to use the EPG and source 2 not to use the EPG, then they act independantly.

No matter what I do it doesn't seem to work. It seems I can either have EPG data for the FTA channels, or Fox, but not both at the same time.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:24 PM
SageTVaholic

I think you should maybe contact Frey about seeing if they can fix the XMLTV for multiple line ups
Old 09-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Sage User

This is the reply I got - I guess it's their way of saying "we'll gladly take your money, but if you don't live in the states don't expect any support".

>Zac,

>I'm sorry but the XMLTV plugin is not supported. You can always check on the
>forums to see if others are having issues with this.
>http://forums.freytechnologies.com/forums/
Old 09-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Sage Icon

Have you read XMLTV and Dual EPG Line-ups ?
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.