SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Sage Icon

Search for Season Premiere

Neil,

I love the custom menu you have for searching for Series premieres.

Can you make on for just plain old Season Premiere?

Or, better yet, can we expand the search capabilities to let us truly search for ANY text anywhere in the data that is downloaded?

Thanks!

PS.... hope you had a nice vacation....
Old 09-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Sage Icon

Re: LAX weather config

Quote:
Originally posted by ellweber
T.

Here is what works for me for the Los Angeles area. Hope it is of some help.

Lynn

Note: this includes the Infra Red map from WeatherBug
Awesome ... That did the trick ...
Not sure why I got different reference data from AccuWeather?? Not hard to figure out what to do, but that doesn't matter unless you have the right info plugged in ...
Nonetheless, plugging yours in covered my area. Thanks for sharing Lynn ...

And Salsbst ... Thanks for a terrific Weather Report Suite.

Fooling with this the last few days, my kids are calling me the Weatherman!!

So for me, Weather and Weather Suite are both sweet in Nielm's STV. Hopefully after his R&R from his R&R he'll be able to make turn his STV from Gold to Platinum!!! ...

BTW Niel ... think I said this before ... Welcome back ... Take 5 and lay back with a

T.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Sage Expert

I don't want to further bombard nielm and sound ungrateful but, for what its worth, the thing thats preventing me from switching to this STV is the mini-OSD from MLBdude.

But no hurries. I'll probably end up trying your STV anyway.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'll second abasu2003 on that.

nielm - your's is without doubt the most comprehensive STV out there.
I used it for a few weeks and just loved it. However, i missed mlbdude's mini guide so much that i switched back to his STV yesterday. I do miss the WRS and the Malore custom menus and also the remaining disk space display. But the mini guide is a bit too convenient to give up.

I know you have the mini-OSD and a lot more planned so i'll keep an eye on this thread. And yeah!, like many others, i'd like to see commercial advance. Don't know how it works or how good it is but it does sound nice!!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by RedCoat999
It appears that the weather suite is not updating for any of the data. I have a DSL connection, and the data age rate in the xml file is set to 0.25 hours.
Anyone any ideas?
Thanks
OK, now this is the second time this has happened to me. The only way I got the weather updated the first time was to reboot. The Weather Suite is stuck on weather for last Friday. All the weather, be it forecasts, current weather, radar, etc is stuck. How can I force an update without rebooting? Why is this happening?
(the other simple weather module is working fine by the way).
Thanks

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 09-13-2004, 07:31 AM
SageTVaholic

RedCoat, somehow the thread that downloads all the data must have gotten hung. I have never seen this happen, but since you report that it has happened, I'll look for places to put timeouts to make sure that such hangs are recovered from.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

first run icon...

Is the llittle 'F" denoting first run in this STV? I guess I really miss it. I think it was in Maldude which was what I was using until recenty.. Can I request it?? Or is there some way to identify first runs??

Thanks,

Jim
Old 09-14-2004, 03:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Re: Re: Awesome! Kudos to nielm

Quote:
Originally posted by mightyt
Nielm ... As promised, working with your new STV on my Sage Client for a some time now I have compiled some of my thoughts, questions and suggestions about an already terrific combo STV ...
1 Can we change the Menu Title of an Internal Screen?
Not without Studio, and I have no plans to include this (it would be a pain and need properties file settings for each individual internal screen name)

2 changing the internal menus 'back to xxx' descriptions
again, no plans to include this... I might add internal screens for each of the 'search by' screens in a later version, so you can work around the search menu limitations.

3. Inconsistent Menu Title Fonts
They should always use the same font, but they will auto-scale, so large menu titles will show as a smaller font...

4 Upcoming Recordings on the Main Menu cuts off date/time
I will look into this -- on my system it only cuts off the date, so you still have the day and the time... There is limited space with the channel logo and the disk space bar...

5/6.Sage TV Recordings Style Options/search menus
Other Mlbdude2 menus may appear in a future version...

7/11 [mlbdude-style] Weather Feed Locks Up Sage
I see that you have fixed this, but in my testing, it never locked up Sage, the Sage logo, the back arrow, the left and home keys still worked

8. Weather Suite precipitaction word wrap
What screen size and base font size do you use?

9. Direct acces to Setup Wizard in Menu Items
may appear in a future version.

10. Sage Logo as back button
It (and the Home key) takes you back to the last dynamic menu page viewed... Pressing it again takes to to the top level main menu.

11 malore Guide3 Locks Up Sage
Ooops... Will look into it... (the back and home keys still work!)

12. Malore Upcoming Movies shows no movies
It always did that for me, I though because I was using XMLTV, not the Sage EPG... Will look into it
Old 09-14-2004, 03:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Re: RSS News Feed

Quote:
Originally posted by Cornelp
Really nice STV you built. I like most of the options, but I can't get to work the RSS News Feed, don't know why.
Failed to read from news source http://news.yahoo.com/rss
That is not an RSS feed -- it is a web page with a list of RSS feeds... Use one of the links referenced by the orange [XML] icons, eg:
http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss/topstories

When I add news.yahoo.com/rss I get this error:
You need the full HTTP url, as abive

Also, when I see the upcoming recordings, I try to click on the show to get the info about the show, but nothing happens, but when I click on the LOW LEFT part of the box, I get the information. Is this normal
Known bug -- to be fixed... (The text prevents the mouse clicks from being received)
Old 09-14-2004, 03:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Re: Search for Season Premiere

Quote:
Originally posted by srothwell
I love the custom menu you have for searching for Series premieres.
Can you make on for just plain old Season Premiere?
It's Malores -- I don't actually know how it works!
Quote:

Or, better yet, can we expand the search capabilities to let us truly search for ANY text anywhere in the data that is downloaded?
Search All Fields in the Search Menu should do this...
Old 09-14-2004, 04:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by littlerm
Is there a way to change the vertical text spacing on the main menu to allow for more than 6 rows on-screen at once?
This might come in the next version... if I can figure out how to do it...
Old 09-14-2004, 04:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by dooferlad
I am getting the error "failed to load sagemenureader class" when loading this STV. Any ideas?
You probably have not installed all the Java classes zipfiles -- check the installation instructions...
Old 09-14-2004, 10:00 AM
Sage Expert

JUKEBOX FEATURE

All my MP3s are tagged with the picture information, can I still use these in the default way SAGE allowed me to? Or do I have to install a .jpg in each folder?

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 09-14-2004, 11:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Re: JUKEBOX FEATURE

Quote:
Originally posted by broderp
All my MP3s are tagged with the picture information, can I still use these in the default way SAGE allowed me to? Or do I have to install a .jpg in each folder?
yes, tagged pictures still work
Old 09-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Sage Icon

Niel,

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried to search in "All Fields" but it appears that All Fields means it will search in all the fields that you can already search in (Title, Description, Actor) but not other fields like "Executive Producer", "Original Air Date", or others which is where stuff like "Season Premiere" come from.

Are you going to be able to browse by station in your STV? I currently keep on system still running mlbdude2 for that feature.... it makes up for not being able to look for Season Preimeres :-)

And lastly, I'm still having problems when deleting using your STV. If you delete a file, it leaves the menu element for the file there until you exit the menu, wait a couple of seconds then come back. Sometimes you have to wait a few minutes. But, it's pretty difficult when you only have a remote and not a mouse, becuase if you've deleted all of them, you can't use the left arrow on the remote to get out of that show and move to another. You're stuck.

Niel, thank you for all the hard work on this. This is by far the best STV I've ever used. If we can fix a few of the bugaboos, the WAF (wife acceptance factor) will be near 100%. My wife, the Weather junkie, is in love with your Weather Suite. I've spent hours and hours customizing it. About the only thing I couldn't get to work right was using radar images from Accuweather premium becuase they use a java script to display the radar maps becuase they do so much --- or to prevent someone frok hijacking them like me :-)

When you feel that your STV is up to "release status" please let me know. I'll be first in like to donate $$$$$.

Best regards.

Stacy
Old 09-14-2004, 06:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Re: first run icon...

Slight bump
Quote:
Originally posted by jbuszkie
Is the llittle 'F" denoting first run in this STV? I guess I really miss it. I think it was in Maldude which was what I was using until recenty.. Can I request it?? Or is there some way to identify first runs??

Thanks,

Jim
Old 09-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Sage Icon

Re: Re: Re: Awesome! Kudos to nielm

Quote:
Originally posted by nielm
1 Can we change the Menu Title of an Internal Screen?
Not without Studio, and I have no plans to include this (it would be a pain and need properties file settings for each individual internal screen name)

** Bummer … It diminishes slightly the ability to customize a menu item name when the menu that shows up has a different name at it’s top. Less about me and more about the fam.

again, no plans to include this... I might add internal screens for each of the 'search by' screens in a later version, so you can work around the search menu limitations.

** I wish Sage would have just used a generic “Back” since we can not change it. Well, I guess whatever you can do for us on the Search side is a step!

3. Inconsistent Menu Title Fonts
They should always use the same font, but they will auto-scale, so large menu titles will show as a smaller font...

** Nope, weird as it may sound all menu screens take on my selected font for the title, EXCEPT the “Archived SageTV Recordings” screen in your STV? I’ll attach a JPG so you can see what I mean.

I will look into this -- on my system it only cuts off the date, so you still have the day and the time... There is limited space with the channel logo and the disk space bar...

** Actually there is plenty of screen space, it’s just that the day and time squish up against the channel logo, truncate and add … ??? I’ll add it to the attachment. Got me??

5/6.Sage TV Recordings Style Options/search menus
Other Mlbdude2 menus may appear in a future version...

** Excellent answer!!

7/11 [mlbdude-style] Weather Feed Locks Up Sage
I see that you have fixed this, but in my testing, it never locked up Sage, the Sage logo, the back arrow, the left and home keys still worked

** Yep, my bad … a few tweaks and the hanging quit!

8. Weather Suite precipitaction word wrap
What screen size and base font size do you use?

** As you have seen with the help of others I have WRS working great! As for the Precip test issue. It appears this one was on me as well, I changed the base font to ERAS BOLD ITC which caused the word wrap … Since Salsbst WRS gave me the ability to change the text I just kept my font and changed “Precipitation” to “Rainfall” and wa-la, no more wrapping?

9. Direct acces to Setup Wizard in Menu Items
may appear in a future version.

** Would pleading make a difference. Thanks to you, I have a “Settings” menu that includes, SageTV Setup (formerly Detailed Setup), Channel Setup, Parental Controls, Update Media Library, Recording Information, System Information and Sleep Mode. The only valuable settings menu worth adding is the Setup Wizard for configuring TV cards. Anyway, if you can sir it would be great.

It (and the Home key) takes you back to the last dynamic menu page viewed... Pressing it again takes to to the top level main menu.

** Hmmm … I thought the silver left arrow next to the Sage Logo took you back one level and the Sage Logo itself was always a way to get home (main menu)?? So, I guess what you are saying it the arrow and logo have one and the same function, correct?

11 malore Guide3 Locks Up Sage
Ooops... Will look into it... (the back and home keys still work!)

** I’ll probably not use this myself, but tried to test everything for you and share my experience as promised.

12. Malore Upcoming Movies shows no movies
It always did that for me, I though because I was using XMLTV, not the Sage EPG... Will look into it

** Again, personally, I’ll probably not use this myself (I like MlbDude2’s implementation), but tried to test everything for you and share my experience as promised.
Niel ... See my comments above preceeded by ** ...

Thanks for the quick reply while recovering from jet lag! T.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my nielm attachment.jpg (399.3 KB, 252 views)
Old 09-15-2004, 02:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Re: Re: first run icon...

Quote:
Originally posted by jbuszkie
Slight bump
No it is not in my STV at the moment... will put it on the todo list...
First-runs can be identified by looking at the detailed info for the program...
Old 09-15-2004, 02:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Re: Re: Re: Re: Awesome! Kudos to nielm

Quote:
Originally posted by mightyt
Niel ... See my comments above preceeded by ** ...
I might go through and change everything to 'back'

3. Inconsistent Menu Title Fonts on Archived SageTV recordings
Ah, I see. I will have a look at this -- most likely iit is a bug in the Original STV that I inherited

I know the issue... and will rephase my answer -- the widget I reuse for displaying upcomming recordings is the same one that is used everywhere else, and it expects to have the full screen width... Because it has less than the full screen width, things get squished more than they should... I will look into it.

** Hmmm … I thought the silver left arrow next to the Sage Logo took you back one level and the Sage Logo itself was always a way to get home (main menu)?? So, I guess what you are saying it the arrow and logo have one and the same function, correct?

Not quite.

If you used the 'Guide' button to get from video to Guide and press the '<' button, you will go back to the video screen. If you press the [Sage] button, you will go back to the last dynamic menu page used.
Similarly, if you go: 'top level main menu -> Shecdule recordings Submenu -> search menu -> search for program -> view results -> view airing' , '<' will take you back one step in the above list while [Sage] will take you back to the Schedule Recording submenu.

If you are in a dynamic menu page and press the '<' button you will go up one level (or to the OSD if you are at the top level) If you press the [Sage] button you will always go to the top level menu.

Its a bit inconsistant, but I did not want to make too many changes in the OriginalSTV ouside of the bits that I have added
Old 09-15-2004, 02:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by srothwell
Niel,

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried to search in "All Fields" but it appears that All Fields means it will search in all the fields that you can already search in (Title, Description, Actor) but not other fields like "Executive Producer", "Original Air Date", or others which is where stuff like "Season Premiere" come from.

Are you going to be able to browse by station in your STV? I currently keep on system still running mlbdude2 for that feature.... it makes up for not being able to look for Season Preimeres :-)

And lastly, I'm still having problems when deleting using your STV. If you delete a file, it leaves the menu element for the file there until you exit the menu, wait a couple of seconds then come back. Sometimes you have to wait a few minutes. But, it's pretty difficult when you only have a remote and not a mouse, becuase if you've deleted all of them, you can't use the left arrow on the remote to get out of that show and move to another. You're stuck.

When you feel that your STV is up to "release status" please let me know. I'll be first in like to donate $$$$$.
I had hoped that 1.0 was the release status version After 10 years of software engineering, I should know better!

Re deleting... Which menu and which action are you using to delete the file? (mlbdude sage recordings/malore sage recordings/Original sage recordings [grouped/not grouped]) From your comments it sounds like the mlbdude 2-pane version, in which case it is a known bug with the 'old' version, which I plan to replace.

Re browse by station... Added to the todo list

(what have I let myself in for!)