SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by JUC
The only thing I am having trouble getting used to is the main page. It seems somewhat cluttered with the vertical line running between the options and the preview window (which is a little small too).
The preview window is the same size/position as on all the other screens where it is available. This is deliberate -- some low-power machines (my via EPIA M10000 for instance) get upset when they have to resize the video overlay window...

I know what you mean about the cluttered look... I was copying the original style, but with all the widgets, it gets a bit too much...

Last edited by nielm; 08-26-2004 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

great job!!

However, The up/down buttons don't seem to work while watching tv.

Just to make sure, i switched back to mlbdude.stv and the up/down show the popup epg. When i switched to nielm.stv, the up/down button stopped working again.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaurav
However, The up/down buttons don't seem to work while watching tv.

Just to make sure, i switched back to mlbdude.stv and the up/down show the popup epg. When i switched to nielm.stv, the up/down button stopped working again.
I have not taken everything from the Mlbdude STV... One of the things I have not taken is the enhanced OSD with mini-guide, which is why you don't see the popup EPG.
I do intend to add it at some point because I like Mlbdudes OSD, it was just that I wanted to release soon enough before I went on holiday to catch the major bugs!
Old 08-26-2004, 11:13 AM
Sage User

Time to have some fun with Sage
I especially like the menu.xlm
Good job; Mike

Last edited by buck1952; 08-26-2004 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by nielm
I know what you mean about the cluttered look... I was copying the original style, but with all the widgets, it gets a bit too much...
I think if you just eliminated the box around the menu items on the menu page that it might look a little cleaner
-glad you will be incorporating the mini guide too!
thanks
JUC
Old 08-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
Nielm, please please please include Malore's Commercial Advance Beta Release into your STV!!!

I love how easy is in your setup to get around, especially with watch tv on front screen, it is so so great!

Thank you for this amazing STV
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Sage User

OK I have this working and I like it except the damn weather...I'm trying set it up for my area and just can't the way the instructions just don't jive with what is this is the URL for my location http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/98074

HELP!!
Old 08-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Sage Expert

Darkside - It looks like you are entering the Zip code to lookup your city. For me, I had to use the city name. For Zip code 98074 the correct area would be USWA0511. Hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:24 PM

same here, once i plugged in the city names, i got the proper URLs...

i, too, would like an option to turn the box borders off on the main screen...

fantastic work! i've gone crazy w/ menus!
Old 08-26-2004, 04:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is it possible to add actions that occur everytime the main menu is called?
________
New Condo Pattaya

Last edited by meekell; 09-08-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by Crim
Thanks. I've been going through the config file so I feel comfortable with that, its really an issue of finding the right images for each category.
I was able to copy the Pittsburgh addresses and just change "pit" in image addresses to "phl" to find the correct images for Philadelphia. PHL is the code for philadelphia international airport.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the slick STV. I'm having a problem with malore style sagetv recordings. If I use a small font size, it doesn't display any text. If I use a large one, it crops the bottom half of the text.

Old 08-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Sage Expert

I see the problem. Font size for malore's recordings is just changing the size of the field for the text. The text itself doesn't seem to change size.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by chrysek
Nielm, please please please include Malore's Commercial Advance Beta Release into your STV!!!
I too would like this! Heck... run the commercial advance, use sagecut to remove the commercials and then compress the final file... I'm set!

-Jason
Old 08-27-2004, 12:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by darkside
OK I have this working and I like it except the damn weather...I'm trying set it up for my area and just can't the way the instructions just don't jive with what is this is the URL for my location http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/98074
Quote:
Originally posted by White94Cobra
Darkside - It looks like you are entering the Zip code to lookup your city. For me, I had to use the city name. For Zip code 98074 the correct area would be USWA0511. Hope this helps.
You should also be able to use your US/Canada zip-code as your location ID... Sorry if I didn't make this clear...
Old 08-27-2004, 12:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by turak
I see the problem. Font size for malore's recordings is just changing the size of the field for the text. The text itself doesn't seem to change size.
Ok, I see this... it is using the ui/base_font_size property instead. For the moment, keep multimenu_fontsize the same as ui/base_font_size. I will try to fix this today, but cannot guarantee it...

[Edit] sorry, it will have to be for when I get back!

Last edited by nielm; 08-27-2004 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

I also do see a problem with one menu: to get there be in the main screen. then press:
Sage TV PVR -> Recordings
then in this menu press with right mouse button.

This menu has left column pretty ok, but I think there should be something on the right side as well, it seems like there is microscopic writing in two places on the right side, and mouse can be moved over those buttons as well.

I dont know how to make a screen capture so I cant post what I do see. I did not modify any of the files in your package not I changed any font settings.

Regards, I love this STV
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by chrysek
Sage TV PVR -> Recordings
then in this menu press with right mouse button.
This menu has left column pretty ok, but I think there should be something on the right side as well, it seems like there is microscopic writing in two places on the right side, and mouse can be moved over those buttons as well.
Yep I see this... This is a problem with opions menu in my import of all the Malore-style menus.

You can switch back to the default sage Recordings menu, or Mlbdude 2-column style by going to:
SageTV PVR -> Custom Menus -> Custom menus Settings (scroll down) -> Sage Recordings Style
and set it to Default.
This setting is also available in:
SageTV PVR -> Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Enhancements -> Malore Menus Options -> Sage Recordings Style.

Its been put on the to-do list for when I get back!
Old 08-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

You are da best thank you so much!!!

The more I use this I love it more and more, great job!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by nielm
Ok, I see this... it is using the ui/base_font_size property instead. For the moment, keep multimenu_fontsize the same as ui/base_font_size. I will try to fix this today, but cannot guarantee it...

[Edit] sorry, it will have to be for when I get back!
I figured that is was using ui/base_font_size. Other then this minor problem, I really like this STV.

Last edited by turak; 08-27-2004 at 10:46 AM.