SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-21-2004, 03:00 PM
Sage User

Here's the updated version of the batch file to clean up orphaned files from commercial skip, this one does the new files comskip v.5x creates and can handle spaces in path and file names:

@echo off
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %%i in ('dir /s/b *-0.txt') do if NOT EXIST "%%i.mpg" (del "%%i.txt")
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %%i in ('dir /s/b *-0.log') do if NOT EXIST "%%i.mpg" (del "%%i.log")
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %%i in ('dir /s/b *-0.chp') do if NOT EXIST "%%i.mpg" (del "%%i.chp")
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %%i in ('dir /s/b *-0.logo.txt') do if NOT EXIST "%%i.mpg" (del "%%i.logo.txt")
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %%i in ('dir /s/b *-0.csv') do if NOT EXIST "%%i.mpg" (del "%%i.csv")
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %%i in ('dir /s/b *-0.srt') do if NOT EXIST "%%i.mpg" (del "%%i.srt")
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %%i in ('dir /s/b *-0.smi') do if NOT EXIST "%%i.mpg" (del "%%i.smi")
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %%i in ('dir /s/b *-0.cut') do if NOT EXIST "%%i.mpg" (del "%%i.cut")
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %%i in ('dir /s/b *-0.VPrj') do if NOT EXIST "%%i.mpg" (del "%%i.VPrj")

Save and run the batch file from within your videos folder. I recommend adding this a scheduled event to run everyday to keep your folder clean.

Last edited by OverClock; 10-24-2004 at 01:37 AM.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:23 AM
Sage User

So I was happily using Nielm's awesome STV with 2.0. Out of curiosity I upgraded to 2.1RC4, and reverted to the default STV. Now I *really* miss the Nielm - so should I go ahead and use it with 2.1RC4, or revert back to 2.0, or just wait?

Also, I'd like to 'clean up' my Sage files a bit after trying out other STVs. (I'm thinking I should do a clean install and copy over my properties & wiz.bin files) But there are a bunch of mlbdude entries in the properties file - can I get rid of them?

Thanks for your help!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:47 AM
Sage User

Best way I have found is do a new install and set everything up the way you like, keeping it all stock. Next copy the folder to a new location, also do a copy after you install all the upgrades the way you like them, when you are sure it is all stable. Then install all the STV's and experiment all you like. When it blows up or you want to return to stock, delete all the files and folders and copy the copy you made back to the initial folder. All is then removed and reset. I did this prior to installing the beta 2.1 and am glad I did. I copied it to my D: drive for safe keeping. My C: drive died last night and I would have lost all my work.

Last edited by bizarro; 10-22-2004 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

my stv uses some of those mlbdude properties for the mlbdude screens.
Frey would prefer that you test betas with the original STV to iron out the bugs...
As for whether mine will work in 2.1... http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...&postcount=402
Old 10-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hello, I'm having problems getting the Weather module to run..
Error: failed to run weather retriever:
C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\STVs\OriginalV...
(it ends there)

My Sage.prop settings:
mlbdude/weather_exe=\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\GetWeather.exe
mlbdude/weather_exe_java=false
mlbdude/weather_file=\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\MlbDude\\Weather.txt
mlbdude/weather_provider=www.weatherroom.com
mlbdude/weather_url=
mlbdude/weather_zip=NLXX0014

I have the MlbDude2 skin installed (there is a GetWeather.exe in the STV folder).

When I install the .bat version of the weather suite from Nielm, and set it up... It runs fine.. But in his version I can't make a diff in the menu layout.
Any help would be appreciated
Old 10-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Sage User

hey there, been using sage for about a month to a very limited extent. then someone mentioned these customizations on another forum so i decided to investigate. WOW!! nielm, you have really taken this software from sort of kind of useful to a stage where i may never see the desktop again. thank you and malore, and mlbdude, and everyone else working hard on these custom STVs.

anyway, i am trying to customize this customization i have changed out the cities in the weather suite. if anyone is having trouble with that i can provide my limited knowledge on it. i've also changed the Play DVD menu item to launch zoomplayer, and i altered the web browser menu item to launch firefox.

had a question about the menu.xml file, but i found the wiki

i'm trying to run mame, but i get the problem i've seen elsewhere where when you quit mame the sage screen is black. someone said to set switchres=0 in mame.ini. i don't have a mame.ini file. so in sage.properties i tried adding the -noswitchres to the mame/mame_exe_path=C\:\\Program Files\\MAME\\mame.exe line. i think the -noswitchres parameter is being ignored though.

so 2 questions. are the people with the mame.ini file running something other than the command line version of mame? is there a way to add paramters on lines in the sage.properties file?

thanks,
big boi

ps- also, if you recompress a show externally but put it back in your video directory with the same filename will it still have the right show info?

Last edited by big boi; 10-23-2004 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Sage User

these are the lines from my sage.properties file.

mlbdude/weather_exe=\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\MlbDude\\GetWeather.exe
mlbdude/weather_url=http\://www.weatherroom.com/xml/ext/
mlbdude/weather_zip=20886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methius
Hello, I'm having problems getting the Weather module to run..
Error: failed to run weather retriever:
C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\STVs\OriginalV...
(it ends there)

My Sage.prop settings:
mlbdude/weather_exe=\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\GetWeather.exe
mlbdude/weather_url=
mlbdude/weather_zip=NLXX0014

I have the MlbDude2 skin installed (there is a GetWeather.exe in the STV folder).

When I install the .bat version of the weather suite from Nielm, and set it up... It runs fine.. But in his version I can't make a diff in the menu layout.
Any help would be appreciated
Old 10-24-2004, 03:38 AM
Sage Expert

Just sorting out my menus. Anyone know where I can get hold of the icons that are used in nielms STV (eg 'mm_info.png')?

I cant seem to find the example icon anywhere.

Alternatively - does anyone know where these icons were sourced?
Old 10-24-2004, 05:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nielm Hi
a few questions:
1. would it be possible for u to incorparate the mini guide by mlbdude2, into u'r stv? (the mini guide apppears when watching tv and you can browse the shows while watching tv).
2. in a response to a question of mine, andy (MalDude2) added some properties to his 2.1 stv and with them we can view the custom guide in hebrew (show names), http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...8&page=1&pp=20
can u add these to u'r stv so i can use it and see the favorites in hebrew?

3. it used to be that in the tvguide I saw arrows over the timeline so i can click and it would advance a day or back-up a day and on the show timeline, an arrow would appear over it, so i can move the shows forward and backwords. I do'nt see these icons now, I would love to get them back if anyone knows how to return them.

i am currently using the 2.1 version but i don't think thats the reason for q' number 3.

alon24
Old 10-24-2004, 06:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
Just sorting out my menus. Anyone know where I can get hold of the icons that are used in nielms STV (eg 'mm_info.png')?

I cant seem to find the example icon anywhere.

Alternatively - does anyone know where these icons were sourced?
they are in the mlbdude2 STV zipfile

The source is the GANT iconset at deviantart.com
Old 10-24-2004, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
Nielm Hi
a few questions:
1. would it be possible for u to incorparate the mini guide by mlbdude2, into u'r stv? (the mini guide apppears when watching tv and you can browse the shows while watching tv).
2. in a response to a question of mine, andy (MalDude2) added some properties to his 2.1 stv and with them we can view the custom guide in hebrew (show names), http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...8&page=1&pp=20
can u add these to u'r stv so i can use it and see the favorites in hebrew?
I am not updating this STV (other than bugfixes) until 2.1 goes 'gold' Sorry... Some of the features will be made available soon as importable modules for 2.1....

Quote:
3. it used to be that in the tvguide I saw arrows over the timeline so i can click ... I would love to get them back if anyone knows how to return them.
Setup/detailed setup/general/enable mouse icons...
Old 10-24-2004, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by big boi
ps- also, if you recompress a show externally but put it back in your video directory with the same filename will it still have the right show info?
I cannot comment on MAME (sorry) but in 2.0, the show information is linked to the exact file name, so even changing it from .mpg to .avi means that you will lose the show information...
(workaround... Use the Malore sage recordings view to export show information to show.xml, convert it to info.my format, and add it in the video library)
Old 10-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
3. it used to be that in the tvguide I saw arrows over the timeline so i can click and it would advance a day or back-up a day and on the show timeline, an arrow would appear over it, so i can move the shows forward and backwords. I do'nt see these icons now, I would love to get them back if anyone knows how to return them.
_If_ this STV is using the customized LiveTV Guide from mlbdude's STV, those arrow icons were removed and you cannot get them back.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:18 PM
Sage Expert

This is a question about newsfeeds.

1) I know you answered the email question in another thread but is there a way to get web email to show up in a newsfeed (like gmail or hotmail).

2) Is there a reason that the feeds from blogs won't show up. Most blogs have an atom.xml file they generate like this one.
http://soxyankees2004.blogspot.com/atom.xml
But I can't get them to publish in the reader. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-24-2004, 04:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Web email: if the web email provider provides an RSS feed, yes. If they provide POP or IMAP access then the mailfeed php script I found can be used to generate a feed.

2) Atom is not RSS... they are different formats. My RSS newsreader can only read RSS... You can either enhance the java to parse and read Atom feeds, or use a tool such as Feedburner to convert between the two: http://www.feedburner.com (never used it myself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
This is a question about newsfeeds.

1) I know you answered the email question in another thread but is there a way to get web email to show up in a newsfeed (like gmail or hotmail).

2) Is there a reason that the feeds from blogs won't show up. Most blogs have an atom.xml file they generate like this one.
http://soxyankees2004.blogspot.com/atom.xml
But I can't get them to publish in the reader. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-24-2004, 05:48 PM
Sage Expert

FYI:

feedburner didn't work for me but http://www.2rss.com/software.php?page=atom2rss works great.

Also, http://cavedoni.com/2004/02/rss1 works without advertisements but doesn't include as much information by way of the actual message.

Both just generate a web address that you can use in nielm's news reader

thanks for the info, nielm

EDIT: After doing much research, I've learned that gmail has an atom feed. However, the problem is that it requires authentication (obviously) and none of the atom to RSS converters support authentication, at least none of the above. If anbody can figure out a way around this, or find a converter that does convert authenticated atom feeds to RSS, please let me know. thanks

Last edited by abasu2003; 10-24-2004 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:52 PM
Sage User

A great idea would be to add the ability to define external commands that can be executed from the SageTV menus like having a menu of blank menu items that the name of the item and the command attached to it can be defined so that things like the cleanup batch file for orphaned files and the command line defragmenter can be run from the menus so whatever extra things that need to be done can happen without leaving the menuing interface.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:17 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverClock
A great idea would be to add the ability to define external commands that can be executed from the SageTV menus like having a menu of blank menu items that the name of the item and the command attached to it can be defined so that things like the cleanup batch file for orphaned files and the command line defragmenter can be run from the menus so whatever extra things that need to be done can happen without leaving the menuing interface.

You can define external commands in the menu.xml file
Old 10-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Hey, I just loaded your skin on 2.1RC5, and it works great!!! I love the transparency in overlay. is there a way to change the color? Would I just modify the color of the mesh pic?
Old 10-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

I still can't get that damn weather suite to work...
I installed it, along with the Mlbdude2 skin, have the correct path for the GetWeather.exe. It works if I install the Nielm Weather extractor, (that .bat file) , but then I only get a basic 10 day forecast on the screen, nothing like the fancy pics showed on the Nielm website.

Thanks for any help..