SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by turak
I use a perl script on a linux box that mounts my video directories to clean up orphaned txt files, but stranger89 posted a for statement that you could use in windows to clean them up. I suppose you could put it in a .bat file in your video directory.

open up notepad and paste the following into it:
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %i in ('dir /s/b *-0.txt') do if NOT EXIST %i.mpg (del %i.txt)
save it as something like cleantxt.bat. Put cleantxt.bat in your video directory. Double click cleantxt.bat whenever you want to get rid of orphaned txt files.
Thanks, that will help, but it doesn't seem to work. When I run it I get:
Code:
V:\>cleantxt
i.mpg was unexpected at this time.

V:\>for /f "tokens=1 delims=." i.mpg (del i.txt)
Also, I'm trying to get comm detect to run on all programs in the background, but it isn't running. It will run if I manually select a program, but it's not running on all programs in the background. I have this in my properties file:

Code:
background_commercial_processing=true
background_commercial_processing_awake=true
background_commercial_processing_ignore=140,280
background_commercial_processing_recording=true
Is there something else I need? Also, this is on my client box.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Sage Expert

Wondering if anyone has seen this with a pvr-350 and Neilm's stv running Comskip:
When it is comskipping in the background...the screen will lock...if I hit pause then play it starts again...for a random amount of time before happening again (usually within 2-3 min). Mighty annoying.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

[QUOTE=jcato]Thanks, that will help, but it doesn't seem to work. When I run it I get:
Code:

You have to double up on the % to make it work or else it gets stripped out since you're running it from a batch file. Don't ask me why, it took me several hours of searching to figure this out.

So instead of the original, you need this:
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %%i in ('dir /s/b *-0.txt') do if NOT EXIST %%i.mpg (del %%i.txt)
Old 10-01-2004, 12:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Endymoin,
I was getting the same "unexpected at this time" error until I tried your code. Now it runs, however, it doesn't actually delete any text files. If I insert "pause" after your code, so I can see it, I get output like ...

D:\recordingsfolder\if NOT EXIST D:\recordingsfolder\showname-####-0.mpg (del D:\recordingsfolder\showname-####-0.txt )

over and over again for each file in the folder, but when I check the recordings folder there are still orphaned txt files. I doesn't seem to actually delete them. Am I missing something?
Old 10-01-2004, 12:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

Never mind, I figured it out, you can't have a space in your recordings folder name. Mine is D:\Tv Media\ I ran a test in a folder with out a space in the name and it worked. Isn't DOS fun?
Old 10-01-2004, 12:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanzee
Endymoin,
I was getting the same "unexpected at this time" error until I tried your code. Now it runs, however, it doesn't actually delete any text files. If I insert "pause" after your code, so I can see it, I get output like ...

D:\recordingsfolder\if NOT EXIST D:\recordingsfolder\showname-####-0.mpg (del D:\recordingsfolder\showname-####-0.txt )

over and over again for each file in the folder, but when I check the recordings folder there are still orphaned txt files. I doesn't seem to actually delete them. Am I missing something?
Damn, I typed a bunch of stuff that was wrong anyway, and then saw you already figured it out when I posted.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Dooms_day: What you describe is odd because there is nothing that my STV can do that can change the padding settings of already existing favourties/recordings behind your back, and even the code for editing the padding for an existing/new favourite/record is identical to that in the original...

Deadbolt: Laurenglenn's multiple file comskip... I don't know how easy/difficult this would be. As I don't use comskip myself, I don't want to spend too much of my time on it....
It is not possible to change what you need for the favourites in the STV.

bgorrel: I won't modify the archived shows screen, sorry, and as others have pointed out, all malores menus are included
I am not going to change the installation process. The separate zipfiles are there to save bandwidth -- each new version normally only needs an STV update, so you don't need to download unchanged icons/java/ -- and to prevent updates wiping your modified settings in menu.xml.
Ghost shadows of all the menus and text: sounds like your background image (Background1024.jpg) has disappeared, or has become corrupted. Maybe you installed into a different directory, or cleaned up the OriginalV2 directory.
My STV uses the images that are included with the OriginalV2 STV from Sage, so you still need all the stuff that was in that directory...

jcato: there was a bug in running background com skip in 1.4 which meant that the exe never ran... If you are getting 0-length .txt files generated, this is most likely a comskip.exe problem. Try enabling the troubleshooting features to try to get more info for Jere, and post in the comskip thread...
Old 10-01-2004, 04:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've been using this STV and comskip for a few weeks with my pvr-350 and I've not seen this.

The only downside to using this STV with the 350 IMHO is that it wants to launch the browser for a few things which we miss out on.

I REALLY like the idea of accessing web content (RSS feeds, weather, IMDB et al) but I would like to see it internalized as much as possible (like the weather module). Once you launch the web browser you lose everyone but the computer person in the house.

This is a really nice looking interface esp with the 350's quality output. It's a nice balance of form vs function. I think it's well thought out and quite elegant really, I was delighted to find I could edit the propertes of the disk guage for example.

Uhh so like short answer, no.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt
Wondering if anyone has seen this with a pvr-350 and Neilm's stv running Comskip:
When it is comskipping in the background...the screen will lock...if I hit pause then play it starts again...for a random amount of time before happening again (usually within 2-3 min). Mighty annoying.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

This is the best thread isn't it!

OK, when using MBLDUDE recording screen, after launching a file the comskip bars do not appear in the time bar. I switch over to the malore recording screen, and when i launch the same file the comskip bars appear. Am i the only one with this? I just like mlbdude recording screen so much better than malores
THanks

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 10-01-2004, 05:06 AM
SageTVaholic

blocking web browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotuitdan
Actually, there is one other place: The sponsor links under the Weather Suite launch a browser. I guess my desire isn't so much to embed the details under RSS news stories, but to disable getting more details (and thus launching the browser) from within Sage.
Had a quick flash of inspiration about this... RSS feeds, IMDB and weather sponsors all launch the default web browser by running "cmd.exe start URL" If you change the property nielm/command_interpreter to a non existant command (garbage.exe), or to an exe which does nothing (such as attached nullexe.exe), then the browser startups will be blocked (I don't think it will have any other side-effects)... Another option is changing the system default browser to some exe that does nothing...

I am not going to put an actual option for disabling web browser as it would violate the licence for the weather.com feeds -- they require that the sponsored links are functional...
Attached Files
File Type: zip nullexe.zip (10.5 KB, 173 views)
Old 10-01-2004, 06:03 AM
Sage Expert

[QUOTE=Endymion]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcato
Thanks, that will help, but it doesn't seem to work. When I run it I get:
Code:

You have to double up on the % to make it work or else it gets stripped out since you're running it from a batch file. Don't ask me why, it took me several hours of searching to figure this out.

So instead of the original, you need this:
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %%i in ('dir /s/b *-0.txt') do if NOT EXIST %%i.mpg (del %%i.txt)

Sorry about the misinformation. I'm glad you found a solution that worked. Like I said when I posted this, I don't actually use this to clean my txt files. I'm more of a unix geek and I already had my video directories samba mounted on my linux box. So I wrote a perl script to take care of it. I just remembered stranger89 posting the for statement in the comskip thread and figured the easiest way to use it would be from a batch file. I didn't realise it would strip the %'s.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
If you change the property nielm/command_interpreter to a non existant command (garbage.exe), or to an exe which does nothing (such as attached nullexe.exe), then the browser startups will be blocked (I don't think it will have any other side-effects)...
Thanks Nielm! I'll try this over the weekend. I presume the command interpreter property doesn't affect comskip, compress, or launching other external programs (I use myhtpc for music)?

thanks!
Old 10-01-2004, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotuitdan
Thanks Nielm! I'll try this over the weekend. I presume the command interpreter property doesn't affect comskip, compress, or launching other external programs (I use myhtpc for music)?
Compress is not run by the STV (you have to run it manually to pickup the compression jobs)
Comskip is only run with cmd.exe when you enable the nielm/comskip_debug_output flag
Launching external programs from the menu.xml does not use this setting
Old 10-01-2004, 08:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

nielm,

Have looked more into internalizing the IMDB data using a local copy of the Database and AMD tool that you linked to earlier in this thread? I am downloading the local copy of the database and the tool and seeing what it generates. I am guessing it will not generate something that you can easily incorporate into Sage. Would it help if some one, maybe me, created a tool that would take the information from the tool and generated a XML file for you to display? I.E. you call an exe with the query request and then the exe would call AMD and generate an XML file with the data for you to read into SageTV?

Unless I am miss reading the License it appears that as long as you are not distributing the AMD program or the lists and you display all IMDB legal information you are with in your legal rights. So people would have to download the AMD tool and Lists from IMDB them selves.

Thanks,
John
Living Room: WinXP Pro SP2, AMD XP3200+, 1GB, 1.3TB 3ware 9500S12 RAID5, GigaByte GA7N400Pro2, 2xVBOX USB2 HD Tuner<-Antennna, 1xHDHR<-Antennna , HD100 to HDMI Splitter 1080i->32" 4:3 HDTV or 1080i->92" 1080P LCD Projector
Kitchen: WinXP Home SP2, Celeron 2.0Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, Saphire ATI MB, ATI9200->19"LCD
2 BedRooms: MediaMVP
Old 10-01-2004, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Jptaz: thats exactly what I am looking into (except that the STV/java would call (are calling) the amdb tools and read/parse the output directly).
Old 10-01-2004, 12:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

What amdb tools are you using?

I have tried a lot of versions and only one of them has worked for me so far, but it is a front end to a mySQL DB.

John
Living Room: WinXP Pro SP2, AMD XP3200+, 1GB, 1.3TB 3ware 9500S12 RAID5, GigaByte GA7N400Pro2, 2xVBOX USB2 HD Tuner<-Antennna, 1xHDHR<-Antennna , HD100 to HDMI Splitter 1080i->32" 4:3 HDTV or 1080i->92" 1080P LCD Projector
Kitchen: WinXP Home SP2, Celeron 2.0Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, Saphire ATI MB, ATI9200->19"LCD
Old 10-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Had a quick flash of inspiration about this... RSS feeds, IMDB and weather sponsors all launch the default web browser by running "cmd.exe start URL" If you change the property nielm/command_interpreter to a non existant command (garbage.exe), or to an exe which does nothing (such as attached nullexe.exe), then the browser startups will be blocked (I don't think it will have any other side-effects)... Another option is changing the system default browser to some exe that does nothing...

I am not going to put an actual option for disabling web browser as it would violate the licence for the weather.com feeds -- they require that the sponsored links are functional...
Maybe run a batch file that cleans up the unlinked .txt files (nielm/command_interpreter=cleanme.bat)
Old 10-01-2004, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptaz
What amdb tools are you using?
I have tried a lot of versions and only one of them has worked for me so far, but it is a front end to a mySQL DB.
http://www.steffensiebert.de/amdb/
Only problem is that gendb sometimes chokes on some of the lists, but if you delete the last one it was working on, and retry it, it continues.
I will make the IMDB backend plug-able so other backends can be used.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Yeah I found that out today, but didn't think to delete the one it choked on. Seemed kind of important since it was actors.

I think there is a java based one too.
http://www.amdbfront.com/

It includes source and docs too.
I found the windows based one with MySQL didn't choke on any of the lists...It looks like amdb is not been worked on for a while.

John
Old 10-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Nielm, you hit it on the head about the background file. I extracted with paths to the OriginalV2 directory, when I should have extracted to the SageTV directory or without paths. Working good now. Great work.

Quote:

bgorrel: I won't modify the archived shows screen, sorry, and as others have pointed out, all malores menus are included
I am not going to change the installation process. The separate zipfiles are there to save bandwidth -- each new version normally only needs an STV update, so you don't need to download unchanged icons/java/ -- and to prevent updates wiping your modified settings in menu.xml.
Ghost shadows of all the menus and text: sounds like your background image (Background1024.jpg) has disappeared, or has become corrupted. Maybe you installed into a different directory, or cleaned up the OriginalV2 directory.
My STV uses the images that are included with the OriginalV2 STV from Sage, so you still need all the stuff that was in that directory...