SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-23-2004, 09:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am using the latest and greatest nielm combo. When using the updated Mlbdude recording 2-pane view and not using the video preview, when i select a show, I hear it but don't see it. I have to select the show and select "Watch Now" to see it. If i use the video preview, selecting once starts the video in the preview pane, and selecting again starts it full screen.

Is this a mlbdud bug or a nielm combo bug?
Thanks

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 09-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Sage Expert

Hi Nielm. I started using your STV last week. It's great. Thanks.

Now for the begging. Is there any chance you could fix the bug in mlbdude that prevents the path of the ripped dvd library being sent correctly to the external media player. The bug is discussed on page 23 of the mlbdude2 thread.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&pagenumber=23

Thanks for the great work. I appreciate it.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I am using the latest and greatest nielm combo. When using the updated Mlbdude recording 2-pane view and not using the video preview, when i select a show, I hear it but don't see it. I have to select the show and select "Watch Now" to see it. If i use the video preview, selecting once starts the video in the preview pane, and selecting again starts it full screen.

Is this a mlbdud bug or a nielm combo bug?
This is a problem in nielm's stv.
________
Art On The Hill Condo Pattaya

Last edited by meekell; 09-08-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Sage Expert

Why are there 2 weather buttons (one says weather, and one says weather suite)??

The weather one does nothing except go to a blank screen and says looking up or downloading information, but never comes back with any, so it just hangs there (not lock up, but never gets any info) The other one works ok, and I managed to FINALLY get my local zip code to work (what a pain in the .... ) I would adjust one file, nothing, then one file I couldn't adjust at all, until I right clicked and finally edited it, then the program ALWAYS put washington DC first, so I always had to go in and select my area. I finally got rid of all the other areas, and fixed that problem.

Now I don't have any (actually never did) local maps showing up, like they were for DC and the other locations that came by default.

Also, any INSTRUCTIONS on how to customize menus? I cant figure it out, I'd like to delete some stuff from showing up that I don't use or want.

I like the idea of the comercial skip, but does it mean that I have to use MLDUDES skin to use it? what does his skin look like? (the recording screen)

This skin is pretty good, but I have noticed a few new glithes, my show indicators lose parts of the buttons just about every day. The little arrows for play or time indicator disappear partially or flicker.

I also can barely barely read the text on some of the "guides", and as usual, I can't seem to get them to work. What do I need to do to use them?

Stupid questions, but this is partially why I wish I had studio, to make it as detailed, or as non-detailed as I like.

PS.....THIS STV KICKS A$$, if I could "clean it up, it would be perfect!

Good job!

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 09-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Sage Icon

Try this. I've only been using the STV a couple of days, but was able to customize EVERYTHING based on the information in these links. Ok, not quite everything. MLBDUDE and Malore specific features are describing their respective threads.

http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_stv/

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/NielmStv

Hope that helps!!!

Jason Bottjen

Quote:
Originally posted by broderp
Also, any INSTRUCTIONS on how to customize menus? I cant figure it out, I'd like to delete some stuff from showing up that I don't use or want.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by broderp
Why are there 2 weather buttons (one says weather, and one says weather suite)??

The weather one does nothing except go to a blank screen and says looking up or downloading information, but never comes back with any, so it just hangs there (not lock up, but never gets any info) The other one works ok, and I managed to FINALLY get my local zip code to work (what a pain in the .... ) I would adjust one file, nothing, then one file I couldn't adjust at all, until I right clicked and finally edited it, then the program ALWAYS put washington DC first, so I always had to go in and select my area. I finally got rid of all the other areas, and fixed that problem.

Now I don't have any (actually never did) local maps showing up, like they were for DC and the other locations that came by default.

I like the idea of the comercial skip, but does it mean that I have to use MLDUDES skin to use it? what does his skin look like? (the recording screen)

This skin is pretty good, but I have noticed a few new glithes, my show indicators lose parts of the buttons just about every day. The little arrows for play or time indicator disappear partially or flicker.

I also can barely barely read the text on some of the "guides", and as usual, I can't seem to get them to work. What do I need to do to use them?

Stupid questions, but this is partially why I wish I had studio, to make it as detailed, or as non-detailed as I like.

PS.....THIS STV KICKS A$$, if I could "clean it up, it would be perfect!

Good job!
Read through this thread ... there was a lot of dialog about weather and weather suite issues.

And yes read the JasonJoel recommended links ...

Oh ... when you make yours perfect, be sure to post it ...

T.

Last edited by mightyt; 09-24-2004 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
From the feature list of the first page:
Quote:
Weather reporting suite with full Weather.com integration, multiple location support and ability to display animated images
Mlbdude-2 weather viewer for backward compatibility (needs mlbdude2 STV installed)

These links are also in the first page of this thread... and in the STV itself (Detailed setup->Enhancements->Web site)

As for weather images in local views, see this post
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...6&postcount=32

The Weather report suite is powerful, but with that power comes the complicated customisation. You are free to create a WRS configuration GUI to generate the XML files if you want -- I have been busy on other things.

The malore guides font size is cusomisable....

Compskip can be started for individual files from the MALORE sage recordings menu (which you either can have set as the default sage recording screen, or set up a custom menu item that links directly to it).

I don't know what the 3 malore Guides do either -- I just included them, but don't use them... look at the instructions for malore menus.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:24 AM
Sage Expert

Nielm - do only have to download the .STV file to get the latest update?
Old 09-24-2004, 03:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
Nielm - do only have to download the .STV file to get the latest update?
STV and java and also icons -- if you have not yet installed mlbdude2) See upgrade post
Old 09-24-2004, 05:09 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
I don't know what the 3 malore Guides do either -- I just included them, but don't use them... look at the instructions for malore menus.
They allow you to make custom guides. Say you like SciFi shows/movies. You can rename one of the custom guides to SciFi then setup a filter to show only upcoming shows that are catagorized as SciFi. Then set it to group by title. Use the 'options' button/command (Esc key) to bring up the customization menu from within one of these menus.

Edit:
It looks like with the fabulous addition of menus.xml, that renaming menus from the options menu no longer works. To rename these guides you now have to edit the menus.xml

Last edited by turak; 09-24-2004 at 05:31 AM.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Sage User

There is a slight problem with 2 tuner cards. It's showing that I have double the harddrive space remaining as I should.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,
CMfly
Old 09-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMfly
There is a slight problem with 2 tuner cards. It's showing that I have double the harddrive space remaining as I should.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,
CMfly
Are you sure it's related to multiple tuner cards? I have two PVR-250's in my SageTV server and it reports the correct disk usage.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by turak
Are you sure it's related to multiple tuner cards? I have two PVR-250's in my SageTV server and it reports the correct disk usage.
Nope not sure at all but All I've done is install 2 250-pvr cards then sagetv2 then this stv and now it's showing me having double the harddrive....

Unless the harddrive fairy came in last night when I was sleeping and gave me a new one... (After careful inspection the drive is still 80 gigs and not 160...)

I just assumed it was to do with the 2 tuner cards but I guess it's something else. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
CMfly
Old 09-24-2004, 12:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Do you have any network drives mounted?
What do you have set for your video directory(s)? Could you have the same drive listed twice perhaps?

That's all I got...
Old 09-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Sage User

Hmm I did add 2 folders on the same drive...

Wow thanks for your help I guess I'll stick to one folder for videos.

Thanks!

CMfly
Old 09-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

You might also try the "use only" for each folder. That might report the correct disk space....
Old 09-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Sage Expert

STILL NEED MORE..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
From the feature list of the first page:

These links are also in the first page of this thread... and in the STV itself (Detailed setup->Enhancements->Web site)

As for weather images in local views, see this post
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...6&postcount=32

The Weather report suite is powerful, but with that power comes the complicated customisation. You are free to create a WRS configuration GUI to generate the XML files if you want -- I have been busy on other things.

The malore guides font size is cusomisable....

Compskip can be started for individual files from the MALORE sage recordings menu (which you either can have set as the default sage recording screen, or set up a custom menu item that links directly to it).

I dont think you guys here get the picture. There is NOTHING in any of those links (wich I printed out every page to use to set up this STV) that tells me WHAT TO DO STEP BY STEP with the menus, no examples, no NOTHING. I'm not a programmer, don't have a clue about XML, JXT,JHS or what ever you guys call all these plugins.

I am so lost as to WHY I need MLDUDES stuff when I don't want his features, I didn't install any thing from his STV, and it seems to work just fine.

I'll admit, I'm not the sharpest tool in the PC programming shed, which is why AGAIN, I feel more people should have access to this studio.

Neilms STV is the closest to what I'm looking for, but I still have NO CLUE on several features, have asked for help, have been told to "read the posts" which I have and my answers STILL are not there.

Please try to see it from my stand point. Most of the tweaking I need to do is BEYOND my capability right now, It's hard to do anything if you don't know the TERMS and the way things work. Telling me I can "customize" my menus is great, but where do I start? You guys assume I know as much as you do, and I'm sure I'm not the only who is lost or has these questions. I may be the only one it seems to post my concerns.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 09-24-2004, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

> I'm not a programmer, don't have a clue about XML,
In the menu configuration page there is a link to an XML tutorial which explains what XML is and what the terms tag and attribute mean.

In the Wiki, there is a page with examples of adding new screens new submenus and new programs..

With that and the delivered menu.xml as an example pretty much everyone else here have figured out what to do...
Old 09-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
Please try to see it from my stand point. Most of the tweaking I need to do is BEYOND my capability right now, It's hard to do anything if you don't know the TERMS and the way things work. Telling me I can "customize" my menus is great, but where do I start? You guys assume I know as much as you do, and I'm sure I'm not the only who is lost or has these questions. I may be the only one it seems to post my concerns.
OK Broderp ... Know that you can do this !!! ...

I am not a programmer either and I was able to make this happen to my satisfaction. Just have a little patience, be prepared to look at what you are starting with; such as the menu.xml file. Open it, print it, stare at it for a while, look for patterns or things that repeat and apply logic. Once you get it, you will see that it's not all that bad ...

If you PM me your email, I would be happy to send you some or the methods and sample docs that helped me to get what I wanted. I am still no XML programmer and could not do what these guys here do, but I have my HAPPY Menus!!!

Oh ... and reading the links won't hurt either ...

T.

Last edited by mightyt; 09-24-2004 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I am so lost as to WHY I need MLDUDES stuff when I don't want his features, I didn't install any thing from his STV, and it seems to work just fine.

The weather one does nothing except go to a blank screen and says looking up or downloading information, but never comes back with any, so it just hangs there (not lock up, but never gets any info)
The Weather option comes from mlbdude's STV. If you never installed it, it will not work in nielm's STV.

Quote:

I'll admit, I'm not the sharpest tool in the PC programming shed, which is why AGAIN, I feel more people should have access to this studio.
I'm only guessing, but I don't think that Studio will be the magic bullet to solve all of your problems? It will probably help you design custom menus and screens, but it seems that most of the advanced options being developed are being written in XML and JAVA among other things. So Studio will not help you to configure things like the weather suite, or video compression, or sommercial skip.