SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by redman
mightyt,
That looks to be correct. You can only activate commercial detection from the options menu when using Malores recording menu.

Good work nielm.
Thanks Redman .... but, but, but ... I like MlbDude2's 2 Pane ...

Can I whine a little? Will that make a difference??

OK ... I'll get over it ... if I must ... it's FFx5 for me

T.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Sage Expert

Does the web browser, RSS reader, or weather work using the PVR-350 as your only output?
Old 09-21-2004, 10:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Weather and RSS reader works fine, as long as you don't need to launch a browser (i.e. Airport delays - or click on a RSS feed for details)

The output on the PVR-350 will only output the sage screen, so no Web browser.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Weather and RSS reader works fine, as long as you don't need to launch a browser (i.e. Airport delays - or click on a RSS feed for details)

The output on the PVR-350 will only output the sage screen, so no Web browser.
I am still using v.1.2 and when I click an RSS feed it always lunches the browser ... how do you get it to a Sage screen??

Thanks, T.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry, what I meant was that you can view the RSS headlines in sage, but cannot launch a browser to see the articles / details.

To do this I presume we would need to have a new screen in Sage that displays - hopfully I can do this with studio later.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:57 PM
Sage Icon

Hmmm ... I see the RSS feed folders in my Sage, I click them to view the headlines, then I click headlines and the browser launches to the appropriate site ...

T.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

nielm, great job! I am back to your STV - just couldn't resist it.
Just shows how well mlbdude and malore complement each other.
Of course it took your brain to show that !

I am having a little trouble with the Malore recordings screen.
Every time I start com detect, the left and right panes lose co-ordination.
I have to back out to the main menu and re-enter the recordings screen two times to fix the screen.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

comskip and mlbdude view

I seem to have comskip working (with some issues relating to spaces in folder names) with the mlbdue recording view. The controls are not as accessible but seem to be sufficient if you don't need to separate some program's behavior from others.

Background Commercial Processing is enabled on the Malore Custom Menu Settings screen which is independent of the recordings view style. It is also available on the Detailed Setup Enhancements screen.

Lynn
Old 09-22-2004, 12:26 AM
Sage Icon

Re: comskip and mlbdude view

Quote:
Originally posted by ellweber
I seem to have comskip working (with some issues relating to spaces in folder names) with the mlbdue recording view. The controls are not as accessible but seem to be sufficient if you don't need to separate some program's behavior from others.

Background Commercial Processing is enabled on the Malore Custom Menu Settings screen which is independent of the recordings view style. It is also available on the Detailed Setup Enhancements screen.

Lynn
Thanks Lynn ... OK, I see "Background Commercial Processing: Disabled" in the Detailed Setup > Enhancements > Malore Menus Items. I have never used ComSkip, but I assume if I enable this it will automatically comskip all mpeg2 files in the background.

So are you saying I should enable this and when I play a show from the MlbDude2 2-pane recordings menu that I will be able to skip though the commercials?

In addition, I will not be able to "Commercial Detect" an individual show through the 2 pane? Right?

T.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:39 AM
Sage Icon

Is there a way to turn this off??

Auto-Adjusting number of displayed main menu items (between 6/7 and 9/10 (depending on whether recording schedule is visible)

I'd rather have large text and scroll down vs. see them all is tiny text size ...

Thanks, T.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:43 AM
SageTVaholic

RSS News articles on 350-out

Quote:
[Re viewing news articles on PVR-350 out] To do this I presume we would need to have a new screen in Sage that displays - hopfully I can do this with studio later.
To do this, you would have to write something that parses the webpage, work out what is the news item, extract the text and then put it in a Sage screen so that it gets displayed on a 350 (or on tv-out but within the Sage environment)...

This parser would have to be different for every news source, and some pretty tricky coding -- which is why I didn't do it!
Old 09-22-2004, 02:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Re: Re: comskip and mlbdude view

Quote:
Originally posted by mightyt
In addition, I will not be able to "Commercial Detect" an individual show through the 2 pane? Right?
T.
You cannot start commercial detection on individual shows from anywhere except Malores Sage Recordings menu (which you can add a direct link to in the menu.xml if you want so you have direct access to both SageRecordings screens).

Commercial skip on playback will work from wherever you started playing back the recording.

(yes, I took the lazy method when adding the comskip!)
Old 09-22-2004, 02:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by mightyt
Is there a way to turn this off??

Auto-Adjusting number of displayed main menu items (between 6/7 and 9/10 (depending on whether recording schedule is visible)
I wanted to put a numrows property in the XML to be able to make it a per-menu setting but it didn't work...

I might add a a per-menu option in the XML to prevent auto-sizing (personally I like being able to see all of 8 items of malore's custom menus on one page!)
Old 09-22-2004, 03:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaurav
I am having a little trouble with the Malore recordings screen.
Every time I start com detect, the left and right panes lose co-ordination.
I have to back out to the main menu and re-enter the recordings screen two times to fix the screen.
I did say that it was untested

I have reproduced this, and confirmed that it does not happen on Malore's STV... I will have a look...
Old 09-22-2004, 08:10 AM
Sage Expert

Re: Re: Re: comskip and mlbdude view

Quote:
Originally posted by nielm
You cannot start commercial detection on individual shows from anywhere except Malores Sage Recordings menu (which you can add a direct link to in the menu.xml if you want so you have direct access to both SageRecordings screens).

Commercial skip on playback will work from wherever you started playing back the recording.

Just the fact that you added Comskip support is more than I (we) expected! Besides, after having to use the Malore menu for a while for the CA beta I got used to it and while not pretty I can see more info in one glance than any other. Thank you again!!
Old 09-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Sage User

nielm, you are unbelievable. I love you for adding malore's comskip. Now I can finally switch to your stv, but I'll have to find time to mess around with all your extras!

Thank you!
Old 09-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Sage Icon

thanks so much, we finally get comm skip with all the extras. Mini-guide would make my lady happy though. For now, when I'm home it's your .stv but if my wife is watching i still have to switch to mlbdude's 'cause it's one thing she can't give up from those dish days. Keep it up.
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 09-22-2004, 05:23 PM
Sage Icon

Got Comskip working great, but for some reason can't seem to get the compression working. Never see anything produced in my pickup directory. Anybody got any ideas?

** EDIT ** Got it working, silly me must have edited my properties file when Sage was just asleep not closed... Working fine now.

Another question tho, can you use Comskip & the compression on the same program? Will the player jump to the correct place if the file is compressed after the commercial file is created? Guess I'll find out shortly, hopefully it'll work .

** EDIT 2 ** Apparently Comskip & Compression are mutually exclusive. Wonder if the code for comskip could be added to the library module? If it worked on the compressed AVI files, that'd be awesome...

I'm also getting some major blocking on the compressed file, guess I'll ask about that on the compression thread...

Last edited by heffe2001; 09-22-2004 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:48 PM
Sage Icon

Re: Re: Re: comskip and mlbdude view

Quote:
Um .... 1.3.5

Thanks Niel ... You ARE the man !!!
Old 09-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I wanted to put a numrows property in the XML to be able to make it a per-menu setting but it didn't work...

I might add a a per-menu option in the XML to prevent auto-sizing (personally I like being able to see all of 8 items of malore's custom menus on one page!)
Um ... 1.3.6

I like more, but my eyes don't!

Of course I can use your STV as a reason to get approval to get a 60" Flat Panel!!!

Thanks ... T.