SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Remote does not work after sleep

Hi,

Anyone know how to resolve the remote not working after bringing sagetv back from sleep? All is fine prior to the.

I have PVR 250 and the silver remote. I believe that i used a remote.ini file downloaded here - basic remote - b/c i did not want to reinstall sagetv after redoing the 250 drivers.

Also, still on trial time, but what the red F mean on a show - i would think it was favorite, but it comes up on ones that i have not made fav. thanks
Old 08-22-2004, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

First run

the Remote.ini changes you need to make are in the FAQs

and reinstalling SageTV will not correct this

you have to make the changes yourself
Old 08-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Or, for quicker access, see the 'basics' link in my sig lines.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Jerky, missing frame

thanks guys, it is all blurring together after awhile.

On another matter, watching the olympics really woke me up to the issue of jerky pic/missing frames. i thought i have it good w/ windvd6 decoder on overlay (3d off). But this really wakes me up. Think sonic would fix this.

my nvdvd is only a partial screen on source - have not had time to adjust settings, if that is what is needed. but that also seems jerky. CPU only running about 50%.

Thanks
Old 08-22-2004, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

on a SDTV
I really like VMR9 with nvDVD

sonic are really good for overlay but the VMR9 is really washed out
Old 08-31-2004, 08:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

I want to follow up on this. I have the two lines noted by Opus4 in the irremote.ini.

But still, whenever sagetv has been sleeping for a long time, i can only wake it by remote by pressing the awake(sleep/power) button on the remote, but once the menus come up, I am unable to use the remote to navigate (I can wake it with mouse or keyboard fine - and i do put it to sleep using the remote). I need to go use the mouse and restart IR in order to use the remote again. Any ideas, or am i missing something else?
Old 08-31-2004, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Which 2 lines are you referring to? And, it may help to post exactly what they are. Are these the lines for sleeping/waking SageTV? If not, it would help to see those too.

Edit: Or even attach your irremote.ini file to your reply.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry for the lack of info.

I made sure that these lines were included:

In the [Default] section, set:
GRNPOWER={run(C:\Progra~1\FreyTe~1\SageTV\SageTV.exe)}{mode(SageTV)}

In the [SageTV] section, set:
GRNPOWER={ctrl}z{mode(Default)}

I am away from home, and thus do not have the actual file, but I am using the 'basic-irremote' file connected to your "Instructions for extending irremote.ini" thread.

It appears I may be missing a step?
Old 08-31-2004, 09:28 AM
Administrator

As long as that path is correct & there isn't something else in the ini file causing the problem... it should work. When you wake it, are you sure it has focus? i.e.: w/o doing anything else, does pressing the up or down arrows change the highlighted menu item? I think someone had a problem when using an IR keyboard, but I don't remember for sure.

- Andy
Old 08-31-2004, 08:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

ok, able to check it out.

Here is how my sleep works - If i put it to sleep using the green remote button, the only way to wake it is by hitting the green button 2x, and when it brings up the menus i have no function-ie, remote does not control sagetv and have to restart IR.

BUT, if i put it to sleep by scrolling the the sleep in the menu, and hit ok, then i am able to wake it with any key and have functionality. Seems a bit backward, but that is how it seems to work.

Any ideas on how to get the green button to work? thanks
Old 08-31-2004, 08:40 PM
SageTVaholic

you can add the command to restart the remote software in quiet
whenever you hit the power button

It seemed to make my hauppauge more reliable
Old 08-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Oh! I think you have SageTV running full screen & going to its screen saver when you put it to sleep, right? If so, you can disable the screen saver on sleep at Detailed Setup -> General.

Do you use the remote to control any other apps? If not... alternatively, you could remove the mode command after Ctrl+Z in the [SageTV] section of irremote.ini.

Edit: If you are going into the screen saver mode, with either of thse solutions, you don't need to restart the IR app automatically when the green button is used.

- Andy