SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 05-27-2003, 07:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

recording Payed channels

How can I set Sagetv to record payed programs not listes on there guide and that needs to go through the tunner to be descrambled. The way I have my vcr currently setup is. That my Time Warner box has a wire with infered conneted to the vcr and it tells my vcr to record the channel that the tunner is playing at the time. Is this something that Sage can do. Also I will be moving soon and I will be getting Directv. Will this be something I can do with them.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:01 PM
Sage

We don't have programming guide information for PayPerView events at this time. What you can do is temporarily map another channel that you don't use to be that same channel number as the PayPerView channel and then setup a manual recording on that channel for the time you desire.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok Lets say I would like to record Techtv on channel 117. Sage tv guide goes to 99. Also I need the tunner to descrable the channel before heading to the Sage box. How would I set the cabling and software to do that. Sorry if this is sounding like a dumb question.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:25 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

I have recorded PPV movies in the past using the Guide information. I usually browse using my Cable remote and then add the channel I purchased in SageTV (Channel Setup). Then Sage will do an EPG update to get the program information and then just set it as a manual record.

IKK, It sounds like you need to either use an Actisys IR-200L for IR control of your cable box or if you are going to DirecTV, use the serial connection. Let us know if you need more information on the available options.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:24 PM
Sage

If your guide is only going to 117 then you need to select a different provider. In the SetupWizard it probably lists two for your area, one that says 'digital' or something like that. That lineup will have your higher numbered channels in it that are not carried on the analog cable signal.

Thanks.