SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-18-2004, 04:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Removing a File Stuck in Limbo

Hi!

Does anyone here know how to remove an entry from the Sage Recording menu that has no corresponding file? I have one stick in this limbo area and nothing I do will get rid of it.

Karen
NVidia GeForceX 5700
Hauppage WinTV PVR-350
1 TB Hard Drive space
Old 08-18-2004, 05:44 AM
Sage Fanatic

Are you sure there is no matching file in the video directory (thru Windows Explorer)?

Or is there one with a 0 file size?

Not sure why that might have happened, but if so, shut down SageTV and just delete that files with 0 size from the video folder. Might be a good idea to do a reboot of the system also.

Usually, if the file really is not there, after a reboot, or even just exiting and restarting SageTV, it will rescan the files.

See if that works.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

mls,

I tried your suggestion but the file is still list in the Sage Recording window. It absolutely is not on the system. I even tried copying an old video file from a backup, renaming it to the name of the limbo file and then restarting Sage. Sage still will not touch the file.

Karen
NVidia GeForceX 5700
Hauppage WinTV PVR-350
1 TB Hard Drive space
Old 08-18-2004, 06:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

Sorry to hear that Karen.

Rather than lead you off into something that might cause further problems, I'm gonna leave this for someone else (hopefully) more knowledgable.

Hey, never said I knew everything, but I sure do know a LOT of things nobody else really wants to know
Old 08-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Administrator

When you look at the recording details for that file, where does it say it is located? Is that a current video dir?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Andy,

It was on the system that the wiz.bin file came from. I moved SageTV over to my new system.

Thinking like you, I looked at the directory and filename that Sage was looking. Having that I created that directory on the new system, move the file from backup to the new directory, and added the new directory as one of the Video Directories.

When I go to the recording details for the file, I still don't get a delete option and if I try to watch it, Sage simply exits/quits/goes sway.

Karen
NVidia GeForceX 5700
Hauppage WinTV PVR-350
1 TB Hard Drive space
Old 08-18-2004, 09:43 AM
Administrator

It sounds like you already went where I was heading. All I could figure out is that SageTV no longer 'sees' th eplace for the file to be, so it doesn't know if it is ther or not. I _think_ the latest version doesn't auto-delete such files like it used to, in order to cut down on losing recordings form network dirs that happen to be offline at the moment.

With that in mind, the only other thing I can think of at the moment is that it still doesn't see it due to the machine chnage. Perhaps using "make_all_mediafiles_local=true" will clear that last part? Note: if you try that I would at least back up wiz.bin and perhaps use "use_errant_dir=true" also. (from http://www.freytechnologies.com/2_pa...Properties.txt)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:11 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
"make_all_mediafiles_local=true"
I had thought about suggesting that, but I didn't want to without a 2nd opinion. Glad there are others around to cover my lack of knowledge.

Hope it works for you Karen.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Andy and mls,

As soon as I get a break in the recording schedule, I'll give it a try and report back. Thaks for the suggestions!!

Karen
NVidia GeForceX 5700
Hauppage WinTV PVR-350
1 TB Hard Drive space
Old 08-18-2004, 10:20 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen0302

As soon as I get a break in the recording schedule
Ya know, even with 4 tuners in my box, it's still hard to find an open spot when none of them are recording something so I can install something or do a reboot.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Andy and mls,

I tried the suggestion to change make_all_mediafiles_local from false to true. When I restarted SageTV and went to the recording details page of the file that was giving me fits .... I was presented with an option to delete the file, which I did. It worked!!!! ('')

Thanks very much for helping me out of a very sticky situation. The HAF (hubby approval factor) was definately on the decline! ('')

Karen
NVidia GeForceX 5700
Hauppage WinTV PVR-350
1 TB Hard Drive space