SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-26-2003, 04:04 PM
Sage Expert

More control over automating guide updates?

How, exactly, does SageTV schedule EPG updates?

I have scheduled a batch file to run at 3:00am , every Monday to download XMLTV data, sort it by channel, then copy to my SageTV directory as epgdata.xml.

However, Sage ran out of listings today, and it's not scheduled to update it's guide data for a little bit (actually, in a few minutes).

Can I schedule when Sage updates it's guide, so that it occurs shortly after downloading XMLTV data?

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:27 PM
Sage User

Hi Pawn,

I have the exact same question/problem. I my case, I have the EPGDATA file being updated every day at 4am thru XMLTV but the SageGuide is never updated eventhough my System Information screen show that it is. The only way I can get SageGuide to update is to remove and recreate the input source. Have you found anyother way to automate this process? Any help would be appreciated.

Wally
Old 08-01-2003, 08:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'd also the ability to have more control over the Sage EPG updates when using the xmltv plugin. There are two areas I'd like flexibility in:

1) Control over the time at which Sage does the update. Currently the only way I have found to do this is to wait until the time I would like Sage to do updates and then force an update by modifying the channel lineup. Thereafter, Sage will update the EPG at that time. However this ia a little inconvenient if one wants Sage to do updates at 3am!

2) Control over the frequency that Sage updates at. if I only download xmltv data once every three days, then I'd liek Sage to update only once every three days.

Regards
Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).
Old 08-02-2003, 12:19 PM
Sage User

Lester,

I just want SageTV to be able to udpate it's EPG with XTMLTV data without any user intervention.

Are you saying that your SageTV is able to update it's EPG automatically with the XMLTV data and that you are able to also force an update by modifing your channel setup? In my setup my SageTV EPG data is never updated even when SageTV's System Information says it's been. I also tried the channel modify method with no success. The only way for me to get the EPG data to update is to exit SageTV completely and restart it. I would like to know once and for all if this is the way SageTV is supposed to work or is something wrong with my setup.

Wally
Old 08-02-2003, 02:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have my XMLTV creating the .xml file each day and sage seems to be working fine with it now. I did have some problems with previous versions of sage where my EPG would randomly show "No data" and i hadd to do the add/remove channel thing to get the epg to reload but that hasn't happened for about a month for me.

what would be nice is if sage could just detect a file change (can you use the win32 shell api from java?) and on an epg file change, reload it But as I said, not had the no data problem in months using xmltv here.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:56 PM
Sage

It should be able to load the XMLTV data every day without any problems. The only way it wouldn't would be if the plugin itself crashed or hung, which would then prevent Sage's EPG update from running again until it was restarted.
Old 08-03-2003, 06:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Please try the steps I outlined here:
http://www.freytechnologies.com/foru...=1280#post8082