SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-22-2022, 10:26 PM
Sage User

Version 9.2.6 Windowes 11 cannot import into Media files.

I have been a user of SageTV for many many years and still have a system running on Windows XP. I was wanting to upgrade my hardware to a newer machine since the XP machine has been running for 13 years 24/7/365. I have replaced the drives multiple times and multiple power supplies and changed the capacitors on the MB.

So I built a new machine for SageTV as follows:
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
MSI MAG Tomahawk Wifi MB
64 GB ram
2 TB Samsung nvme SSD
8TB Seagate Exos HDD
2 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO
Hauppauge PCIe 4 tuner card
Windows 11 Pro

So the problem is that SageTV will not show any of the DVDs(iso) on the local disks. I configured the Media Center Import Directories to point to the local discs where I have the iso files. I have also configured SageTV service to run as the same local user I use to login that has Administrator permissions.

SageTV does find and display properly recordings that I have from my old XP server.

I have checked in "Services" that the SageTV service is running and as my login user.

Is there a log file somewhere that may detail if there is a configuration problem?

I am stumped,
Michael
Old 12-23-2022, 09:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madamorr View Post
I have been a user of SageTV for many many years and still have a system running on Windows XP. I was wanting to upgrade my hardware to a newer machine since the XP machine has been running for 13 years 24/7/365. I have replaced the drives multiple times and multiple power supplies and changed the capacitors on the MB.

So I built a new machine for SageTV as follows:
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
MSI MAG Tomahawk Wifi MB
64 GB ram
2 TB Samsung nvme SSD
8TB Seagate Exos HDD
2 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO
Hauppauge PCIe 4 tuner card
Windows 11 Pro

So the problem is that SageTV will not show any of the DVDs(iso) on the local disks. I configured the Media Center Import Directories to point to the local discs where I have the iso files. I have also configured SageTV service to run as the same local user I use to login that has Administrator permissions.

SageTV does find and display properly recordings that I have from my old XP server.

I have checked in "Services" that the SageTV service is running and as my login user.

Is there a log file somewhere that may detail if there is a configuration problem?

I am stumped,
Michael
Did you copy the wiz.bin file from your old system to your new system? If so, did the drive letter that the .iso files are on change from the old system? If so, Sage may be waiting for the drive to show up with the old drive letter. Just a guess...
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 12-23-2022, 11:52 AM
Sage User

SageTV imports the DVDs that are saved as "VIDEO_TS" and not .iso

I have duplicated all the drive letters from my old installation.

I have also tried to add new import directories with iso files as well and SageTV cannot load those.

Michael
Old 12-23-2022, 07:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madamorr View Post
SageTV imports the DVDs that are saved as "VIDEO_TS" and not .iso

I have duplicated all the drive letters from my old installation.

I have also tried to add new import directories with iso files as well and SageTV cannot load those.

Michael
You might not like this workaround, but you can convert .iso DVD files to vob/VIDEO_TS directory structures.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 12-23-2022, 08:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

This might be obsolete information, but I remember that Virtual CloneDrive was needed for playback of the ISOs in Sage.
Old 12-24-2022, 07:46 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk2 View Post
This might be obsolete information, but I remember that Virtual CloneDrive was needed for playback of the ISOs in Sage.
I have Virtual Clone Drive installed and configured with two Virtual Sheep. I also checked the file association to ensure that .iso is mapped to Virtual Clone Drive.

Is there a log file for SageTV that may indicate the problem?
Old 12-24-2022, 09:33 AM
Sage User

So I located the SageTV log file:
In folder : C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV
You will see files named sagetv_#.txt, where # is 0 - 4 by default.

In the log file I found the following:
Fri 12/23 8:38:29.731 [Ministry@8a8fd4e] Ministry is starting
Fri 12/23 8:38:29.743 [Ministry@8a8fd4e] WARNING Cannot find VirtualCloneDrive EXE path to mount an ISO!
Fri 12/23 8:38:29.747 [Ministry@8a8fd4e] WARNING Cannot find VirtualCloneDrive EXE path to mount an ISO!
Fri 12/23 8:38:29.751 [Ministry@8a8fd4e] WARNING Cannot find VirtualCloneDrive EXE path to mount an ISO!
Fri 12/23 8:38:29.755 [Ministry@8a8fd4e] WARNING Cannot find VirtualCloneDrive EXE path to mount an ISO!
Fri 12/23 8:38:29.758 [Ministry@8a8fd4e] WARNING Cannot find VirtualCloneDrive EXE path to mount an ISO!

So that means SageTV cannot find Virtual Clone Drive. So I resorted to looking at the source code to find that error message.

private java.io.File getVCDMountEXEPath()
{
String regVal = Sage.readStringValue(Sage.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "SOFTWARE\\Elaborate Bytes\\VirtualCloneDrive", "Install_Dir");
if (regVal == null)
return null;
else
return new java.io.File(regVal, "VCDMount.exe");
}

I had to add the registry entry for Virtual Clone drive.

Then I had to disable auto play for removable media.

And now SageTV is able to use my .iso files again.

Problem solved.
Michael
Old 12-24-2022, 12:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

This doesn't apply to me but could you add what you changed the registry entry to so that if this happens to someone else they would have that information?

Quote:
Sage.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "SOFTWARE\\Elaborate Bytes\\VirtualCloneDrive"
OpenDCT 0.5.32 (64 bit)
Clients: HD300 (x2)
HDHR3-CC Prime 20220822 (Comcast CableCard) - 3 Tuners
HDFX-4K Flex 20220822 (OTA) - 4 Tuners
Old 12-24-2022, 03:49 PM
Sage User

Registry Setting:

1) start regedit.exe
2) Navigate to Computer -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE
3) Add "Elaborate Bytes" if the key does not already exist.
4) Under "Elaborate Bytes", add key "VirtualCloneDrive"
5) Under "VirtualCloneDrive, add new String Value "Install_Dir"
6) Double click "Install_Dir" and set to the folder where VCD is installed. For my installation that is : C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive
Attached Images
File Type: png registryVCD.png (38.6 KB, 22 views)
Hauppauge quad-HD Model 1609
NAS : Synonlgy DS218+ 2 - 14 TB drives, 2 DLINK-323 (2TB plus 4TB)
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 64GB ram, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro, 2 - Samsung 1TB EVO 860, 8TB Seagate Exos
Windows 11 Pro