SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Does anyone know how to get hold of these decoders in the UK? I have an ATI card (2 infact - 9500 and 9200), but it won't let me install the decoders using it (i get the no valid ati disk). I can't buy it off the ati website because it wanot ship to the uk!

Argggg - any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Matt

EDIT: Think i got it - there is a link on ATIs website - still in US but will ship to UK

Last edited by msm; 01-09-2004 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'll have to look - my ATI came with MMC (AIW 9000 Pro.. with the damn heatsink glued on)
"-)
Old 01-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I got the Cyberlink codec working.. it looks about the same as Elecard, maybe a little fuzzier..

now, where is the reg setting for hardware acceleration on the ATI?
"-)

Last edited by BigGator; 01-09-2004 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:38 PM
Sage User

Any other suggestions? I can not get this to work. No listing of these decoders in my detailed settings drop downs. The text string I am using are:

videoframe/additional_audio_filters=Cyberlink Audio Decoder (ATI),Audio In,Audio Out

videoframe/additional_video_filters=Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (ATI),Video In,Video Out

I have the most recent ATI DVD decoders installed, it appears in my Add/Remove porgrams in Control Panel as ATI DVD Decoder 2.2.0.0

I am having the same problem that kolky reported....
[/B]_________________________________________________
Everytime I try to add this and then I start Sage, the filters do not show up and then when I go back into the properties file, it has removed everything I have added. I'm assuming it is replacing the properties file with the backup properties file.
_________________________________________________[/B]

Is it possible that the phrase "Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (ATI)" is no longer correct with the newest decoder? Or, is the use of "Video In,Video Out" specific to a different configuration? I just tried to plagarize (i.e. cut and paste) from this thread based on what worked for others. I have Svideo coming into the PVR 350 and DVI output on an AIW 7500.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Sage User

OK....the plot thickens. I have an installation of SageRecorder that I just had success with this text string.....

Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (ATI),Video In,Video Out

BUT....I still can't get the same exact string to work on the most recent version of SageTV. This wouldn't be because I have a trial version of SageTV while I have a fully purchased version of SageRecorder would it??
Old 01-22-2004, 02:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Make sure SageTV is exited (not just sleeping) when you make the changes to the properties file and make sure you are making changes to sage.properties not the auto backup that is corrected.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:27 AM
Sage User

Thanks msm....that was the ticket...for some reason I got hooked on the autobackup while doing it with SageTV, while I used the correct file in SageRecorder. Got it working now.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Heh. Just thinking about what i had done in the past