SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-22-2022, 11:46 AM
Sage User

sagetv recorded tv + plex and sub-directories

just got the sagetv server back up and running after we picked up a cablecard and have been trying to get some folder organization going on for plex.
moving tv series' into sub folders in the recorded tv directory works fine for plex but sage doesnt seem to look at sub directories.
just wanted to know if there is a way to get sage to look into those sub directories or if i could move the recorded tv shows to a videos folder with sub directories without sage thinking the recordings are gone?
Old 03-22-2022, 05:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

I can't answer your question directly, but I moved a bunch of movies to subfolders under a different folder than the recording directory. Sage was able to find all the movies without problem, but I lost the information about the encoder and the channel That it recorded from. That was a minor issue but it made for better data with Plex I think. I had always intended to go back and to do TV shows but I had not gotten around to it. Maybe if I have some time in the next week I'll test it out and see what happens.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 03-22-2022, 10:51 PM
Sage User

ill give that a shot and move the files to a different directory, then make sub dirs for it.
i think i might of been missing to much trying to read the moving files faq with my 4yr old being all wild today (oy!). but it sounds like that is the job im looking for that'll let plex have sorted folders and sage keep recorded/not-recorded status'.