SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 11-24-2021, 05:30 PM
SageTVaholic

When you have clicked on a media file on the left there are a bunch of actions that you can do. One of those is "Search TV.com". That doesn't work - maybe TV.com died years ago.

There are also options for Watch (Streamed) and Watch (Local File). The streamed seems to require VLC to be playing on the server. Neither of these work for me. I am not sure if they work for others and if this depends on the OS of your server. Personally I think it would be cool if you could stream easily in the web browser without requiring additional software on the server side - the way that you can with Plex through their web UI.

I really like something that you mused about earlier on this thread - which is to merge BMT and the Web UI. Or another way of looking at that is that the media file portion of the web UI would become BMT.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post

There are also options for Watch (Streamed) and Watch (Local File). The streamed seems to require VLC to be playing on the server. Neither of these work for me. I am not sure if they work for others and if this depends on the OS of your server. Personally I think it would be cool if you could stream easily in the web browser without requiring additional software on the server side - the way that you can with Plex through their web UI.
It works (sort of) for me.

Selecting "watch local file" doesn't work, even within my LAN. Clicking on the file name downloads the file and once done, plays it. So this is a slower, but workable option. However, the streaming option seems to work best, but only if I make the right selections on the page:

When I select Watch (Streamed), I get this:
Stream Original Video
(for LAN usage or for low-bandwidth files)

[Play in Web-player]
Play in External Player: [wvx] [m3u] [pls]

Cannot stream transcoded video -- vlc not found

The last line above strikes me as odd, since I have vlc on both client and server. "Play in Web Player" also just sends me to a download site for VLC - again, I already have VLC installed.

However, if I select "Stream Original Video" and pick any of the options offered, I can open it in VLC and it plays fine. In either case, I get an "open with" message on my Windows PC, then select VLC, and it plays quite nicely. On my Android phone, which also has its version of VLC installed, I get a message that the .pls or .m3u file has downloaded (haven't tried wvx), and an option to open it. Again, I open it with VLC and it plays well.

What's interesting, though, is that in some other iterations of my use of Sage, I have had problems with this function. Since I've changed out many things over the years (web interface version, Sage server version, phone and PC operating system version, and probably VLC version too), I don't know if I just hit on a lucky combination. Anyway, it's working now with my current setup. I even tried doing it from outside my network by turning off wifi on my phone so it's not in my LAN, and using the locator-id method of starting the web interface. I haven't had occasion to try it lately when actually away from home (which is when it is most useful), but assume that the testing method I used should be a tolerable simulation.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 11-24-2021, 10:16 PM
SageTVaholic

One of the issues with requiring VLC to stream is that it won't work with the docker version of unRAID as I don't think VLC is included in the docker distribution.
Old 11-25-2021, 06:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Are there any functions that DO NOT WORK in any of the webapps ?
On the Web Interface "Home" screen, if I click on the "Reboot" link for one of my HD300 extenders, it returns:
Failed to send command to MVP:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Reboot attempt of '192.168.1.56' failed!
That said, it appears that it actually does reboot the extender.

Edit: There is also a link to "Power Off" the extender, that does not return an error but also does not power off the extender.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls

Last edited by KeithAbbott; 11-28-2021 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Added info for "Power Off" link
Old 11-25-2021, 07:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If I try to use the stuckless-sagetv-server-java16 docker, most of the Web Interface screens seem to work fine. However, the "Home" screen returns this:
Currently Watching:
On Sage Extender at: Kitchen: [XML] [WebRemote]

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make java.util.regex.Matcher() accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.util.regex" to unnamed module @41cf53f9
java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make java.util.regex.Matcher() accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.util.regex" to unnamed module @41cf53f9
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:357)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:297)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.checkCanSetAccessible(Constructor.java:188)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.setAccessible(Constructor.java:181)
at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor$1.run(CachedConstructor.java:41)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:312)
at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor.(CachedConstructor.java:39)
at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass$2.initValue(CachedClass.java:74)
at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass$2.initValue(CachedClass.java:64)
at org.codehaus.groovy.util.LazyReference.getLocked(LazyReference.java:46)
at org.codehaus.groovy.util.LazyReference.get(LazyReference.java:33)
at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass.getConstructors(CachedClass.java:258)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.(MetaClassImpl.java:187)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.(MetaClassImpl.java:191)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassRegistry$MetaClassCreationHandle.createNormalMetaClass(MetaClassRegistry.java:157)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassRegistry$MetaClassCreationHandle.createWithCustomLookup(MetaClassRegistry.java:147)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassRegistry$MetaClassCreationHandle.create(MetaClassRegistry.java:130)
at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.ClassInfo.getMetaClassUnderLock(ClassInfo.java:175)
at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.ClassInfo.getMetaClass(ClassInfo.java:205)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MetaClassRegistryImpl.getMetaClass(MetaClassRegistryImpl.java:313)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.getMetaClass(InvokerHelper.java:802)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokePojoMethod(InvokerHelper.java:835)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:827)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.DefaultTypeTransformation.castToBoolean(DefaultTypeTransformation.java:168)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.DefaultTypeTransformation.booleanUnbox(DefaultTypeTransformation.java:65)
at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.groovy.api.GlobalHelpers.isMacAddrExtender(GlobalHelpers.groovy:400)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.ExtenderCommandServlet.isExtender(ExtenderCommandServlet.java:16)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.HomeServlet.doServletGet(HomeServlet.java:184)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:104)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:322)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Which is why I have been using the stuckless-sagetv-server-java11 docker, which functions properly.

Last edited by KeithAbbott; 11-25-2021 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-25-2021, 08:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
On the Web Interface "Home" screen, if I click on the "Reboot" link for one of my HD300 extenders, it returns:
Failed to send command to MVP:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Reboot attempt of '192.168.1.56' failed!
That said, it appears that it actually does reboot the extender.
I can confirm this as well - you get this error for both HD200 and HD300 but the reboots do work.

My understanding is that this works a bit differently. Most of the info on the web UIcomes go through the SageTV API. But to reboot the extenders I believe that you have to do telnet scripting. What may have happened is that there were some changes in Java or something that caused the response from that command to throw an error. I believe Slugger took a look at this when he was overseeing the web UI but this was low on the priority list and he never had a chance to get this done.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

On the sage webui, is there a way to get the guide listing? I can get it on the mobile webui (ssgem/m/menu.jsp)

K
Old 11-25-2021, 10:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
On the sage webui, is there a way to get the guide listing? I can get it on the mobile webui (ssgem/m/menu.jsp)

K
Unless I am misunderstanding your question, there are several views of the guide under the "Program Guide" menu item. The EPG Grid View choice is the closest to the Program Guide in SageTV.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Unless I am misunderstanding your question, there are several views of the guide under the "Program Guide" menu item. The EPG Grid View choice is the closest to the Program Guide in SageTV.
Perhaps my install is not working properly...do you mind posting a screen grab or getting to the program guide.

K
Old 11-25-2021, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The SageTV > Restart SageTV menu option returns the following screen, and does not restart SageTV:
[object Object]
Old 11-25-2021, 11:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Perhaps my install is not working properly...do you mind posting a screen grab or getting to the program guide.

K
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EPG Grid View.jpg (207.8 KB, 245 views)
Old 11-25-2021, 02:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the image...i have no menu bar at the top at all so I will need to find what loads that and is failing
K
Old 11-26-2021, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the image...i have no menu bar at the top at all so I will need to find what loads that and is failing
K
I resolved this issue. There was some code changes needed with the move to Java 8 in the groovy based menus. This part is now working.

PS: VERY complex web apps...so this process may take some time for sure! For example, it looks like the menu system is Groovy based and that other plugins can add to the menus...so lots can go wrong and plenty to test.

K
Old 11-26-2021, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, I played around with the Groovy stuff to change the menu. Groovy is the language used for SJQ - Slugger implemented that change and also was the guy behind SJQ (not to mention SRE and SageAlert).

If you have SJQ installed then you may have additional menu items for SJQ - I do.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Making progress on Jetty 9

I have been making good progress on the move to Jetty 9.

I have a working Jetty 9 plugin install which installs good on a clean system. I still need to test an upgrade from Jetty 6 via the plugin and resolve any issues there.

I also need to implement the HTTPS interfaces and work through a few configuration items.

I have a (slightly) modified version of BMT working with J9.

I have a modified version of the WebUI working but much more testing required there.

I have a modified version of the Mobile Web App working but also more testing needed.

I still need to test out the plugins related to the WebUI like SRE, SJQ, SageAlert etc.

I also need to test out sagex calls to ensure that works and/or needs changes.

So much to do but much progress made so far.

K
Attached Images
File Type: png Jetty9_teaser.png (45.4 KB, 211 views)
Old 11-30-2021, 08:02 PM
Sage Icon

Many thanks for diving into this. I'll be heading up to Maine for Xmas with family and will be using the Mobile Web from my browser. It sure would be nice if it is fully working by then so I don't have to jump through hoops to do some of the things I can't do under the present status of the old and new Web Server plugins.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:21 AM
SageTVaholic

what causes this fail…

Using the old, mobile web app (Phoenix Remote) on an Android device, what causes this failure when you attempt to call up tv guide listings?

D543C1F1-E5A1-4850-8AB7-95BF023F58DF.jpeg

DF9C1859-1E73-4706-BD63-D164897B479A.jpeg
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 12-01-2021, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
On the second question, I don't see a plugin. I am guessing that this installed automatically with the SageX API.

The SageX API was written by Stuckless and was last updated on 3/4/2018
@wayner.. re sagex

I am working on getting this working on Jetty 9 - I am close I think.

sagex/api does provide the api docs...so that's good and I tried a few calls that seem to work.

Can you tell me if sagex itself returns any web page...

http://localhost:8080/sagex

Let me know what the results of that are.

Thanks
Ken
Old 12-01-2021, 08:59 PM
SageTVaholic

For that call I get a 404 error:
Code:
HTTP ERROR 404
Problem accessing /sagex/. Reason:

No Sage Handler Specified.