SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 10-21-2021, 04:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Adding this comment here from your other post so I can keep this together....

Code:
Oh, one other thing I'd love to see in the Mobile Web App is something that is in the older remote app. Being able to restart SageTV from the menu. Right now I have to browse to the old app to do that. Sure would be nice to be able to do it from the newer "formatted for my tablet" Mobile Web App.
Can you let me know what this "older remote app" is as they are ALL old...

K
Yeah, I guess at this point they are all "old".

The two I'm referring to:

The "old" one is SageTV Plugin: SageTV Web Interface (accessed by browser at "server"colon"port/sage/Home")

The "new" one is SageTV Plugin: SageTv Mobile Web Interface (accessed by browser at "http://server"colon"port/sagem/m/

Note: had to put the colon character in quotes since colonP shows at a smiley face

I just checked and both of the Mobile Web main menu search functions return an error message, something about a servlet error "arrays can't be resolved", and unable to compile class for JSP PWC6199"
Both of these search functions work fine in the older web interface

Also, same error message in Mobile Web if you try to edit or create a favorite. Same message in the same class.
This also works fine in the older Web Interface

Again, all this happened when I upgraded Java to 1.8 which is what I'm currently running (32bit SageTV)

There may be more that I haven't run into. But the errors I've pointed out all seem to be in that one "class"
Old 10-21-2021, 06:17 AM
SageTVaholic

@WayneD
Agreed - the Mobile Web app was broker by newer Java versions. Have you tried using the non-mobile version? I use it on my phone all the time without issues. It isn't ideal for a smaller screen, but it isn't so bad on modern screens with larger phones - I use an iPhone with the large screen.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:53 AM
SageTVaholic

The nice thing about Stuckless’ Android app was that it was designed for small screen, PROFILE use.

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59248

No squinting or turning the phone sideways to do data entry, find shows, check recordings, etc.

I still think there’s a use for it alongside the Mobile Web interface and Mini Client, which is the most difficult to use on smaller screens. Not because of its operability, which is fine, but because it wasn’t designed for that in the first place.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-21-2021, 09:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
First off - thanks so much for doing this!

Here is what I have and still use that build from the Jetty server.
  1. The SageX API web server. (Base URL localhost:8080/sagex/api)
  2. The SageX web server API documentation. (Base URL localhost:8080/sagex/apidocs)
Do you have any sample calls/scripts for the sagex api i could use to see what may need updating ?

Is there a plugin for the api docs?

K
Old 10-21-2021, 09:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do you have any sample calls/scripts for the sagex api i could use to see what may need updating ?

Is there a plugin for the api docs?

K
On the first question, here is the top of the page that shows some documentation:

Quote:
Sage API - 9.1.7.0

NOTE: If the command arg expects a sage object, such mediafile, ariing, playlist, channel, show, plugin, favorite, series, etc, then you can still pass a reference to sage object, using mediafile:MEDIAFILE_ID, airing:AIRING_ID, playlist:PLAYLIST_NAME, channel:CHANNEL_NUMBER, show:EXTERNAL_ID, series:SERIES_INFO_ID, favorite:FAVORITE_ID, plugin:PLUGIN_ID, playlist:PLAYLIST_NAME, widget:SYMBOL, etc.

Example: /sages/api?c=IsMediaFileObject&1=mediafile:3231112
Url Format: /sagex/api?command=SAGE_COMMAND&1=arg1&2=arg2...&start=#&size=#&context=SAGE_UI_CONTEXT&encoder=xml|json|nielm|image|raw&jsoncallback=functionName&filter=Field1|Field2|Field3|...&raw_content_type=audio/x-mpegurl
command SageTV Command (can also use c= as a short form)
start If the return type is an array, start at this element (0 is the first element)
size If the return type is an array, return this # of elements
context SageTV UI Context (only needed for UI Commands)
encoder Which encoder to use for encoding the results. xml is default.
jsoncallback (json only) The callback function name if you want to return the result as a JSONP string rather than a normal JSON string
filter (json and xml only) A pipe(|) separated list of field names that will be returned. When present ONLY field names matching the list supplied will be returned.
raw_content_type (raw only) Sets the content type reply header to the be value you specify here.
Example /sagex/api?c=GetMediaFiles&start=10&size=20&filter=IsLocalFile|MediaTitle|MediaFileID
Example /sagex/api?c=GetMediaFiles&1=T
Example /sagex/api?c=GetMediaFiles&1=T&encoder=nielm
Example /sagex/api?c=EvaluateExpression&1=Sort(GetMediaFiles("T"),false,"Intelligent")
On the second question, I don't see a plugin. I am guessing that this installed automatically with the SageX API.

The SageX API was written by Stuckless and was last updated on 3/4/2018
Old 10-30-2021, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Making some progress on Jetty 9

This project is going to take some time as I have lots to learn and Jetty 9 is VERY different from Jetty 6...however, I thought I would provide a progress report...
  • I have the build environment setup for JettyStarter and mostly converted to Jetty 9
  • I have a Jetty 9 webserver running within SageTV 9
  • I have BMT working with only minimal changes but not fully tested
  • I have the build environment setup for SageTV Mobile Web App and mostly converted to Jetty 9
  • I have the SageTV Mobile Web App running now under SageTV 9 and Jetty 9...lots of testing yet as I am sure code changes will still be needed for much of the functionality...the web remote works well though!!
  • I have the login/security migrated to Jetty 9 so it forces a login for any of the webapps (this one took a LOT of time to get working)

And LOTS still to do to make this testable by others and validate what may need to change to support the other webapps.

Stay tuned.

K
Old 10-30-2021, 08:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This project is going to take some time as I have lots to learn and Jetty 9 is VERY different from Jetty 6...however, I thought I would provide a progress report...
  • I have the build environment setup for JettyStarter and mostly converted to Jetty 9
  • I have a Jetty 9 webserver running within SageTV 9
  • I have BMT working with only minimal changes but not fully tested
  • I have the build environment setup for SageTV Mobile Web App and mostly converted to Jetty 9
  • I have the SageTV Mobile Web App running now under SageTV 9 and Jetty 9...lots of testing yet as I am sure code changes will still be needed for much of the functionality...the web remote works well though!!
  • I have the login/security migrated to Jetty 9 so it forces a login for any of the webapps (this one took a LOT of time to get working)

And LOTS still to do to make this testable by others and validate what may need to change to support the other webapps.

Stay tuned.

K
Excellent, sounds like you’re making lots of progress
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-30-2021, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Great news! I don't know if this is possible or not, but the login process for the web app is very annoying in that it always asks for a password. Any way this can be changed so that it remember that you are authenticated and you don't have to log in every time? This is especially annoying on my iPhone.
Old 10-30-2021, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Great news! I don't know if this is possible or not, but the login process for the web app is very annoying in that it always asks for a password. Any way this can be changed so that it remember that you are authenticated and you don't have to log in every time? This is especially annoying on my iPhone.
I plan to look into this. It's all new to me so if I can figure this out I will include it.

K
Old 11-22-2021, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Test cases wanted

I am not/was not a huge user of webapps other than BMT...so can some users provide me with some basic test cases for any of the apps they use. I need some currently working cases and some cases for things that should work but now fail. This will help me understand if I am getting to a working and testable plugin.

Keep them simple...do this, click this then that...expected result...etc.

K
Old 11-22-2021, 08:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Do you want examples for the core web UI as well?
Old 11-22-2021, 08:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do you want examples for the core web UI as well?
Yes please. Any of the apps will help me make sure core functions work before getting testers involved

K
Old 11-23-2021, 02:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I am not/was not a huge user of webapps other than BMT...so can some users provide me with some basic test cases for any of the apps they use. I need some currently working cases and some cases for things that should work but now fail. This will help me understand if I am getting to a working and testable plugin.

K
I use the web interface daily. My primary uses are:
1. Manage file conversions. I do this almost daily, converting my recordings to more compact formats as defined in .properties. In so-doing, I trim off any unneeded padding at the start & end of the file. A desired enhancement would be if, instead of noting the duration in seconds to be converted, I could simply enter the desired start- and end-times. So if I have a one-hour recording of which I want to keep the first 30 minutes, I have to enter start: 0; End 1800. It's usually more of a hassle than that, of course: typically I'll want to keep the part from 0:0:09 to 0:59:36 (or something along those lines), and so either do the calculations in my head or use a spreadsheet I keep handy for the purpose.

2. Edit recording properties. I do this occasionally, when I find a file with incorrect metadata, want to add info, or adjust the properties that indicate length and related properties. Usually this works fine. However, if I convert one file into two (or more) sequential parts, I end up with two or more recording files with the same metadata. I want to edit the metadata so that each can be known as [show-episode-part number]. So instead of having two recordings named "Doctor Who Flux," I could rename them "Doctor Who Flux Part one" and "Doctor Who Flux Part Two." What usually happens though, is that if I change one, it changes both. So I can give them different file names, but changing one episode name changes both.

3. I also do a lot of searching recordings and epg schedules, & scheduling from the web interface.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:51 AM
Sage Icon

Web interface.
I sometimes use the Export xml feature, then also the Import XML feature usually for exporting old airing info from 1 sage system and import/create the airing info on another sage system. then I can copy the recording from the old system, change the filename to have the new system airing id in it, do a refresh and the copied file now is a recording (archived) in the new system
Old 11-23-2021, 08:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Web interface uses:

Searching the guide for shows/keywords.
  • Checking to see what clients are currently connected and whether they are playing anything.
  • Managing conflicts.
  • Managing favorites.
  • Deleting recordings by going into recordings and clicking the button and then selecting delete.
  • Using the web remote.
  • Seeing what's on using the program guide grid view or channel view.
  • Setting up timed recordings.

What I would love to be able to do:
  • Manage channels - it would be great to be able to select a large block of channels and activate or deactivate. Currently there is no ability to do any Source management in the web UI. Like use shift click to select multiple rows.
  • Similar to above, ability to mass select a whole range of shows to delete.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:43 AM
Sage Icon

Web interface uses:

Daily usage
Home page: great summary page, particularly like the ability to give devices listed under currently watching "friendly" names.
Upcoming Recordings page: use that to see upcoming recordings over the next few days/weeks.

Periodic usage

Favorites Manager page: view and maintain favorites, gives a more comprehensive view than what is contained in SageTV itself.
Media Library pages: use whenever I need to search on imported media, can be easier than trying to search in SageTV itself.

Wish list
Some method to quantify usage by channel. This would help to determine which channels are most frequently used/recorded, and which channels are not used or rarely used.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 11-23-2021, 10:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Wish list
Some method to quantify usage by channel. This would help to determine which channels are most frequently used/recorded, and which channels are not used or rarely used.
Great suggestion!
Old 11-23-2021, 10:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Web interface.
I sometimes use the Export xml feature, then also the Import XML feature usually for exporting old airing info from 1 sage system and import/create the airing info on another sage system. then I can copy the recording from the old system, change the filename to have the new system airing id in it, do a refresh and the copied file now is a recording (archived) in the new system
Interesting - last time I tried that, I couldn't import the XMLs I'd created in the main Sage interface (they weren't recognized). Maybe I should do both the export & import from the web interface. It would certainly be useful.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

I forgot to mention another use:

On the main page is a link to "auto-delete recordings." I NEVER want anything to auto-delete, but after I run conversions (and some other occasions I've had difficulty pinning down), shows end up so designated. Going to the list, I can quickly clear the auto-delete flag. (It is also helpful in identifying the occasional show that gets its metadata messed up, since that tends to show up as an auto-delete: if the show name is not one I recognize as something I record, I can then proceed to fix the metadata.
Old 11-24-2021, 04:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

K
Thanks for the info posted so far...it will help...

Are there any functions that DO NOT WORK in any of the webapps ? I thought there were but none reported specifically here yet...let me know so I can check them out.

K