SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 11-23-2021, 06:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

I signed on to OpenWeather and got a key, placed it in a txt file per post 1, installed the Google Weather plugin and went to Advanced and changed to the XML file noted above, then went to the Online tab and configured the weather item for Seattle.

The config screen tells me it can't find Seattle and to 'search for a new location'.

Checked and found the proper key in GWeatherLocations.properties.

So, I'm stumped.
Network: gB Lan
Playback: FireStick 4K miniclient
Tech Level: Hobbyist
Old 11-23-2021, 09:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb4 View Post
I signed on to OpenWeather and got a key, placed it in a txt file per post 1, installed the Google Weather plugin and went to Advanced and changed to the XML file noted above, then went to the Online tab and configured the weather item for Seattle.

The config screen tells me it can't find Seattle and to 'search for a new location'.

So, I'm stumped.
Can you provide the SageTV log and any gweather log from the logs folder.

K
Old 11-23-2021, 11:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Here's the sagetv_0.txt file; I started Sage, went to Onlline, then weather and got config screen. Completed configuration, selected 'Continue' and came back to the the config screen with the configuration items gone so I backed out, stopped Sage and Sage service.

If I had to guess, it wasn't able to store the config info.

I couldn't find a logs folder in C:/SageTV/SageTV; don't know where else to look.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (90.5 KB, 64 views)
Old 11-24-2021, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here's the sagetv_0.txt file; I started Sage, went to Onlline, then weather and got config screen. Completed configuration, selected 'Continue' and came back to the the config screen with the configuration items gone so I backed out, stopped Sage and Sage service.

If I had to guess, it wasn't able to store the config info.

I couldn't find a logs folder in C:/SageTV/SageTV; don't know where else to look.
It looks like many of the plugins are in a failed state. Can you check the installed plugin list for any marked failed.

K
Old 11-24-2021, 10:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

None are reporting failed. This is a brand new W10, latest Sage 9 install. The only plugins I installed were Commercial Detector and Google Weather (plus their dependencies). I replaced the install Wiz.bin with the one just before the previous server failed.

Installed Plugins:
Commercial Detector
commons-io
commons-lang
comskip
Google Weather
gson library
hamcrest-core
SageTV7 - UI
sagex-api
Weather Icon Files
Old 11-24-2021, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
None are reporting failed. This is a brand new W10, latest Sage 9 install. The only plugins I installed were Commercial Detector and Google Weather (plus their dependencies). I replaced the install Wiz.bin with the one just before the previous server failed.

Installed Plugins:
Commercial Detector
commons-io
commons-lang
comskip
Google Weather
gson library
hamcrest-core
SageTV7 - UI
sagex-api
Weather Icon Files
If this is latest Sagetv install then you do not need the Sagetv7 full UI STV. The included default STV will work. Can you go into setup, detailed setup, and I think in advanced is an option the reset to default STV and let me know the results
K
Old 11-24-2021, 04:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
If this is latest Sagetv install then you do not need the Sagetv7 full UI STV. The included default STV will work. Can you go into setup, detailed setup, and I think in advanced is an option the reset to default STV and let me know the results
K
It now looks like it will keep the settings. When I select Continue it returns to the config screen. If I back out and select Onlline>Weather I get the config screen again but with the parameters I set up previously still active.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It now looks like it will keep the settings. When I select Continue it returns to the config screen. If I back out and select Onlline>Weather I get the config screen again but with the parameters I set up previously still active.
So the weather is working?
Old 11-24-2021, 10:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

No, unfortunately; I can't get out of the config screen by selecting 'continue' so I have to hit the left arrow to back out, and then when I select Weather again I get the config screen again with the city and country filled in. If I close Sage and open it up again and select Weather, I get the config screen and the city and country are gone.

Last edited by hb4; 11-24-2021 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-25-2021, 07:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No, unfortunately; I can't get out of the config screen by selecting 'continue' so I have to hit the left arrow to back out, and then when I select Weather again I get the config screen again with the city and country filled in. If I close Sage and open it up again and select Weather, I get the config screen and the city and country are gone.
Did u switch back to the default STV?

K
Old 11-25-2021, 10:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Did u switch back to the default STV?

K
I don't see an option for 'default' under "Detailed Setup>Advanced>Set Full UI Package (STV or .XML file)". It's asking me to pick a file from the SageTV/SageTV/STVs directory. All I see is SageTV7.xml and SageTV7.opt.stv and SecureLogin.xml.

Is the default STV somewhere else?

Last edited by hb4; 11-25-2021 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't see an option for 'default' under "Detailed Setup>Advanced>Set Full UI Package (STV or .XML file)". It's asking me to pick a file from the SageTV/SageTV/STVs directory. All I see is SageTV7.xml and SageTV7.opt.stv and SecureLogin.xml.

Is the default STV somewhere else?
Then just select SageTV7.xml as that is the default STV. Let me know if the weather works after that.

K
Old 11-25-2021, 03:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Then just select SageTV7.xml as that is the default STV. Let me know if the weather works after that.

K
That's the one that's shown as current. I selected and configured it again, but no joy.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's the one that's shown as current. I selected and configured it again, but no joy.
Ok. I will setup a test system and try to replicate.

K
Old 11-26-2021, 10:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

So, I'm stumped.
I created a new Win10 VM, installed SageTV 9.2.6(64) and was able to follow the process and get Seattle setup in the weather config.

Can you review the pics below and see if you were missing a step or see any issue...

Let me know what you find.

K
Attached Images
File Type: png weatherconfig1.png (360.8 KB, 345 views)
File Type: png weatherconfig2.png (163.8 KB, 338 views)
File Type: png weatherconfig3.png (376.1 KB, 345 views)
File Type: png weatherconfig4.png (346.4 KB, 330 views)
Old 11-27-2021, 10:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I created a new Win10 VM, installed SageTV 9.2.6(64) and was able to follow the process and get Seattle setup in the weather config.

Can you review the pics below and see if you were missing a step or see any issue...

K
Wait! What! You actually need to do the search part?

I was entering the search string and thought that was enough to make it work! Thank you for being so explicit - and patient; it's now working perfectly - and it's great! Embarrassed that I missed it.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Doing lots of Sage updates today! I am running a custom Gemstone flow. I have updated the Gemstone Plugin. I signed up and got the OWM key. I placed the file in the directory as directed. My weather page says "Not configured." Where do I configure it? Do I have to switch back out to the "stock" Sage UI? Sorry if I am being dumb.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Should be able to do it from Gemstone. From the SageTV home menu press Options and Weather Options should be one of the items.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Should be able to do it from Gemstone. From the SageTV home menu press Options and Weather Options should be one of the items.
Brilliant! I knew it was there somewhere. I am fully up and running. Thanks for all the answers today guys.
Old 10-12-2022, 03:59 PM
Sage User

I decided to update from my Java 8 docker built by Stuckless partly to get weather working again. I have the latest Java 8 Docker running SageTV 9.2.8.1. I got the weather key online, added the owmkey.properties file with the key, did a search on my zip code and the search returned Greenwood Indiana which is correct. i picked this location and hit continue and i was taken to the weather screen for Greenwood but no data is filled in. I tried with the UI file built in and with the Full UI plugin. I'm sending a screenshot of my weather page, the GWeather properties file and the sage log. Hoping someone can advise what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SageTV Weather Screenshot.jpg (108.4 KB, 26 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip GWeatherLocations.zip (403 Bytes, 22 views)
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (141.8 KB, 17 views)