SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:10 PM
Sage User

Lockup issue appears to be solved! Thanks for the super quick fix!

Server: Win10Pro, GigaByte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H, AMD 64 x2 5600, 4GB Dual Channel RAM, 1-DCT-3416 / 2-DCX3400 via FireWire & Unisheen BM3000-HDMI Encoder, NMedia 200SA Case, Crystalfontz 632, USBUIRT, Client & Placeshifter license, 2x HD300 extenders, 2x HD200 extenders.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:14 PM
Sage User

Sage acts like 1 tuner but two

Thank you jusjoken for updating weather. Started contributing to your Patreon to thank you.

Question to the group. Not sure if its related to these changes or something else caused it.

I have 6 tuners. Two are HDPVRs hooked up to dish boxes. Four are HDHomeRun OTA tuners.

All the sudden it acts like there is only one HDPVR-Dish tuner and not two. two show up in all interfaces but when you go to tune a second channel it pops up the message that the tuner is busy even though only one is in use and one is free. I don't see the same behavior with the HDHR-OTA tuners. all 4 show up and function as they should.

I have updated other minor things around the same time but they were very minor things.

Any ideas from anyone in the community? Thank you,

*** Update = Solved. One of the HD-PVRs had its channel lineup change from Dish to Antenna OTA. I didn't make any changes to the sources at all. Didn't touch them but it changed somehow. Not sure what caused it to change. Just noting this in case someone else see's something similar. I wouldn't expect the gemstone upgrades to cause this but you never know so putting it out there in case others have any odd issues.
Other: Homeseer HS3 w/plugins (Zwave, JowiHue, Ecobee, MeiHarmonyHub), Shairport4w,

Last edited by laberet; 08-26-2021 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Solved Issue
Old 08-25-2021, 08:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for adding this!
Do you think you could share the property keys this plugin is looking for for location?
I am assuming this is looking in the GWeather.properties file but I can not figure out the strings it is looking for to choose location or other settings.
I am on a firetv device so the dialog will not let me hit enter even after entering input for the location so I will have to manually edit the properties file to enter it.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gexi View Post
Thanks for adding this!
Do you think you could share the property keys this plugin is looking for for location?
I am assuming this is looking in the GWeather.properties file but I can not figure out the strings it is looking for to choose location or other settings.
I am on a firetv device so the dialog will not let me hit enter even after entering input for the location so I will have to manually edit the properties file to enter it.
Tomorrow I can provide an explanation of the properties. You can send me your location by PM if u want and I can add it myself and send you the properties entry

K
Old 08-25-2021, 09:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by laberet View Post
Thank you jusjoken for updating weather. Started contributing to your Patreon to thank you.

Question to the group. Not sure if its related to these changes or something else caused it.

I have 6 tuners. Two are HDPVRs hooked up to dish boxes. Four are HDHomeRun OTA tuners.

All the sudden it acts like there is only one HDPVR-Dish tuner and not two. two show up in all interfaces but when you go to tune a second channel it pops up the message that the tuner is busy even though only one is in use and one is free. I don't see the same behavior with the HDHR-OTA tuners. all 4 show up and function as they should.

I have updated other minor things around the same time but they were very minor things.

Any ideas from anyone in the community? Thank you,
I have almost the exact same setup except that I am on unRAID - 2xHD-PVRs connected to cable boxes and two dual HDHRs. Have you tried rebooting? Are you sure the power supplies for the HD-PVRs are good. Those things are notorious for fading out and not supplying enough power. I have had to replace mine multiple times through the years.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:25 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I have almost the exact same setup except that I am on unRAID - 2xHD-PVRs connected to cable boxes and two dual HDHRs. Have you tried rebooting? Are you sure the power supplies for the HD-PVRs are good. Those things are notorious for fading out and not supplying enough power. I have had to replace mine multiple times through the years.
I have the HD-PVRs hard wired to the computer PSU. I Lost 2 or 3 of the hauppague power supplies and 1 or 2 HD-PVRs. Have had very little issues since I changed. I don't really get lockups on them anymore either.

It's as if one of them has been marked "missing" even though its there and appears in all interfaces as present and working. I tried adjusting merits and that didn't seem to affect anything. The gemstone upgrades were the only big change I made. May have nothing to do with gemstone upgrade but figured I would start here for ideas on things to look at to figure out why all the sudden one of the HD-PVR tuners is unviable even though it shows two everywhere.

Attaching sagetv_0.txt log in case it gives anyone some clues. Any ideas from the community on what to look at would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (648.4 KB, 117 views)
Other: Homeseer HS3 w/plugins (Zwave, JowiHue, Ecobee, MeiHarmonyHub), Shairport4w,
Old 08-26-2021, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

You are probably aware of this, but Gemstone should have nothing to do with the tuners. It is possible that the HD-PVR is just dying.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Status update

I think I have the client filter issue resolved and even tested on the android mini client, pc client and placeshifter. A little more validation in the morning and if all goes well I will post the updates.

K
Old 08-28-2021, 10:01 AM
SageTVaholic

New release 4.0606(1.0606) and GWeather 3.03

I have published updates the fix (hopefully) the filter issue with Gemstone and improved logging if we have future issues.

Let me know how things go as I have limited testing time/resources.

K
Old 08-28-2021, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

So far, so good. Tried on my backup (Windows 32 bit) server with a Placeshifter client.

Next step is to try on the main system on unRAID - when I get a maintenance window from my daughter.

Thanks for your work Ken!
Old 08-28-2021, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Works great, thank you!
Old 08-28-2021, 01:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Something weird - I have yet to upgrade Gemstone on my main server which is running unRAID. It has Gemstone 4.0603.2 from last weekend. But filtering is working fine now. I swear to God that it wasn't working a few days ago. How could this have resolved itself without me upgrading to the newest version?
Old 08-28-2021, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Something weird - I have yet to upgrade Gemstone on my main server which is running unRAID. It has Gemstone 4.0603.2 from last weekend. But filtering is working fine now. I swear to God that it wasn't working a few days ago. How could this have resolved itself without me upgrading to the newest version?
The filtering issue was multifaceted but for a pkaceshifter type client including the HD's it would have worked for a flow entirely built on the client or entirely on the server. If you changed any setting over time on the client it can get into a bad state and then the filters won't work.

This version keeps ALL the flow settings where the flow was created. A client uses the servers flows and any changes on server or client for those server flows will reflect on the server and all clients. A flow created on a client will keep all its settings on the client.

A new feature that was added is on any client you can HIDE any of the server flows if you don't want to see it on that client.

Hope that helps...but I recommend staying on the latest.

K
Old 08-29-2021, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Ken - upgraded on my main unRAID server this morning, and all looks good.

Are some of the weather backgrounds new? I don't remember seeing them before. But maybe it is just a case of OpenWeather using different current conditions than the previous services so it may be using one of the 48 different weather background sets that I have not seen before. For example, right now I am seeing background set 34 - fair_mostly_sunny. I don't remember seeing these photos before.

How do you change the time for how long each weather background stays onscreen before cylying to the next? I seem to be on about 3 seconds right now and I wouldn't mind a bit longer.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Ken - upgraded on my main unRAID server this morning, and all looks good.

Are some of the weather backgrounds new? I don't remember seeing them before. But maybe it is just a case of OpenWeather using different current conditions than the previous services so it may be using one of the 48 different weather background sets that I have not seen before. For example, right now I am seeing background set 34 - fair_mostly_sunny. I don't remember seeing these photos before.

How do you change the time for how long each weather background stays onscreen before cylying to the next? I seem to be on about 3 seconds right now and I wouldn't mind a bit longer.
Weather options...then customize...u can turn background on and off and change duration

And yes...each provider handles conditions differently and so I have a internal table to match the condition to a code number so it may be different and if u see any that seem wrong let me know and I can make an update

K
Old 08-29-2021, 09:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Weather options...then customize...u can turn background on and off and change duration

And yes...each provider handles conditions differently and so I have a internal table to match the condition to a code number so it may be different and if u see any that seem wrong let me know and I can make an update

K
So far nothing looks wrong, I actually like the new photo sets. Hopefully I don't see some of them for many months - like all of the ones with snow!

How easy would it be to have other background types? I remember a discussion about backgrounds that change by month - Christmas themes for December, Halloween for October, Valentines for February, etc. My Roku TVs have themes like this that occasionally change for the season.
Old 08-29-2021, 10:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So far nothing looks wrong, I actually like the new photo sets. Hopefully I don't see some of them for many months - like all of the ones with snow!

How easy would it be to have other background types? I remember a discussion about backgrounds that change by month - Christmas themes for December, Halloween for October, Valentines for February, etc. My Roku TVs have themes like this that occasionally change for the season.
Perhaps start a Sagetv/gemstone wishlist thread and I can work on things as I find time. The actual coding for a changing image based on season, month etc is not hard...its a matter of gathering and packaging image sets to go with them..,JOrton was the master of the images but the coding part would not be bad if someone finds theme image packs that are not copyright
Old 08-30-2021, 05:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Filters are working again with the latest update.

Thank You.

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 11-23-2021, 01:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
After the install you will need to go to detailed setup, advanced, and Set Full UI package and select the SageTV7_FullUIPackage STV.

I found 'SageTV7_FullUIPlugin.xml'. Is that it?
Network: gB Lan
Playback: FireStick 4K miniclient
Tech Level: Hobbyist
Old 11-23-2021, 04:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb4 View Post
I found 'SageTV7_FullUIPlugin.xml'. Is that it?
Yes