SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 08-21-2021, 02:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Here you go - gemstone and gWeather logs are pretty much empty but the phoenix log has issues like this:
Code:
2021-08-21 11:09:22,072 [SageTV] ERROR sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataParser - Failed to Create a Group from Class: sagex.phoenix.weather2.WeatherConfiguration
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sagex.phoenix.weather2.WeatherConfiguration
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
	at sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataParser.startElement(XmlMetadataParser.java:66)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:509)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(AbstractXMLDocumentParser.java:182)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1339)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2784)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:602)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:505)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:841)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:770)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:643)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:327)
	at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:195)
	at sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataParser.parseMetadata(XmlMetadataParser.java:39)
	at sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataParser.parse(XmlMetadataParser.java:46)
	at sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataProvider.load(XmlMetadataProvider.java:28)
	at sagex.phoenix.configuration.ConfigurationMetadataManager.visitConfigurationFile(ConfigurationMetadataManager.java:101)
	at sagex.phoenix.common.SystemConfigurationFileManager.visitFiles(SystemConfigurationFileManager.java:107)
	at sagex.phoenix.common.SystemConfigurationFileManager.accept(SystemConfigurationFileManager.java:80)
	at sagex.phoenix.configuration.ConfigurationMetadataManager.loadConfigurations(ConfigurationMetadataManager.java:115)
	at sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.init(Phoenix.java:173)
	at sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.<clinit>(Phoenix.java:97)
	at Gemstone.util.GetSageTVRootDir(util.java:1044)
	at Gemstone.util.UserDataLocation(util.java:1014)
	at Gemstone.util.InitLocations(util.java:1413)
	at Gemstone.api.Load(api.java:64)
	at Gemstone.GemstonePlugin.start(GemstonePlugin.java:90)
	at sage.plugin.CorePluginManager.startAllPlugins(CorePluginManager.java:2534)
	at sage.SageTV.run(SageTV.java:603)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (15.8 KB, 103 views)
Old 08-21-2021, 05:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK, so I typed a bit too soon. I too am having issues with Gemstone Flows after getting the new weather update/install working.

Bring it to this post.

I have a flow for unwatched movies. the watched (or unwatched) status is no longer being honored. The flow is suppose to *exclude watched* but is not doing that any more it just shows everything watched and unwatched.

attached are Sage_txt and other logs from the client machine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_1.zip (555.5 KB, 94 views)
File Type: zip logs.zip (2.6 KB, 99 views)

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 08-21-2021, 06:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

My weather seems to be working but for some reason I am unable to turn on the "forecast" widget. I'm not sure it's suppose to work anymore so I thought I'd post here to see.

I do have the widget and I can turn it on but If I select any of the "show forecast" options they won't turn on.

I can confirm that if I go to the online menu I can select the weather option and see the forecast there. If that's the "working as designed" functionality then that's great too.

Thank you for all you hard work on making this work for us.
Old 08-21-2021, 06:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
My weather seems to be working but for some reason I am unable to turn on the "forecast" widget. I'm not sure it's suppose to work anymore so I thought I'd post here to see.

I do have the widget and I can turn it on but If I select any of the "show forecast" options they won't turn on.

I can confirm that if I go to the online menu I can select the weather option and see the forecast there. If that's the "working as designed" functionality then that's great too.

Thank you for all you hard work on making this work for us.
The forecast widget should be working an did in my tests but obviously by all these posts there is an issue I need to track down.

Hopefully I will have time tomorrow morning to dig into this.

Thanks
K
Old 08-21-2021, 07:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Here you go - gemstone and gWeather logs are pretty much empty but the phoenix log has issues like this:
Code:
2021-08-21 11:09:22,072 [SageTV] ERROR sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataParser - Failed to Create a Group from Class: sagex.phoenix.weather2.WeatherConfiguration
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sagex.phoenix.weather2.WeatherConfiguration
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
	at sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataParser.startElement(XmlMetadataParser.java:66)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:509)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(AbstractXMLDocumentParser.java:182)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1339)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2784)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:602)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:505)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:841)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:770)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:643)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:327)
	at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:195)
	at sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataParser.parseMetadata(XmlMetadataParser.java:39)
	at sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataParser.parse(XmlMetadataParser.java:46)
	at sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataProvider.load(XmlMetadataProvider.java:28)
	at sagex.phoenix.configuration.ConfigurationMetadataManager.visitConfigurationFile(ConfigurationMetadataManager.java:101)
	at sagex.phoenix.common.SystemConfigurationFileManager.visitFiles(SystemConfigurationFileManager.java:107)
	at sagex.phoenix.common.SystemConfigurationFileManager.accept(SystemConfigurationFileManager.java:80)
	at sagex.phoenix.configuration.ConfigurationMetadataManager.loadConfigurations(ConfigurationMetadataManager.java:115)
	at sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.init(Phoenix.java:173)
	at sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.<clinit>(Phoenix.java:97)
	at Gemstone.util.GetSageTVRootDir(util.java:1044)
	at Gemstone.util.UserDataLocation(util.java:1014)
	at Gemstone.util.InitLocations(util.java:1413)
	at Gemstone.api.Load(api.java:64)
	at Gemstone.GemstonePlugin.start(GemstonePlugin.java:90)
	at sage.plugin.CorePluginManager.startAllPlugins(CorePluginManager.java:2534)
	at sage.SageTV.run(SageTV.java:603)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745
I think that error is expected until wee release a new phoenix version that removes the old weather calls. Gemstone no longer uses the weather from phoenix but phoenix does on load try to initiate the old weather which will fail.

Can you provide any details on a specific flow that is not working so I can try to replicate it.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:48 PM
SageTVaholic

I have found an issue that is causing the forecast issue and large log files which is also keeping the system too busy. I will work through it in the morning and try to release something tomorrow to hopefully fix it (this issue was in all the releases I did that included the new weather in Gemstone and does not affect the default UI). This will affect anyone using the forecast in the widgets but may affect other areas as well which I will dig into tomorrow.

I cannot imagine this can affect the Flow filtering mentioned by a few users so I need more detail to find those.

K
Old 08-21-2021, 10:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Can you provide any details on a specific flow that is not working so I can try to replicate it.
I think it is possible that the flow filtering issue may be something that is OS dependent and only affects unRAID. I just upgraded the Gemstone plugin on my backup server, which is on Windows, and I don't have the filtering issue on Windows. On my Windows SageTV server everything appears to work fine.

The thing that doesn't work on unRAID is filtering by stuff like genre or folder. Take one of your views and try to filter it with a genre so that only a subset of your shows will appear.

FYI, here are the specs of my two systems
Backup system - Windows
SageTV V9.2.2.903(32-bit)
Java Version 1.8.0_121
OS Windows 10 10.0
STV File Gemstone.xml (version 1.0603, Name: Gemstone)

Main system - unRAID
SageTV V9.2.2.268(64-bit)
Java 1.8.0_111
OS Linux 4.14.16-unRAID
STV File Gemstone.xml (version 1.0603, Name: Gemstone)
Old 08-22-2021, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Gemstone 4.0604 (1.0604) released with fixes

I believe I fixed the issue that was related to forecast widgets as I was calling some old phoenix weather functions to determine how many forecast days to show and that was of course failing.

It would be best for all Gemstone users to update to this version regardless if you use the weather forecast widget. Please update and report any issues.

Flow filters: I cannot recreate the issue but only have a windows test VM right now. Before I build out an unraid test solution for this could those of you that are seeing Flow Filter issues please update to this version, recreate the issue, and then send me the sagetv and gemstone logs. You may need to shutdown sagetv to have it fully write out the gemstone log (not sure why but I had this issue) or just wait long enough if that log seems mostly empty.

Hopefully with the added filter logging I will be able to see why this occurs on unraid and not on windows. There is specific folder filter handling for linux/windows so that may explain the folder filters but not likely the genre or watched filter issues.

Thanks for you patience as we do this LIVE testing.

K
Old 08-22-2021, 07:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am using SageTV 64 bit in Windows 10. The flow filters are working fine on the server but not on the HD300 clients.

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 08-22-2021, 08:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman View Post
I am using SageTV 64 bit in Windows 10. The flow filters are working fine on the server but not on the HD300 clients.
Interesting and hard for me to replicate as I do not have any HDxxx to test with. Some Q's...

- have you tried a windows client or just the servers UI on windows?
- which flow filters are you using?
- it would help if you went into the gemstone options menu, select utility, then log options and set the log option to DEBUG. Best to restart the server after this change if possible.
- can you provide the gemstone logs from the server after updating to the new version and recreating the filter issue on both the server (passed) and on the HD300 (fail)...then send me the logs and perhaps I can find the issue.

Thanks for the help
K
Old 08-22-2021, 08:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
interesting. I did not try using my Windows server from a client. I will try that with both HDx extender and placeshifter.
Old 08-22-2021, 08:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I can replicate this. The flow filters work fine on my Windows server but not when I use an HD300 or Placeshifter as clients. This is under 4.0603.2

Upgrading to 4.0604 now
Old 08-22-2021, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Flow filters: I cannot recreate the issue but only have a windows test VM right now. Before I build out an unraid test solution for this could those of you that are seeing Flow Filter issues please update to this version, recreate the issue, and then send me the sagetv and gemstone logs. You may need to shutdown sagetv to have it fully write out the gemstone log (not sure why but I had this issue) or just wait long enough if that log seems mostly empty.

Hopefully with the added filter logging I will be able to see why this occurs on unraid and not on windows. There is specific folder filter handling for linux/windows so that may explain the folder filters but not likely the genre or watched filter issues.

Thanks for you patience as we do this LIVE testing.

K
@Ken - this issue seems to be occuring in Placeshifter as well as hardware extenders. Maybe the best way for you to test this is to use Placeshifter as a client.
Old 08-22-2021, 09:41 AM
SageTVaholic

I upgraded my Windows backup server to 4.0604, replicated the flows issue and then shut down the service. Here are the logs - the gemstone log is still empty.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (129.1 KB, 97 views)
File Type: zip logs.zip (5.7 KB, 91 views)
Old 08-22-2021, 10:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
@Ken - this issue seems to be occuring in Placeshifter as well as hardware extenders. Maybe the best way for you to test this is to use Placeshifter as a client.
Great info...i will check this out later today. Are the weather issues corrected such as widget forecasts?

K
Old 08-22-2021, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Yes it looks good - I don't typically use those widgets but I turned them on and they appear to be working from my limited experience. The forecast calls for Sun and Palm Trees which is a bit surprising for Toronto but I guess that is what you get when it is 31 degrees.
Old 08-22-2021, 10:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Interesting and hard for me to replicate as I do not have any HDxxx to test with. Some Q's...

- have you tried a windows client or just the servers UI on windows?
- which flow filters are you using?
- it would help if you went into the gemstone options menu, select utility, then log options and set the log option to DEBUG. Best to restart the server after this change if possible.
- can you provide the gemstone logs from the server after updating to the new version and recreating the filter issue on both the server (passed) and on the HD300 (fail)...then send me the logs and perhaps I can find the issue.

Thanks for the help
K
So far only tested on the Server UI, I run it in service mode. I am on version 9.2.1, I did an upgrade to version 9.2.5 and the filters no longer worked on the server. I rolled it back to 9.2.1 and they work on the server. No change on the extenders. (All this is with 4.0604 version)

I am using the Simplified Flow TV with Genre Filters (Children, Animals)

I cannot get the DEBUG setting to stick, it goes back to INFO when I come back to it, even after restart. I will play around with this to get the logs.

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 08-22-2021, 10:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am all Windows. I don't really watch anything on the server and the the flow is only setup on the client,so the attached files are from the Windows 10 client, SageTV, and Gemstone.

I don't use extenders, placeshifter, or mini-client.

Debug is turned on and Gemstone has been updated to latest version (client only).

The flow is a Wall Flow with filtering to remove watched movies (Watched-Excluded).
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs_debug_082221.zip (4.4 KB, 87 views)
File Type: zip sagetv_debug_082221.zip (502.0 KB, 97 views)

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 08-22-2021, 02:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So far only tested on the Server UI, I run it in service mode. I am on version 9.2.1, I did an upgrade to version 9.2.5 and the filters no longer worked on the server. I rolled it back to 9.2.1 and they work on the server. No change on the extenders. (All this is with 4.0604 version)

I am using the Simplified Flow TV with Genre Filters (Children, Animals)

I cannot get the DEBUG setting to stick, it goes back to INFO when I come back to it, even after restart. I will play around with this to get the logs.
To clarify...

Gemstone 4.0604 with SageTV 9.2.5 - filter do not work
Gemstone 4.0604 with SageTV 9.2.1 - filter work

Is that correct ?

K
Old 08-22-2021, 02:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Not having much luck with the filters

I have tested on the serverUI and the placeshifter.

ServerUI...filters always seem to work.

Placeshifter - mixed bag. Failed on 4.0604, worked on 4.0501, restored 4.0604 and it worked this time. Makes no sense.

Those with filter issues... have you tried removing the filter, run the flow, and then add back the filter (not a good solution just trying to narrow this down).

I found 1 change between 4.0501 and 4.06xx that changes the folder path separator dependent on the OS...but that would only affect Folder Filters so I am hesitant to roll that back.

K