SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 09-18-2020, 05:29 PM
Sage Expert

Schedules Direct: Lineup no longer exists on the EPG server

Just received this warning message in SageTV. It's listed 6 times in the System Messages:

Quote:
The lineup "Shaw Direct (National) - Satellite - Canada (West) (sdepg)" no longer exists on the EPG server. Updates to this lineup will no longer occur
Anyone else get this today from Schedules Direct?
Old 09-18-2020, 07:14 PM
Sage Expert

I heard back from Schedules Direct (they really are quick). It looks like Shaw Direct is consolidating lineups in Canada. It looks like they just have two lineups now:

Quote:
{
"type": "SATELLITE",
"device": "X",
"lineupId": "CAN-0009999-X",
"name": "Shaw Direct - Satellite",
"location": "Canada (West)",
}, {
"type": "SATELLITE",
"device": "X",
"lineupId": "CAN-0005995-X",
"name": "Shaw Direct - Satellite",
"location": "Canada (East)",
}
I tried to add one of these new lineups in SageTV, but they don't show up at all.

Is there something I need to do to tell SageTV to download a new list of lineups available?

Last edited by peternm22; 09-18-2020 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:18 PM
Sage Expert

I tried changing my postal code to see if that would refresh things (I tried V5H 3Z7 which is in a different city). Since it's a national satellite service, I figured it didn't really matter which postal code I used since the lineup wouldn't vary by city.

The new lineups still aren't showing up though.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Just find the ‘National’ line-up. That’s the one I’m using. Worked today. Are you looking forward at all?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 09-18-2020, 08:21 PM
Sage Expert

Where do I find it? If you look at the screen shot I posted, it's not listed at all.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
Where do I find it? If you look at the screen shot I posted, it's not listed at all.
Okay, this is very strange. What WAS the NATIONAL lineup, entered with my Colossus tuner, is now showing up as 'Deleted Lineup - Can-0005983-X'

Can any other Canadian, Shaw, Sage users look this lineup up. Stuckless, you still a Shaw guy?

I still have two weeks of listings, however, if I try and add a new lineup, preferably Shaw Direct Satellite National East lineup, it's not there.

The only one's there are Classic East, and Classic West.
But Shaw wanted those phased out and dead this month I thought.

But I do see a 'Classic West' lineup. The postal I used was an Ontario one

I swear, National has been up and running with Schedules Direct since the start of the year at least.

Even weirder - in my Hauppauge Colossus Capture source screen, the lineup is STILL listed as 'Shaw Direct (National) - Satellite - Canada (East) (sdepg)

Something odd is afoot. Try adding Classic East or West and see if the channel map agrees with your receiver's. Maybe they've just been renamed.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 09-18-2020 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:16 PM
Sage Expert

Yep, I'm seeing the exact same thing.

I also had the national lineup working before today as well. I think Shaw Direct is getting rid of the old Classic Lineup, so they seem to be renaming the National Lineup to simply "Shaw Direct - Satellite".

I'm guessing there is something wrong with the postal code mapping that Schedules Direct uses for looking up available lineups. I've emailed them back about it, so we'll see what they say.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:50 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Try adding Classic East or West and see if the channel map agrees with your receiver's. Maybe they've just been renamed.
Yep, looks like that was the case. I tried adding the Classic West lineup, and the channel lineup sure looks like the National Lineup to me. I think they might just be named incorrectly.

The EPG seems to be loading properly now.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yep, I'm seeing the exact same thing.

I also had the national lineup working before today as well. I think Shaw Direct is getting rid of the old Classic Lineup, so they seem to be renaming the National Lineup to simply "Shaw Direct - Satellite".

I'm guessing there is something wrong with the postal code mapping that Schedules Direct uses for looking up available lineups. I've emailed them back about it, so we'll see what they say.
Brilliant. The fact that the West lineup is now there tells me things are moving. Schedules Direct are pretty responsive fixing stuff if it breaks. Shaw Direct? I have far less faith in.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:56 AM
Sage User

I too am having issues with the shaw direct epg. I have the lineup missing error. When I try to add a new line up i don't have any choices available for my area code? I am trying to change this by clicking on the EPG source line in the source set up. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Old 09-20-2020, 12:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
I too am having issues with the shaw direct epg. I have the lineup missing error. When I try to add a new line up i don't have any choices available for my area code? I am trying to change this by clicking on the EPG source line in the source set up. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Are you using all caps with no spaces for your Postal Code?
Old 09-20-2020, 12:09 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbageman View Post

Thanks
It sounds like you are in the correct place. Have you tried a different postal code? Since the Shaw Direct lineups are the same all over the country, it really shouldn't matter which postal code you choose as long as it's Canadian.

It's weird that you aren't seeing any listed.

Just to be sure, this is how you can select a different lineup:
Quote:
Setup > Setup Video Sources > Select one of your sources

EPG Lineup > Use Schedules Direct Guide Data with this Source

Use Existing Username and Password > Add New Lineup

Then either use the existing postal code it lists, or select "Use a new Region, Country or Postal Code".
The list of available EPG data should then be shown. It sometimes takes a few seconds for it to load for me, so it appears blank initially.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:47 PM
Sage User

yes that is the path I am using. All I see is deleted lineup-null. If i try to delete this I get a connection error to schedules direct. I might try to delete the source and add it in again. Any other suggestions.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2020, 12:57 PM
Sage Expert

It seems like you might have another problem going on, as it doesn't look like it can even connect to Schedules Direct right now for you.

Can you try hitting the option to "Change Username and Password" and re-entering your login information?
Old 09-20-2020, 01:12 PM
Sage User

I already have done the change username and password. It's weird that if i delete all the system messages and then try and use the deleted lineup i get an error from SD that the lineup is no longer available so sagetv must be talking to SD? I also have an email into SD. I also don't have any other choices for lineups such as rogers, bell etc?
Old 09-20-2020, 01:17 PM
Sage Expert

You should be seeing a lot of choices for lineups. Did you try a different postal code?

I just tried on my SageTV installation and it manages to pull down all of the lineup lists just fine.

You could also check the SageTV log (if you have logging enabled). It's the file sagetv_0.txt in your SageTV folder. It can sometimes give more detailed info about what error it is experiencing.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:59 PM
Sage User

I deleted all the sources, restarted my computer, added the sources back in and the new shaw direct epg was available. All is well.

Thanks guys.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Good news. Whatever’s going on, I hope someone tells us. Did Shaw Direct mess-up? Did Schedules Direct load old info?
Old 09-21-2020, 09:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You should be seeing a lot of choices for lineups. Did you try a different postal code?

I just tried on my SageTV installation and it manages to pull down all of the lineup lists just fine.

You could also check the SageTV log (if you have logging enabled). It's the file sagetv_0.txt in your SageTV folder. It can sometimes give more detailed info about what error it is experiencing.
I received the Schedules Direct email last night. But I still have listings. I’m thinking of riding them out and see what happens. It still doesn’t make any sense, after a nearly year-long name change campaign, that Shaw Direct would go backwards in time to ‘Classic’. Don’t get it.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:49 AM
SageTVaholic

I just lost my OTA lineup filed trouble ticket ... hope they fix it before guide data runs out.