SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 07-28-2020, 11:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Use EventGhost in Windows VM for USB-UIRT multizone

I recently switched my SageTV server to an unRAID docker but needed multi-zone support on my USB-UIRT, so I set it up using EventGhost on a Windows VM and gentuner. I stripped down the EventGhost configuration to the bare minimum and offer it up here in case anyone else wants to use it.

Essentially, EG controls the USB-UIRT. You'll have to program the IR codes for the numbers if mine don't work for you (they are Arris/Motorola codes). Then EG is configured with a minimum webserver and you send it a simple web message with the channel number and the desired STB to send it to.

The URL is pretty simple, such as http://192.168.0.10:8088/index.htm?STB1.34 where STB1, STB2 or STB3 refer to USB-UIRT zones 1-3 and then 34 in this case is the channel.

I modified the gentuner IP device script to support 3 devices and use wget to send the URL command to EventGhost.

I've attached a setup document and the files necessary to configure it. It's really not hard. Let me know if you have questions.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gentuner to Eventghost.pdf (749.9 KB, 182 views)
File Type: zip gentuner-to-eventghost.zip (2.6 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by Zogg; 09-11-2020 at 09:57 PM. Reason: updated gentuner script
Old 07-29-2020, 12:25 PM
Sage Expert

Would you give permission for me to add this as another example to the official gentuner repo on github?

Thanks!

--John
Old 07-29-2020, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Great job, very smart way of doing things!

I am using unRAID but I am able to use FireWire for now. If that ever breaks then this will be a great option.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwegas View Post
Would you give permission for me to add this as another example to the official gentuner repo on github?

Thanks!

--John
Absolutely! I started with the IP tuner example so it's only fair to share my thievery of it.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

I discovered that the results of wget in the gentuner script was creating small files, basically copies of the index.htm file. The files were named something like "index.htm?STB1.34".

I have updated the wget command to add options to save the output in /dev/null and use quiet mode. This seems to have fixed the problem.

If you were using the original script then check your sagetv/server folder for a bunch of these index files and delete them.