SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-25-2020, 11:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Jetty Server Missing Pre-Reqs

I'm trying to setup a new install of Sage TV and I am unable to install the Jetty Web Server and several other plugins because the are not compatible.

At first, I thought this was something I had done wrong in setting up a docker environment, so I tried setting up a basic Windows server and encountered the same problem.

It would appear that some resources for the plugin library are no longer being hosted/offered. What is the best way to get this rectified?
Old 07-26-2020, 09:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

What version of Java are you using?

Are you on Windows, or Linux / Unraid? It may make a difference in the answer.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 07-26-2020, 12:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Preferably using Java 8 as i've read this is best for using schedules direct guide data.

However, I've tried in the following environments:

Unraid Docker Java 8
Unraid Docker Java 10
Windows 7 Java 8

All three result in the same situation.

I go through the installation process, I've left everything possible at defaults, I go through the initial configuration screens, then go to the Plugin manager at the first available opportunity.

The Jetty Web Server is stating that it is not compatible and does not offer an install option (along with several other plugins).

I did this about a week ago in Unraid Docker Java 8 without issue, so I highly suspect something has changed in what is being hosted for download through the plugin service.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:51 PM
Sage Expert

I think the problem might be that SageTV 9 checks the following locations for plugin configs:

http://download.sagetv.com/SageTVPlugins.xml
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Op...VPluginsV9.xml

And currently download.sagetv.com is returning a 403 (Forbidden) for all requests.

You might be able to remove these two lines from Sage.properties to skip the first check:

Code:
sagetv_repos/v7/md5=http\://download.sagetv.com/SageTVPlugins.md5.txt
sagetv_repos/v7/url=http\://download.sagetv.com/SageTVPlugins.xml
Update: It looks like that won't work because the Jetty plugin depends on the 'ant' plugin which only exists in the v7 plugins repo (the first one) and the 'ant' package itself is also hosted at download.sagetv.com.

--John

Last edited by jpwegas; 07-26-2020 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well that's good news and bad news.

Thanks for confirming its not just me!

Since this has gone open source, who exactly is in charge of resolving this?

I'm happy to help if there is anything that I can do.
Old 07-26-2020, 03:47 PM
Sage Expert

The sagetv.com websites are still run/managed by Narflex at Google. He'll have to resolve that issue.

I believe some time ago there was some talk of migrating all the plugin sources to some other location as was done with the v9 plugins. There were also people who made backups made of all the data and plugins just in case anything disappeared. Mostly that was due to a concern about what would happen after the purchase by Google, but they have been good about supporting the forums and web sites.

I suspect this is just a glitch related to the forum move and will be addressed.

--John
Old 07-26-2020, 09:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwegas View Post
The sagetv.com websites are still run/managed by Narflex at Google. He'll have to resolve that issue.

I believe some time ago there was some talk of migrating all the plugin sources to some other location as was done with the v9 plugins. There were also people who made backups made of all the data and plugins just in case anything disappeared. Mostly that was due to a concern about what would happen after the purchase by Google, but they have been good about supporting the forums and web sites.

I suspect this is just a glitch related to the forum move and will be addressed.

--John
So all the necessary plugins from the past are available somewhere, in one location, if someone wanted to rebuild a SageTV server from scratch? And it would have to be a recent, V.9 install? Do you have the best link?
thanks.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 07-26-2020 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:38 PM

On 7/22/20 I uninstalled an older version of Stv. Deleted stv folder. Installed current x86 version. Set everything up. Installed 3 plugins. The "all" plugins list looked normal. Successful install. On 7/25/20 I did the same process on another similar computer. When Stv started I got the google weather plugin pop up. I would not let me select "do not show again". A lot of plugins that should have been listed in "all" were missing. My favorite the comskip plugins were missing. I tried to install the podcast plugin. It failed. It needed another plugin that was not available. Please let me know when the plugin problem is corrected. Is there a way to manually download, save and install a plugin?
Old 07-28-2020, 11:36 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
So all the necessary plugins from the past are available somewhere, in one location, if someone wanted to rebuild a SageTV server from scratch? And it would have to be a recent, V.9 install? Do you have the best link?
thanks.
That was idea, but that was some time ago and I don't know if anyone has a recent copy of everything.

I see that sagetv.com is back now, so things should be working again.

I'll try to track down the script that was backing up all the plugins and get it running somewhere.

--John
Old 07-31-2020, 12:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

I can confirm, my issue was resolved. The plugin hosting has started working again.

Thanks to Narflex and anyone else who got this going again!
Old 08-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Sage Expert

I just installed Sage again and am running into a problem with getting Jetty webserver working. I've tried with Docker versions with Java 11 and 8. Neither are working. Jetty is working as I do get an answer but:

Code:
Error 404 - Not Found.
No context on this server matched or handled this request.
Contexts known to this server are:
/ ---> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler@68d264e5{/,file:/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/static}
/apps ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@6dbeb1c4{/apps,/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/webapps/apps.war}
but I am unable to go to server:host/sage . I'm getting :

Code:
HTTP ERROR: 404
Problem accessing /sage. Reason:

NOT_FOUND
Further if I go to /apps I see this:

Code:
HTTP ERROR 500
Problem accessing /apps/. Reason:

/index.jsp(17,62) PWC6188: The absolute uri: http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
Can anyone tell me what's going on? Any help is most appreciated.
Sage Mini Client on Amazon Fire Sticks and Android TVs
Old 08-10-2020, 11:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

I see the same thing happening on mine, however if you further qualify the URL as:

http://ip : port/sagem/m/ you can access the mobile friendly menu OR
http://ip : port/sage/Home you can access the PC friendly menu.

where IP is the ip address of your server and port is the web port you have it configured to run on

so, http://192.168.1.1:8080/sage/home

default username is sage, default password is frey.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:49 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker:WG View Post
I see the same thing happening on mine, however if you further qualify the URL as:

http://ip : port/sagem/m/ you can access the mobile friendly menu OR
http://ip : port/sage/Home you can access the PC friendly menu.

where IP is the ip address of your server and port is the web port you have it configured to run on

so, http://192.168.1.1:8080/sage/home

default username is sage, default password is frey.
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately it's still not working:

Old 08-10-2020, 12:16 PM
Sage Expert

**EDIT** After twiddling, resetting, uninstalling/reinstalling, I managed to get things working. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by dinki; 08-10-2020 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

I have sporadically seen this with BMT where I have to uninstall and re-install the plugin to get it to work.
Just haven’t had time to investigate further when it happened