SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-29-2020, 12:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Some Channel Logos Lost?

In the past day or so, in the guide, logos for some, but not all, of the channels are gone. I looked at the Menu Options and Display Channel Logos is set to YES. (I tried flipping to NO and back - all logos disappear with NO and then some come back when I return to YES. There is blank space where the missing logos should be. The logos that are still there are consistent. It's not a random display. I searched the SageTV forum for "channel logos" and got no relevant hits.

No changes to my h/w or s/w. The last Win 10 update was a "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809" back on 2/07, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I am running version 9.1.8 (32-bit, if that's important).

When I checked to Channel Logo folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\ChannelLogos) it is empty, but when I look thru my backups, that folder is empty going back thru all of 2019. It does not appear that there were ever files in that folder. Where are logo files kept?

The next Win 10 update that will apply itself to my Sage machine is 1909. Is 1909 generally safe to use?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Old 02-29-2020, 01:25 AM
Sage Icon

Any errors in the log file?
Old 02-29-2020, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve20A View Post
In the past day or so, in the guide, logos for some, but not all, of the channels are gone. I looked at the Menu Options and Display Channel Logos is set to YES. (I tried flipping to NO and back - all logos disappear with NO and then some come back when I return to YES. There is blank space where the missing logos should be. The logos that are still there are consistent. It's not a random display. I searched the SageTV forum for "channel logos" and got no relevant hits.

No changes to my h/w or s/w. The last Win 10 update was a "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809" back on 2/07, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I am running version 9.1.8 (32-bit, if that's important).

When I checked to Channel Logo folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\ChannelLogos) it is empty, but when I look thru my backups, that folder is empty going back thru all of 2019. It does not appear that there were ever files in that folder. Where are logo files kept?

The next Win 10 update that will apply itself to my Sage machine is 1909. Is 1909 generally safe to use?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
The pre-download Logos for Schedules Direct are in GeneratedThumbnails folder if there are no custom photo in ChannelLogos folder try closing all SageTV and clear out the GeneratedThumbnails folder.
I'm on Windows 2004 Perview

Last edited by SHS; 02-29-2020 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-02-2020, 07:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
I haven't really investigated, but I also noticed some logos have disappeared very recently. For me, all the broadcast network stations (NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, CW,...) and a few others are no longer there. Most of the cable channel logos are still there.

I'm guessing something changed at Schedules Direct, since I'm pretty sure that Sage gets the logos from the EPG provider now.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-02-2020, 06:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I haven't really investigated, but I also noticed some logos have disappeared very recently. For me, all the broadcast network stations (NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, CW,...) and a few others are no longer there. Most of the cable channel logos are still there.

I'm guessing something changed at Schedules Direct, since I'm pretty sure that Sage gets the logos from the EPG provider now.
Hmm...I don't see the same issues with those stations (at least my locals). You could try poking Schedules Direct about it.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 03-02-2020, 06:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Any errors in the log file?
Yes. I will attempt to post 3 log files. All files are from "C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\logs." The names are: phoenix.log, phoenix-metadata.log, and sagex-api.log.

One file has only a single record in it. The other two have many records. (Apologize for the late response - took a bit to figure out how to upload files. A first for everything, I suppose.)

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip LOGS.zip (121.0 KB, 139 views)
Old 03-02-2020, 07:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Exactly - I have no logos for CBS, NBC and the like, but I do have logos for CNN and ION and PBS Kids.

So maybe Schedules Direct, you think. There used to be someone from there who monitored these boards. I'll see if I can find him or open a ticket with SD.

Thanks for the idea.
Old 03-02-2020, 07:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
...I'm guessing something changed at Schedules Direct, since I'm pretty sure that Sage gets the logos from the EPG provider now.
OK, I've reported this to Schedules Direct to see what they think. Ticket number #19335. Let's see what they say.

Again, thanks for the idea.
Old 03-02-2020, 07:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
The pre-download Logos for Schedules Direct are in GeneratedThumbnails folder if there are no custom photo in ChannelLogos folder try closing all SageTV and clear out the GeneratedThumbnails folder.
I'm on Windows 2004 Perview
Thanks for this info. I checked my GeneratedThumbnails folder and found three types of files, two of which make sense and one which does not. I have two recording directories, one on a drive labeled "D" and one on a drive labeled "E." I have lots of files that start with either "D" or "E" and are JPGs that seem to match shows recorded on either the D or E drive.

There is another batch of files with names like:
url-http3a2f2ficons2ewxug2ecom2fi2fc2fc2fclear2egif
which match nothing. And they look like the period separating the filename from the filetype is missing. No idea what they should have been. Some are recent and some go back to 2018.

Ideas?
Old 03-02-2020, 07:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes. I will attempt to post 3 log files. All files are from "C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\logs." The names are: phoenix.log, phoenix-metadata.log, and sagex-api.log.

One file has only a single record in it. The other two have many records. (Apologize for the late response - took a bit to figure out how to upload files. A first for everything, I suppose.)

Thanks
Sorry, I was referring to the sagetv_0.txt log file but you may want to trigger an EPG update first to cause the server to go looking for data. You can trigger one somewhere in the GUI I think or just disable and re-enable a channel.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Sorry, I was referring to the sagetv_0.txt log file but you may want to trigger an EPG update first to cause the server to go looking for data. You can trigger one somewhere in the GUI I think or just disable and re-enable a channel.
No problem. I did the channel toggle thing, but nothing changed (at least, immediately). Attached is sagetv_0.txt log. There are also _1, _2 and _3 logs as well as client logs, but I only sent the _0 log for now.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (484.2 KB, 140 views)
Old 03-04-2020, 01:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
No problem. I did the channel toggle thing, but nothing changed (at least, immediately). Attached is sagetv_0.txt log. There are also _1, _2 and _3 logs as well as client logs, but I only sent the _0 log for now.

Thanks in advance.
I didn’t see anything going wrong there but I’m not exactly sure when channel logos are downloaded or refreshed.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I didn’t see anything going wrong there but I’m not exactly sure when channel logos are downloaded or refreshed.
Thanks for looking. Here are the other three logs, if you want to look at them.
[Update - They are all too big, even when zipped.]

Since two of us have reported the same symptom, both related to channel logos downloaded from Schedules Direct, I am pinning my hopes on their finding something.

My next step is to update to Windows 10 v1909 (just because I will have to anyway). I don't expect that to resolve anything.

Then I may try either an update to the latest SageTV version or SageTV 64. I'm really not interested in adding that to my plate right now, but WAF and my own AF are sinking.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've seen this too off and on thru the years and have gotten used to adding my own into the ChannelLogos directory. You are on the right track looking at the 'url' files in the thumbnail directory. If you continue looking, you see 'stationlogos' in some of them. Those are the station logos (among other things). All mine show updates w/in the past 24 hours.
Those filenames get parsed and turned into true url's. What you see is the url w/ the special characters replaced by (I presume) their ascii code value.
For example, this file

url-https3a2f2fs32eamazonaws2ecom2fschedulesdirect2fassets2fstationLogos2fs899235fh35fba2epng

Turns into this url
https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdi...9923_h3_ba.png

Evidently, SD uses AWS to store their images.

Anyway, the point is, look at one of these files (pick a recent one at random), note the timestamp, then go into the appropriate sagetv_n.txt file and search down to that time. I found what looks like Sage beginning to load logos starting with 'LiveTVGuide'. then scroll down looking for amazonaws url's and any errors.

I couldn't find an easy way to scroll thru the stationlogos files in the thumbnail directory. I use Irfanview and it doesn't take seriously any files w/out an extension.

Of course, I'm a little late to the party here, so you've most likely fixed it already. I'd be interested to hear what SD had to say.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hah! I was on the same track, converting the oddball data into a url, but I couldn't get anything to actually resolve and go to a website. You have filled in the blanks for me.

Two nights ago, I rescanned the channels inside Sage for the lineup I use. One logo reappeared. I got sidetracked with other things and left everything alone.

And, as a result of absolutely nothing else I did, the logos are coming back. So, either SD fixed something (they never responded to my ticket inquiry) or some other trigger was pulled, but it looks like we are on the road to recovery.

Thanks to everyone who had ideas. I appreciate the efforts from the community.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just got a reply from Robert Kulagowski of Schedules Direct.

He said, "There may have been a glitch that caused them to get removed during a lineup rebuild, but the system is constantly refreshing things."

Since my logos seem to be back, I consider this a closed issue.

Thanks again to all who contributed ideas.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:03 PM
Sage Icon

Mine have not come back yet. Hopefully soon.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR