SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-23-2020, 11:33 AM
Sage User

Lost Fanart after installing SageTV service

Hi,

I am using the newest version of SageTV 9 with the plugins that allow me to use metadata and fanart. My video library has all the metadata and fanarts listing when I view my video library in SageTV.

I was previously just using SageTV as an application, but decided to install the Service. After the service was installed, the intital setup ran again which I completed- most of the old settings remained. SageTV started up fine, but now when I view my video library all the fanart is missing. I still have the folder where it's all saved (e:\Fanart) and I checked the configuration in the Phoenix plugin (i think) and it shows the location of fanart files correct.

I was wondering if any knows the best way to get that configured again? Maybe uninstall and reinstall the plugins?
Old 01-23-2020, 01:15 PM
Sage Icon

I don't know how the fanart stuff works but if you get desperate you could look in the sage.properties for items related to it or that path you mentioned. They may need moved to the sageclient.properties file. Again, manually doing that may not be best but that is the difference between UI when running application versus client.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:44 PM
Sage User

I've got some more info. I looked at the plugins again and it looks like CMT and Phoenix Fanart are not compatible anymore.

It looks like I'm missing Java 1.8+. Anyone know what happened how to fix this?
Old 01-24-2020, 09:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by badreligionhead View Post
I've got some more info. I looked at the plugins again and it looks like CMT and Phoenix Fanart are not compatible anymore.

It looks like I'm missing Java 1.8+. Anyone know what happened how to fix this?
Did you try updating your java to v1.8?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-24-2020, 01:50 PM
Sage User

That sounds like a good idea. Do you have any suggestions on which installer to use? Other than SageTV, I have no use for Java. I also understand the newer versions are not free. Thanks. I'd hate to damage my media pc even more. I'm not a tinkerer and get anxious when I don't have my SageTV
Old 01-24-2020, 04:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That sounds like a good idea. Do you have any suggestions on which installer to use? Other than SageTV, I have no use for Java. I also understand the newer versions are not free. Thanks. I'd hate to damage my media pc even more. I'm not a tinkerer and get anxious when I don't have my SageTV
The one used by the installer is located here....

https://bintray.com/opensagetv/saget...ortfiles/1.101

Click Files once on that page.

K
Old 01-24-2020, 06:55 PM
Sage User

That didn't work. I installed that file and rebooted the computer. Java version 7 is installed on the computer. Yet CMT and Phoenix fan art for SageTV 9 say they require version 1.8+? I'm confused. does anyone have any ideas? I'm not sure what happened. it was working fine until I installed the service.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That didn't work. I installed that file and rebooted the computer. Java version 7 is installed on the computer. Yet CMT and Phoenix fan art for SageTV 9 say they require version 1.8+? I'm confused. does anyone have any ideas? I'm not sure what happened. it was working fine until I installed the service.
Those bintray links are for Java 8. Do you still have a Java 7 also installed? Check under the installed programs and see what you have.

The other thing unique about service mode is the user/permissions it runs under. Do you have it set to run under the same user that the application was running under?
Old 01-24-2020, 07:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The problem with Java is that most of the hosting services where people have stored their plugins have changed to require secure / encrypted links (web links that start with https://). They don’t support the old http:// links anymore. But, Java 1.7 and older doesn’t handle the secure https links. That’s why you need Java 1.8 to be able to download most plugins now.

When you changed Sage to run in Service mode, you had to reinstall any plugins that affect the user interface. But the plugin manager won’t be able to download the plugins until you get Java 1.8 installed.

Also, you need to make sure you are installing the right bitness of Java (32 or 64) to match The Sage version you installed.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-26-2020, 11:01 AM
Sage User

Thanks for your help! Once I got the correct Java installed it started working again. I forgot my SageTV is 32-bit while Windows is 64-bit. I just needed to install the 32-bit Java. Version 7 was installed on my computer. Now version 8 is installed and CMT and Phoenix Fanart is supported.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:35 AM
Sage User

I should also mention, when I run SageTV as a service, it appears that SageTV doesn't recognize the old Fanart. I went to a couple movies and manually had them scan again.

I'll have to figure out how to initiate a new full scan if I don't want to do each one manually. I could probably delete all the old Fanart and do it that way.

At any rate this is a small problem I can fix. Thanks again.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I should also mention, when I run SageTV as a service, it appears that SageTV doesn't recognize the old Fanart. I went to a couple movies and manually had them scan again.

I'll have to figure out how to initiate a new full scan if I don't want to do each one manually. I could probably delete all the old Fanart and do it that way.

At any rate this is a small problem I can fix. Thanks again.
There are settings for CMT that tell it were to look for and store the fan art. It’s possible that after reinstalling it’s just not looking in the right place. You should go through the plugin settings.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-30-2020, 01:02 PM
Sage User

So I'm still struggling with this a bit. What appears to be happening is Fanart is working fine, Sage-TV is not recognizing it.

What I did was remove all my media, deleted all the fanart, and delete all the properties files. I then added back a few movies into my library folder and set Sage to scan imported media. I can see the new properties files are created. I can see the new folders and fanart was downloaded and placed in the Fanart folder. But when I browse my videos in the Sage interface, still nothing. IMDB metadata is working but no Fanart.

Any ideas?

Last edited by badreligionhead; 01-30-2020 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-30-2020, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

What plugin are you using to display fanart...as sagetv does not do that natively

k
Old 01-30-2020, 05:02 PM
Sage User

I'm not at my media PC right now, so this is from memory. I have three plugins installed. Phoenix (the one on the first page of plugins,) CMT, and Phoenix fanart (both located on the third screen of plugins.) That's it. I've also installed all the updates for any library file that was installed.

On the Phoenix plugin, the only configuration change I made was to the Fanart folder. I'm using e:\Fanart on my Windows 10 computer.
Old 01-30-2020, 05:24 PM
Sage User

Also, it works as expected when I'm running SageTV as an application. I only see this problem when I'm running SageTV as a service.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Also, it works as expected when I'm running SageTV as an application. I only see this problem when I'm running SageTV as a service.
This behavior indicates a problem with filesystem permissions. Using Sage's Service Control app, click the button to "Change User", and change the user name to match the username you log into Windows when you run the non-service version of Sage.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:48 PM
Sage Icon

You may need to reinstall the Phoenix fanart for SageTV plugin. Since that is a ui mod, I think you have to install it separately for each ui instance. The stand alone and service versions of Sage use separate property files (just like you would have different properties for different extenders).
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR