SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghildebr View Post
With it disabled on both the server and the client I do have .mp4's playing without the error but the video is choppy, sound seems normal. I do not have the ability to play anything on the server. That is a headless box. The ability to play video's (ripped movies) is the last thing I have to get working. Any recorded TV show is playing perfectly on both client and placeshifter. I have tested everything else and this is the only issue I have left.
This post (https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...34&postcount=3) seems to suggest LAV can replace the SageTV demux just fine. Do your settings look like these?
Old 12-06-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
This post (https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...34&postcount=3) seems to suggest LAV can replace the SageTV demux just fine. Do your settings look like these?
Yes but Audio icon never show up in task bar the Video and Splitter dose so this lead to believe that the problem still lay in with Audio side of thing.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
No, they look like the screen shot in post 90 of this thread. I have left the house for today but will look at this when I return tonight.

[URL="https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=618280&postcount=90"]
Old 12-06-2018, 11:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Yes but Audio icon never show up in task bar the Video and Splitter dose so this lead to believe that the problem still lay in with Audio side of thing.
I agree with you on the issue with StrmDeMux but was questioning its value with LAV available.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Regarding the audio codec issues, has the issue that is discussed in this thread ever been corrected where Sage will use AC3 filter regardless of what is selected for a codec in the UI?
Old 12-06-2018, 01:10 PM
Sage

Cool, I see you guys figured out the crash in tuning. Nice work.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:53 PM
Sage Icon

USB-UIRT support for 64-bit is coming soon!

Also, after some research I now think it may be possible to support the Hauppauge IR blaster using its 32-bit DLL by using a COM server to communicate between 64 and 32 bit like this:

64-bit SageTV -> 64-bit DLL with COM client -> 32-bit exe COM server -> 32-bit DLL

I don't know if the performance loss across processes will matter but for tuning using IR I can't think it would. There's already delay involved there anyway.

Last edited by wnjj; 12-06-2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Not sure if this is related or not but in the 32 bit client I am getting a movie synopses when I highlight the movie. On the x64 client that data is not there. (see attachments).
Do you have plugins installed on x32 that you don't on x64? I believe it is a plugin that provides the synopses.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
USB-UIRT support for 64-bit is coming soon!

Also, after some research I now think it may be possible to support the Hauppauge IR blaster using its 32-bit DLL by using a COM server to communicate between 64 and 32 bit like this:

64-bit SageTV -> 64-bit DLL with COM client -> 32-bit exe COM server -> 32-bit DLL

I don't know if the performance loss across processes will matter but for tuning using IR I can't think it would be. There's already delay involved there anyway.
Cool so then it maybe possible to do the same with Hauppauge IR Blaster.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Cool so then it maybe possible to do the same with Hauppauge IR Blaster.
Sorry, I posted both in that post. The USB-UIRT is getting 64-bit native DLL's. They're being tested right now. The Hauppauge will need the wrappers since they don't/won't offer 64-bit.

How popular/important is this Hauppauge device? Do many depend upon it and therefore cannot adopt 64-bit yet because of it?
Old 12-06-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I posted both in that post. The USB-UIRT is getting 64-bit native DLL's. They're being tested right now. The Hauppauge will need the wrappers since they don't/won't offer 64-bit.

How popular/important is this Hauppauge device? Do many depend upon it and therefore cannot adopt 64-bit yet because of it?
Me I need USB-UIRT I been try to get usbuirtsent.exe to work but had no luck with it, but some my family member have HD-PVR there using on board IR with one cable or sat box, I'm sure many here are still using one other Hauppauge device that also have on board IR Blaster support
Any way my bad just a bit brain dead today LoL

Last edited by SHS; 12-06-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

I need it too because firewire is disabled on my cable boxes and it's the best alternative I've found - it's all that's holding me back.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Setting the Video/Audio to the linked settings has fixed the ability for the client to play videos off of the server. I am not sure if you can automate that in the install. The way I had to do it was not very user friendly. But again that is what the forums are for. If anyone is looking for how I fixed the issue, the attached screen shot is what my final setting for the Sage TV (x64) version 9 Client Video/Audio contained.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Video-Audio Setup.JPG (116.1 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by Ghildebr; 12-08-2018 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Changed .jpg to new "Working" defaults
Old 12-06-2018, 10:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Do you have plugins installed on x32 that you don't on x64? I believe it is a plugin that provides the synopses.
I swear I double checked these plugins. It looks like I had a few remnants of the Phoenix plugin, before I uninstalled it dating back to the 7.x days. I have added the missing plugins but the synopses data had not yet populated. There are a lot of video's here in Sage. I will let it set overnight and see if things eventually populate.

Update: Overnight everything synced and the synopses did populate. Thanks for the assistance BobPhoenix.

Last edited by Ghildebr; 12-07-2018 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:04 AM
Sage User

I'm having the same issue. do you know which plugin it was. I have compared the two and everything seem to match, so I am missing something
Old 12-07-2018, 06:33 PM
Sage Icon

Update on the SageTV Stream DeMux:

I found a structure size incompatibility between the VS source code and the FFPMEG code it links to. After fixing that, I was able to play back with StrmDeMux enabled in the registry. It turns out it was already making a logfile by default (StmDeMux.log) that flagged the error.

Attached is a fixed StrmDeMux.ax filter.

This addresses the issue posted by Ghildebr where MP4 videos wouldn't play (post #88 above - https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=88)
Attached Files
File Type: zip StrmDeMux.zip (90.0 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by wnjj; 12-07-2018 at 11:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:34 PM
Sage Icon

Update on USB-UIRT:

Two users are reporting that it's now working! I procured some source code and a 64-bit driver. Stay tuned (pun intended) for updates to the installer. In the meantime if someone else needs USB-UIRT in 64-bit, PM me.

Last edited by wnjj; 12-07-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:

I found a structure size incompatibility between the VS source code and the FFPMEG code it links to. After fixing that, I was able to play back with StrmDeMux enabled in the registry. It turns out it was already making a logfile by default (StmDeMux.log) that flagged the error.

Old 12-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

This addresses the issue posted by Ghildebr where MP4 videos wouldn't play (post #88 above - https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=88)
So do I replace this file and then go back and undo the registry setting I made earlier?

In the meantime, you can add (or edit) this key in the registry to disable the SageTV Stream Demux:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\DirectShow\EnableSageTVStreamDemux
It's of type REG_DWORD. Set it to 0.

When I did that on mine, an MP4 played ok.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So do I replace this file and then go back and undo the registry setting I made earlier?

In the meantime, you can add (or edit) this key in the registry to disable the SageTV Stream Demux:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\DirectShow\EnableSageTVStreamDemux
It's of type REG_DWORD. Set it to 0.

When I did that on mine, an MP4 played ok.
Yes you can but I really don’t know the advantage one way or the other. Back when the demux was built there were improvements offered that weren’t available through other filters. With LAV as an option these days it may not be as important. Someone who knows more about these things will have to comment. If you replace the file, you can switch the registry back and forth to see if one plays better than the other. Or if in the future you have any issues it provides an option.

You may also have to switch the setting back to “default” but I’m not sure.