SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
Another problem ,sorry

Installing the beta client, on a windows 10 machine (try admin and non admin accounts) get an error trying to write the registry key for the "always demux" and "ac3filter" checkboxes. 2 errors, 1 for each. Insufficient permissions.

If I ignore, installer completes successfully.
That one is a known issue. https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=285
Old 02-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
Okay, here is where I sit. I have SageTV v9 installed on a 10+ year old Windows Vista machine. This machine has been running non-stop for that entire period. I am now beginning to encounter "issues" some equipment (a failed Power Supply fan that has no replacement, for instance) and some usage (perhaps lack of memory is at fault). It is time to stop fussing with it.

I have a somewhat new HP Laptop with a clean install of Windows 10? (I am not looking to get involved in BETA testing but that would probably be better than all the time I am currently spending on this.)

Is there a step-by-step procedure somewhere that shows me how to install the 64 bit version on the laptop and simply switch to that machine. I need a bit of hand-holding. (I can, of course, copy needed files from the Vista machine if necessary.)
Even though this is a beta, it’s close to what will be released someday. There are installers that work like the normal released ones. Getting set up on a new system is pretty much like setting up a 32-bit one with some exceptions when it comes to devices SageTV talks to. If you are wanting to convert an existing 32-bit setup over and want to keep all of you show history, a couple others have posted about about that and it can get trickier if you have varied tuner hardware or lots of plugins.

What tuners do you use? Stock UI? Want to keep your show history? How many and what kind of plugins?

Start reading a couple pages back in this thread here: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=353
Old 02-04-2019, 05:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
ty sir
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 02-07-2019, 10:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghildebr View Post
I am having sporadic issues playing back OTA recordings on my x64 SageTV client. Tonight's "The Big Bang Theory" is a perfect example. From the x64 Client all I get on the Audio track "eng AC3 5.1" is really nothing more than a laugh track, no dialog spoken by the actors. If I switch to the Audio track of "spa AC3" I get the proper audio, along with a narrator describing what the actors are doing. If I play the exact same recording on either a HD300, or a Mi Box 3 using the Android MiniClient 1.4.3, or a x64 PlaceShifter Client, the recording plays correctly. This is the 3rd recording that I have had like this in the last 30 days.

I also cannot play certain 720p .mkv rips of Blu Rays on the HD300 without the entire system locking up with the spinning wheel of death, but the exact same rip plays fine on the x64 Client, x64 PlaceShifter, and the Mi Box. If anyone wants to look at logs just ask. I have hesitated reporting this because Narflex said it was a very seldom but know bug and has been there for a very long time. Just trying to make the product better.

Gary
Just a thought on this: Does anyone know how 5.1 is decoded and played on a PC client? Is this possibly an issue with LAV filters where it’s only decoding the rear channels (where the laughs probably are)?

Gary, I don’t remember. Do you have the external AC3 filters installed?
Old 02-07-2019, 10:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Just a thought on this: Does anyone know how 5.1 is decoded and played on a PC client? Is this possibly an issue with LAV filters where it’s only decoding the rear channels (where the laughs probably are)?

Gary, I don’t remember. Do you have the external AC3 filters installed?
Yes, I have both the AC3 filters and the LAV filters installed on both the server and the client.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, I have both the AC3 filters and the LAV filters installed on both the server and the client.
Have you tried running ac3config.exe to see if there’s anything in there that may help? You can probably find it under the start menu.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, I have ac3config.exe on both the server and the client. What do you need me to look for. I can assist with this after I get home from work tonight.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, I have ac3config.exe on both the server and the client. What do you need me to look for. I can assist with this after I get home from work tonight.
I really don’t know. Just thinking that something in there may change how it detects the audio, assuming AC3 is what is even playing it back on those bad files. I’m not sure if SageTV itself selects the audio filter based upon what it finds in the file or if the direct show graph manager automatically does. Try monitoring the AC3 tray icon when playing a good and bad file. All on the client is fine. I’m just taking guesses here.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

I used to have some issues with Sage choosing the right audio stream, especially with MKV files. this wasn't all the time with recordings and more prevalent with certain channels.

Since switching to LAV and and disabling the Sage DeMux the issues seem to have gone away.

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I really don’t know. Just thinking that something in there may change how it detects the audio, assuming AC3 is what is even playing it back on those bad files. I’m not sure if SageTV itself selects the audio filter based upon what it finds in the file or if the direct show graph manager automatically does. Try monitoring the AC3 tray icon when playing a good and bad file. All on the client is fine. I’m just taking guesses here.
After spending some time looking at this I cannot see any difference between a good recording and a bad recording but I may not be doing it right. I cannot make the tray icon for AC3 show up in sage when playing a recording no matter if I have the box checked for it in AC3Config or not. Trying to launch AC3Config to monitor things is useless. I get the attached warning which may explain why I see nothing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AC3Config.JPG (24.4 KB, 170 views)

Last edited by Ghildebr; 02-09-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgaData View Post
I used to have some issues with Sage choosing the right audio stream, especially with MKV files. this wasn't all the time with recordings and more prevalent with certain channels.

Since switching to LAV and and disabling the Sage DeMux the issues seem to have gone away.
How do you disable Sage DeMux on the x64 bit client? I did some searching and the only thing I found was this registry key, and that was set this way by default.

HKLM\Software\Frey Technologies\Common\DirectShow\EnableSageTVStreamDemux=0

The recordings I am having issues with are OTA recording from my Hauppauge tuners and they are by default in .mpg format. The .mkv recordings I have that don't play are not playable from my HD300's only. All other places the .mkv files play correctly.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How do you disable Sage DeMux on the x64 bit client? I did some searching and the only thing I found was this registry key, and that was set this way by default.

The recordings I am having issues with are OTA recording from my Hauppauge tuners and they are by default in .mpg format. The .mkv recordings I have that don't play are not playable from my HD300's only. All other places the .mkv files play correctly.
Also search for AlwaysSwapForAC3Filter and set it to 0 to ensure LAV is used for audio...or to 1 to use AC3

And make sure you have selected LAV in the video/audio media settings in sage settings.

You could run mediaInfo utility (need to download it) and post the details here and someone may be able to suggest something

k
Old 02-09-2019, 11:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Also search for AlwaysSwapForAC3Filter and set it to 0 to ensure LAV is used for audio...or to 1 to use AC3

And make sure you have selected LAV in the video/audio media settings in sage settings.

You could run mediaInfo utility (need to download it) and post the details here and someone may be able to suggest something

k
Well I have success. I tried the above and set AlwaysSwapForAC3Filter to 0 but that had no effect. I set it back to 1 and then started playing with Audio Renderer settings> I initially had it set to "DirectSound: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) and that is where I occasionally, maybe 1 out of 20 recordings, had the issue. I changed it to "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)" and once I did the bad recordings, and the good ones as well, played perfectly.

Thanks for everyone that assisted with getting this fixed, especially wnjj and jusjoken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Audio.JPG (57.1 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg Video Audio Settings.JPG (118.1 KB, 154 views)
Old 02-09-2019, 11:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I also cannot play certain 720p .mkv rips of Blu Rays on the HD300 without the entire system locking up with the spinning wheel of death, but the exact same rip plays fine on the x64 Client, x64 PlaceShifter, and the Mi Box. If anyone wants to look at logs just ask.

Gary
Now if I somehow could get my HD300 playback issues fixed I would be set.
Gary
Old 02-09-2019, 11:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

The Sage stream demux is only used for non-mpg and non-avi formats. Playback issues on the HD300 may be out of our control since there are no more updates for it. I don’t know what, if anything, the server has to do with it.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The Sage stream demux is only used for non-mpg and non-avi formats. Playback issues on the HD300 may be out of our control since there are no more updates for it. I don’t know what, if anything, the server has to do with it.
The extenders are a type of mini client (as are the Placeshifter and the Android Mini Client). I believe that as part of the Mini Client protocol, the Mini Client tells the server what audio and video codecs it supports natively. The server can then be told to transcode any files that use a format the miniclient doesn’t support. I’m not sure if this transcoding is automatic or what triggers it (does the server decide, or does the Mini-Client need to request it?).

It might be possible to force the server to transcode even if the format was already something the extender thinks it can decode. Of course transcoding is cpu-intensive, so there are trade-offs to doing this.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-09-2019, 01:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here is the log file of a fresh install of the SageTVSetupx86_9.2.0_beta_1.104.exe. I installed no plugins or set up no tuners. I took the defaults for everything in the setup. I set up my Media Import directories and waited for all media to be imported. Once that was done I tried to play the movie file "Venom (2018).mkv" on a HD300, see attached screen shot of file properties. I tried this test twice. After that I tried the same test using a Mi Box 3 and the file played successfully. Hopefully someone with knowledge that I do not possess, can make heads or tales out of this.
Gary
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Venom (2018).JPG (101.0 KB, 169 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (153.2 KB, 167 views)
Old 02-09-2019, 01:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Here is the log file of a fresh install of the SageTVSetupx86_9.2.0_beta_1.104.exe. I installed no plugins or set up no tuners. I took the defaults for everything in the setup. I set up my Media Import directories and waited for all media to be imported. Once that was done I tried to play the movie file "Venom (2018).mkv" on a HD300, see attached screen shot of file properties. I tried this test twice. After that I tried the same test using a Mi Box 3 and the file played successfully. Hopefully someone with knowledge that I do not possess, can make heads or tales out of this.
Gary
So the million dollar question is does this file play on the HD300 on older 32-bit 9.1.x versions? There aren't supposed to be any changes in playback when building the 32-bit 9.2.0 but some code was compiled fresh for the first time in awhile. If it still doesn't work there, perhaps start a new thread since it's not 64-bit (or newly built 32-bit) related.

The only thing I see in the log files is that the miniclient negotiated for PULL mode, then times out. I suspect the issue is with how the HD300 is trying to process that file.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Let me uninstall my current x86 client and install SageTVSetup_9.1.10.exe.

I will get back to you shortly...
Old 02-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

So to answer the million dollar question, it made no difference. Here is the new log just to say that everyone has it.

I guess is time for me to begin the retirement of the HD300's. Being that I have 4 of them in use that is going to hurt a little bit. I have always considered the HD300's to be a small "Video Tank". They would play anything and everything you through at them. When the kids were little I would hook one if them up in the car with an external hard drive full of movies and the road trip would commence. At least I have the Android client to fall back on. I really would like to see a client for the Apple TV, but that is another story.

Gary
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (96.0 KB, 154 views)