SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Channel not tunable for game, EPG blank

I had a curious problem last night where I was unable to force Sage to tune to TBS to watch the Yankees/Redsox baseball game. The SDEPG for the event was void, it was not "No Data", it was just blank and unselectable for the game and resumed afterward as normal. Sage would also not tune to the channel will navigating channel up/down during live tv or by entering the channel number directly. I was able to watch through the HDHomeRun utility and I did confirm that there was no copy protection. I also did not see anything unusual in the log. This appears to be an issue caused by the EPG in some way, but regardless it seems Sage should attempt to tune a channel that is mapped regardless of the EPG data.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (122.9 KB, 184 views)
Old 10-06-2018, 03:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk2 View Post
I had a curious problem last night where I was unable to force Sage to tune to TBS to watch the Yankees/Redsox baseball game. The SDEPG for the event was void, it was not "No Data", it was just blank and unselectable for the game and resumed afterward as normal. Sage would also not tune to the channel will navigating channel up/down during live tv or by entering the channel number directly. I was able to watch through the HDHomeRun utility and I did confirm that there was no copy protection. I also did not see anything unusual in the log. This appears to be an issue caused by the EPG in some way, but regardless it seems Sage should attempt to tune a channel that is mapped regardless of the EPG data.
I just had a similar experience with a bad subchannel. One thing you can do is manually map some other station that has data to the channel you want to watch. That way you can at least watch live. It will consider it to the the other show you are watching and your watched history won’t be accurate. I used a crappy shopping network as my “host” channel.