SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Sage Icon

More 2nd Tuner Problems!

Now that I got the IR thing worked out, just noticed another oroblem.

The new tuner (shows up as #2 in Sage) will not tune off of channel 4. This is whether it's run from the TV set (server) or another PC (client).

If you're lucky enough to get tuner #1 (the original) assigned, it works great.

Sage thinks the tuner is changing, though becuase the EPG shows the show Sage thinks it's on, but in essense I'm sitting on ESPN channel 4 forever.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 07-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

If you've been messing around re-installing the tuner drivers, etc... Sage may have lost track of which tuners are set up for what.

You might have to go back into the Wizard and tell it to remove both tuners, then go back and tell it to add one (and its channel line up) and then to add the other one (and its channel line up).

Could also just go back into the Wizard and pick a tuner that it already has in the list and check if everything matches up.

An alternative way to get Sage set back up for the tuners (if it's royally confused) would be to shut down SageTV, edit the properties file and delete all the mmc/encoder lines, save, and then start SageTV. It will then find what tuners are available and you can then go thru the Wizard to get them added/setup again correctly.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:48 PM
Sage Icon

I have done what you recommended.

I completely removed the two tuners from Sage's setup and re-added them.

The new turner card still tuned to only Ch4. So, I then turned off the machine so power was lost. Now, the new tuner will not tune anything at all. All it shows is static.

My guess is I've received a bad tuner so I'll get it replaced.

Stacy
Old 07-25-2004, 09:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have just completed the installation of two tuners as well. I would suggest, if possible, you set up thesupposed bad tuner on its own and see if it works. I had very similar symptoms when trying to get my tuners to place nice (snow, static). In on case the cable was faulty. I am not technical enough to help you further. good luck
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Sage Icon

Got it fixed.

The drivers from SHS seemed to have solved the problem. I guess only time will tell.

Thanks