SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Sage User

Can't FF imported media

I've been running the latest v9 of Sage on an Ubuntu 16.04 system fine for a few weeks. Everything was working great, including my Imported media. Just tonight I went to play a video and a couple of things were wrong. First the progress bar immediately jumped to the end and both the start and end times were 0:00. Second, although the video plays fine I can't FF or RW the video. I can play and pause, but if I stop and play again it doesn't resume; instead it starts at the beginning again. This is happening to all of my imported videos, whether it's mkv, mp4, or avi.

Here's a screenshot of an imported video. The video is only about 5 seconds in (out of about 25 minutes), but notice the bar is at the end and the start/end times.

The last time I played the video (about a week ago) it was fine, and the copy still on my old windows sage box plays properly.

I saw some real old posts about Sage not being able to determine the length of the video but no real solution.

The only thing I've recently done is I installed the YouTube (2015) plugin a few days ago but I didn't notice at that time if it did anything to the imported media. I've uninstalled that (and the other YouTube plugins that were installed with it) but it didn't make a difference. Is it possible this was the culprit and the damage is done? If so, anyone know how I can fix whatever got broken?

I'll keep searching the forums, trying some different searches. Hopefully I'll find something (I'll report back) or someone knows what's going on and how to fix this.

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Sage Icon

Maybe try this: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=10

Though when I look again, Narflex says there are other code paths to fix imported media (whatever those are)...
Old 12-04-2017, 06:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Check out this post:

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63810
Old 12-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
Thanks Dave. I found this post right around the time I was notified of your response. Following both post #14 and the link that post points to (which is the same link wnjj posted here), they fixed my imported media. All the watched statuses are gone but that's not a big deal.

Many thanks to you both!