SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-22-2017, 02:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

File size info missing after V7 to V9 upgrade?

Hey Guys!

When I go to watch a recorded show, I highlight the show under "recordings" then hit the "OK" remote button. I have it set so it comes up with Watch Now, Delete, and a whole bunch of other options. In V7 on the very top line of this pop up window it would show the title of the recording then a colon (":") then it would show the filesize. This window appears to be exactly the same in V9 except I see nothing after the colon... there is no file size. I'm using Gemstone so not sure if that has anything to do with it or not?

Is there a way to get back the size of the file after the colon?

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2017, 02:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Hey Guys!

When I go to watch a recorded show, I highlight the show under "recordings" then hit the "OK" remote button. I have it set so it comes up with Watch Now, Delete, and a whole bunch of other options. In V7 on the very top line of this pop up window it would show the title of the recording then a colon (":") then it would show the filesize. This window appears to be exactly the same in V9 except I see nothing after the colon... there is no file size. I'm using Gemstone so not sure if that has anything to do with it or not?

Is there a way to get back the size of the file after the colon?

Thanks!
Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Display file sizes and counts = Yes

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-22-2017, 02:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Display file sizes and counts = Yes
Well, damn... that was it. LOL Thank, Fuzzy! I didn't even know that was a setting and didn't think to look for it as a setting either because it seems like most/all of my other setting I had "stuck" during the upgrade as I don't really see any difference (other than faster! LOL).

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2017, 02:32 PM
SageTVaholic

It was one of the 'extra features' added with the old 5309 code, but is now rolled in.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:40 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks from me too. I was missing that after freshly moving from the V3 UI and didn't know if it was supposed to be there.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

Awesome!

One thing I really like about V9 is that with V7 when I was going through the upcoming recordings if I didn't want something to record I'd hit both "watched" and "don't like" for that particular upcoming recording. If it was coming up in a few hours or so it seemed like it was hit or miss if things would update in time to catch the fact I didn't want it to record. With V9 as soon as I hit either "watched" or "don't like" it is removed INSTANTLY from the recording list.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Awesome!

One thing I really like about V9 is that with V7 when I was going through the upcoming recordings if I didn't want something to record I'd hit both "watched" and "don't like" for that particular upcoming recording. If it was coming up in a few hours or so it seemed like it was hit or miss if things would update in time to catch the fact I didn't want it to record. With V9 as soon as I hit either "watched" or "don't like" it is removed INSTANTLY from the recording list.
Yeah, EnterNoEscape sped up Carny so things like that are many magnitudes faster than they were.. like sped from many hours to less than a minute for some.