SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

V7 to V9 upgrade mostly OK but HD PVR not tuning?

Hey Guys!

Thanks so much for all you do! I noticed yesterday nothing but a bunch of NO DATA in my guide so came here to find out what was up. Everything "just worked" for me for so long that I hadn't checked here in a LONG time evidently.

Anyway, I made a copy of my SageTV V7 folder as a backup. I upgraded to V9 using the Windows Installer. It was so fast I thought maybe something didn't work. LOL During the computer reboot for all this, my server/HTPC was upgraded to Windows 10 Developer Mode or something so not sure if the problem I'm about to describe is related to that maybe or ?

With V9 running I still had NO DATA in the guide but SageTV tuned to that channel.

I then set out to get some guide data with Schedules Direct. I couldn't really figure out how to get the tuners I had to use the Schedules Direct guide but found a post where it mentioned to remove all the tuners and start over. I did this and all was well with my Silicone Dust Prime tuners. However, when I tried to setup my HD PVR (connected to my cablebox via component and SPDIF) I couldn't get past the point where it was telling me to point the remote to the my USB UIRT and hold the "0" key. Kept failing. I couldn't get away from this screen (maybe a bug in V9?) so just closed SageTV and told it to skip this part. Now, when I try to watch a channel that requires the HD PVR, I don't see the red light flashing on the USB UIRT like I'm used to and the cable box doesn't do anything BUT, SageTV will start watching/recording whatever channel the cablebox is set to.

I'm not sure if this is an issue caused by the V9 upgrade or something else so figured I'd post here. I looked at my old properties file and my new one for the HD PVR tuner and both look the same. On V9 when I go into the setup video sources it indicates it is using the USB UIRT to tune it even though I never got past the setup step. Hmm?

Anyway, does anybody have a recommendation on how get the USB UIRT to tune the HD PVR again or maybe what sections of a certain file I can copy over from my V7 backup?

Thanks!

Oh, and the only real issue (besides this) that I had with the V7 to V9 upgrade is that all my recordings sounded like a crappy old blah stereo recording. After some investing, for whatever reason, AC3 Filter got erased. I reinstalled AC3 Filter and I think my sound is back to being good on my 7.1 surround sound. No idea if AC3 Filter install going bad is related to the upgrade or not but thought I'd mention it
Old 07-18-2017, 08:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Your old .ir file should still be there for sage to use, so you shouldn't need to,teach it the buttons again, just select it from the list. Unfortunately, I can't recall exactly where to do this, and am not at home, but you should be able to Go into source setup, and choose your hdpvr, and in the right should be an option for tuning. Go there, choose the usbuirt, and the list of configured boxes should show up.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-18-2017, 09:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Your old .ir file should still be there for sage to use, so you shouldn't need to,teach it the buttons again, just select it from the list. Unfortunately, I can't recall exactly where to do this, and am not at home, but you should be able to Go into source setup, and choose your hdpvr, and in the right should be an option for tuning. Go there, choose the usbuirt, and the list of configured boxes should show up.
Hmm... I think that's what I've been doing but after I select the configured box (that I did a long time ago) it still has me do the thing where you hold down the "0" button on the remote. That keeps failing. I've tried the remote I use to control SageTV as well as my cablebox remote and neither will get me past this hold the "0" button screen???
Old 07-19-2017, 06:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Little update...

I got things sorted out! Not sure exactly what happened or why the USB-UIRT didn't "remember" the settings from V7. But, I think my problem with the remote check failing during the re-add of the HD PVR was because I had the remote too far away. Keep in mind that for me Sage just works so I don't spend a lot of time with "tinkering" and it was YEARS ago I set this up. Well, all the remotes work just fine from my couch so when I was doing the setup I was sitting on the couch. Don't know why but during the learning process the remote needs to be like a foot or less away from the USB UIRT. I found this out when I decided to just create a new cablebox rather than trying to use the old one I was using. During this process it has the USB UIRT learn the remote keys 0-9. Well, it didn't work unless I got right up next to it. After I did this and completed the setup with the different new name for the cablebox, it tuned my channels just fine!