SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Sage Icon

Exclamation Remote Issue - Help Needed

I have my SageTV set up to use the Silver Hauppauge Remote Control that came with my 250 PVR card. It works pretty good ... except ... I have a Phillips TV remote that allows me to switch from one input (rear coax for my cable input) and another (front RCA audio/video for my Sage input) using the A/V button .... So, if I want to swith from normal TV watching to SageTV, I press A/V. So, here's the problem ... I'm using the Hauppage Remote and navigating through the Sage menus with the up and down arrow buttons. After about 5 or 6 clicks up or down, boom ... I am back to normal TV as if I hit the A/V button on my Phillips Remote. To get back I simply press A/V again, but this gets annoying very quickly. Any suggestions??

Thanks ...
Old 07-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Administrator

Re: Remote Issue - Help Needed

Quote:
Originally posted by mightyt
I have a Phillips TV remote .... I'm using the Hauppage Remote and navigating through the Sage menus with the up and down arrow buttons. After about 5 or 6 clicks up or down, boom ... I am back to normal TV as if I hit the A/V button on my Phillips Remote.
This may not be what you wanted to hear, but you could: 1) get a new TV, 2) get a new remote and/or IR receiver for SageTV, or 3) cover the IR receiver on the TV so it won't get any stray commands.

The Hauppauge remote uses an IR protocol from Philips & it sounds like your Philips TV is using the same protocol, or at least something similar enough that it gets confused. I don't believe you can do much about dueling remotes except change one of them.

It may be possible to use a new remote with the Hauppauge receiver (see the link in my sig lines for replacing the remote), but you may have to do some code search trial & error to make sure you don't use any codes that the TV responds to. You may be better off getting something like the USB-UIRT and using it either directly with SageTV or via Girder -- that way, you could use another protocol that would not interfere with your TV. (The Hauppauge receiver can't decode any other protocol; it is not a universal receiver.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:51 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the suggestions Andy ... Guess I have several options to consider or stick with the wireless mouse I have been using thus far.

Now, I am going to tell my wife you recommended a new TV. Knew I'd find a way to get that 50" Plasma !!

Who would have thought it would have only taken a remote issue! Wishful thinking .....