SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sage TV problem

I finally have part of Sage TV partially working with my cable box (through a USB-UIRT blaster). The EPG within sage TV is the same as that of my digital cable box. When within Sage TV, I click on a show and then WATCH NOW, the channel changes on the cable box. HOWEVER there are 2 issues. One issue is that if i press "5" or "005"on my streamzap remote (meaning channel 5), the EPG doesn't do anything. So the only way i can change channels is to actually scroll down the EPG and then click on the program (showing that the USB-UIRT is working somewhat).

Issue @2: When I start Sage TV, it automatically changes to a channel, I thought sage TV was supposed to be on the same channel as my TV; not change the channel upon starup. How do I make Sage TV not change the channel upon startup? I don't even touch any remotes! (Sage TV was automatically changing to TBS, but now it's changing to channel 5 upon the last few startups)

I got the Sage TV bundle w/ 250MCE and Streamzap bundle from pcalchemy thinking everything would be easier.

FYI: I live in NYC, use Time Warner Digital Cable.

Also, for those who bought the same bundle as me: How did you get FM radio to work?
Old 07-17-2004, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

1) I think you need to press enter before the software registers your 5 or 005 as a channel change request.

2) Sage is really not meant to be asked to fight against someone else who is changing the channels on the cable box. It is changing to channel 5 because it is trying to record something on that channel.

3) FM Radio isn't supported by SageTV. There's a really dumb radio application that you can get from Hauppauge if you want to listen to the radio, but I don't think you can do so while SageTV is using the 350.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

by your answe for number 2, you are referring to the TIVO-like timeshifting right? Cause I am not really recording the show because if i was, i wouldn't exit out of Sage TV anyway

almost forgot to thank you for your answer to number 1. I am not used to pressing enter after pressing the numeric pad.

As a follow up: I am not understanding the functionality of SLEEP MODE. If I schedule a recording, then go into sleep mode, what still works and what doesn't in sleep mode?

Also: when setting a scheduled recording... I ran into 2 little problems. First: I few minutes before my recording was supposed to start, a window popped up asking if I wanted to change the channel. The second: At the time the recording was going to begin, another window popped up saying the recording conflicts with the watching of another show. Are schedule recordings supposed to be painless in sleep mode? OR are there settings I am supposed to tweak? Another note on the second problem, the show that conflicted with my recording wasn't even the show i was currently watching! It was "The Great Outdoor Games" on ABC. I hate that show too!

Last edited by mets3145; 07-17-2004 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

If, under Detailed Setup => Multimedia => Video Menu Options... you have that set to "Always" Display Video on Menues...

Then it will display a channel right away on start up (normally whatever the last channel you had watch for LiveTV).

Change that to "If Active" or "Never" depending on your needs.

If you have SageTV programmed to record a show and that time comes up while you are watching LiveTV, it will ask if it is OK to change channels so it can record whatever it was programmed to.

It has to do this if you only have one tuner card. However, even with multiple cards sometimes it does so even if it should not really need to (small kinker in the software I guess there).

When you put SageTV into "sleep" mode it will stop/end recording whatever you may have been watching for LiveTV, but it will continue to record any other shows it was programmed to record (favorites, manually selected, or Intelligent Recordings if you have that turned on).

Also, if you have SageTV set to full screen mode, sleep will display a screen saver. If it is not in full screen mode, sleep will minimize it to the system tray instead.

Last edited by mls; 07-17-2004 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

So if I want to record a show at 9 p.m. and it is 4 p.m. now, I would have to change to the channel of the show then put Sage TV into sleep mode, or i can just leave Sage TV on whatever channel it's on, and put Sage TV in sleep mode?
Old 07-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by mets3145
So if I want to record a show at 9 p.m. and it is 4 p.m. now, I would have to change to the channel of the show then put Sage TV into sleep mode, or i can just leave Sage TV on whatever channel it's on, and put Sage TV in sleep mode?
Go thru the Program guide, select the 9 p.m. show, and set to Record (or, if you have a remote set up, move to that show and use the program info butten and set Record).

You don't actually have to change to that channel, just select from the program guide.

If you the put it in sleep mode, it will record that show at 9 p.m.

On the other hand, if you only have one tuner card and you leave it running on LiveTV it will pop up the box asking if it is ok to change channels to record that show. If you do nothing, or are not there, it will assume it is ok to do so and automatically change channels and start recording the show.

You can find more information about how SageTV works in the FAQ section. There's a LOT of stuff covered there.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:31 PM
SageTVaholic

one thing I did not see covered was the fact that the hauppauge Radio application does not work with the PVR 250 MCE

I got it ti work with an ok application called Axife Fm player
http://www.shspvr.com/forum/viewtopi...axife&start=15
Old 07-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

What version of the radio application are you referring to? I downloaded the radio application a few hours ago and was listening to some radio stations. I'll try it again later to confirm the app isn't just a one time thing.

I think it's nice that I can program a bunch of stations within the app. There are FM1, 2, and 3 and I can go into double digits in the presets. I can give you the exact number but I hate permutations.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Administrator

If you use it for FM radio listening, be sure not to be using the radio when SageTV wants to record a TV show. Unless the newer cards have changed, you cannot use both tuners at the same time. If you try to record a TV show while listening to the radio, you will get a blank video with the radio's audio.

Edit: Also, if you turn off the SageTV screensaver, it will minimize to the tray when put to sleep while full screen, just like when it is run windowed.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.