SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Sage Expert

I want this! Please make it available for the DEFAULT skin!!!! This is the only thing mssing that I really want until I can do it MY way when Studio comes out!!

The perfect weather module!

Publish it as a separate plug in module. many Thanks!!

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 07-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry if I missed it, but anyone have an idea when this will be out for everyone?

My wife (the weather junkie) saw the examples and NOW says the HTPC was worth the money and time..... when the weather stuff is working :-)

Stacy
Old 07-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Sage Expert

My wife said the same thing... Maybe this is the app to give Sage priority over Tivo in our house!
Old 07-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah... When WILL this be out? Really looking forward to it!

Jason
Old 08-01-2004, 02:24 AM
Sage Expert

Looks good dude, any idea of an ETA?
Old 08-24-2004, 07:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Nielm's newly released STV supports the Weather Report Suite: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&threadid=7031
Old 09-23-2004, 08:49 AM
Sage User

Is there any way to get the weather information in the Metric system? Maybe grab weather info from http://www.theweathernetwork.com

This would be great for those who live in metric countries.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there any way to get the weather information in the Metric system?
Change units="s" to units="m"... at least that's the way it's supposed to work. I didn't do a lot of testing with metric.

<weatherreportsuite
navigateDelayMilliseconds="200"
imageScaleWidth="1.0"
units="s"
weatherSourceMaxAge="0.25">

Quote:
Maybe grab weather info from http://www.theweathernetwork.com
The architecture supports different weather providers. You'd have to code the "grabber" in Java. The source is on sourceforge in a project called "sagetvplugins".

If the provider doesn't provide as much information as weather.com it might look a little silly on the screen.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Metric works fine: I use it all the time! (see example config file delivered with my STV: weatherconfig_europe.xml)
Old 09-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by nielm
Metric works fine: I use it all the time! (see example config file delivered with my STV: weatherconfig_europe.xml)
I did install your stv but I kept everything defaulted since it was about 1:00 am I figured I'd try tonight. It works great in imperial though! I can't wait to try metric. I mean who knows how warm 68 F is anyways... Thanks to you both!!!

Last edited by CMfly; 09-23-2004 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have installed the weather report suite... I have even modified the "included" locations to fit my needs down here in Texas.

Everything works great, I have the local forecast for each city that I input into the xml file......

Problem: I cannot seem to get the radar maps (neither the "area" nor the "metro") to show up which by default means that I am unable to see the animated pics.

I merely went to accuweather.com searched for my city (Dallas) and went about replacing each setting for the original "DC" location with all of the internet locations for the files needed to populate the radar menu screens for Dallas, but it does not work....

help anyone

if I need to post the edited portion of the xml file I will, but the only thing I changed was the location of the need files to reflect Dallas instead of DC....
Old 09-24-2004, 02:43 AM
SageTVaholic

I will need to see your XML to check, but the area and metro views are 'local' views -- and the defined views need have a location attribute matching the location name you have defined.

Look at the original xml, and see that there are several area and metro views defined with location names matching the defined location names.

<view name="area" location="Pittsburgh"
<view name="area" location="DC"
<view name="area" location="NY"
Old 09-24-2004, 04:44 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMfly
I mean who knows how warm 68 F is anyways...
I would guess about 300 million americans
Old 09-24-2004, 07:57 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by turak
I would guess about 300 million americans
I was just joking but good guess anyway.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
I will need to see your XML to check...
here's the xml section for the animated radars to show up:
<view name="area" location="Flower Mound" speed="750" delay="3000" maxage="0.25">
<layer type="animation" name="base" href="http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nxss_r1_h_500x620d/r1h/inxr1kftws_h.gif" cropbottom="0.225806452" imageType="png"/>
<layer type="image" name="roads" href="http://vortex.accuweather.com/phoenix2/images/common/radar_layers/roads/kftw_roads.gif" imageType="png"/>
<layer type="image" name="cities" href="http://vortex.accuweather.com/phoenix2/images/common/radar_layers/cities/kftw_cities.gif" imageType="png"/>
<layer type="image" name="road markers" href="http://vortex.accuweather.com/phoenix2/images/common/radar_layers/markers/kftw_markers.gif" imageType="png"/>
</view>
<view name="metro" location="Flower Mound" speed="750" delay="3000" maxage="0.25">
<layer type="animation" name="base" href="http://sirocco.accuweather.com/adc_nxmos_640x480c/re2/inmremr_dfw.gif" imageType="png"/>
<layer type="image" name="roads" href="http://vortex.accuweather.com/phoenix2/images/common/metro_layers/roads/dfw_6x4_roads.gif" imageType="png"/>
<layer type="image" name="cities" href="http://vortex.accuweather.com/phoenix2/images/common/metro_layers/cities/dfw_6x4_cities.gif" imageType="png"/>
<layer type="image" name="road markers" href="http://vortex.accuweather.com/phoenix2/images/common/metro_layers/markers/dfw_6x4_int.gif" imageType="png"/>
</view>

Like I said before, all I changed was the url link to reflect that of Dallas, is this correct?

Also, I noticed that I cannot get the disk usage "look ahead" for the recordings to show up (the yellow part of the progress bar) It's REALLY weird, at first I could get it to show up to 36 hours ahead, then I shut down Sage to do some maintenance.... upon opening it again, the disk usage info was blank and would only show up to 24 hours ahead (after I changed it down to 24 from 36) Then I shut down Sage a different time, and now it will only show 12 hours ahead.... what's wrong with that picture?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-24-2004, 10:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Make sure the location attribute in those views matches the location name, and not the location label.

P.S. it would be easier and faster to troubleshoot these things if folks would just post the *entire* config file as an attachment when they have questions (slap a .txt extension on it to get the message board to accept it).
Old 09-24-2004, 10:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry, didn't know I could attach a file... DUH! here it is for you all to look at
Attached Files
File Type: txt weatherconfig.txt (15.4 KB, 174 views)
Old 09-24-2004, 10:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Make sure the location attribute in those views matches the location name, and not the location label.
Doh! As I wipe the egg off of my face, I recall there was a reason I provided separate name and label attributes for the location. The name attribute cannot have spaces or special characters.

So, change the name attribute of your locations, and change the location attributes of your views, such that they have no spaces or special characters... restart SageTV... and you should be good to go.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

COOL! I'll try that.... is an underscore a special character?

Also, you wouldn't have any ideas about the "disk usage" not showing the info for future recordings, would you?

Thanks again
Old 09-24-2004, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Underscore might be ok and it might not. I honestly can't remember at the moment exactly why this requirement exists! (and I'm only about 95% certain that it does, but the fact that you're having problems lends some credibility to my hazy recollection). You'll never see the name attribute outside of this file, so don't worry about making it pretty.

Sorry, I think you'll have to wait for Niel on the disk usage meter problem.