SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Sage Expert

Unhappy Temporary Lock up

I know this has been addressed, but I can't find the information.

At the end of each show SAGE 2.0 use to pause just for a second and continue running like normal.

That was then, this is now. Now it LOCKS up now for at least 10 seconds before running like normal. I don't loose any recording information, but it's very annoying and not very professional to have to explain, "Oh, it does this every 1/2 hour or hour".

SAGE responds to nothing, keyboard or remote until it has done it's thing and released the lock.

What is it, and how can I fix it?

I am running a PVR-250 (retail) and SAGE 2.0. Thants it. No Roslyn or blackbird cards.

Driver issue? DLL issue? SAGE issue??

Thanks for any input.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 07-12-2004, 10:28 AM
Sage Fanatic

Do you have SageTV v2.0.19, or the latest update 2.0.20?

The latest version was supposed to solve some problems, but might have created a few others.

I know Jeff is working on trying to solve a lot of problems and may also be trying to improve some of the speed/delay problems as well for a future update release.

What I think is slowing Jeff's progress down quite a bit is having to deal with the PVR-350 problems, the Blackbird/Roslyn card problems, along with various user system problems all at the same time while still trying to add in features others are asking for.

I have noticed in earlier versions that ,after a length of use, as the amount of video files it has to keep track of increased the delays also seemed to get longer (most like due to it trying to sort out its own database). I'll have to assume that Jeff is probably also trying to streamline that a bit too in a future upgrade.

For now, I'd say hunt around the forum for other tips (and of course read the FAQ section) about how to improve performance. If you can't find enough there, just keep asking. Someone in the forum will try to help as best they can.

Otherwise, just hang in there until the next upgrade comes out.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:43 AM
Sage Expert

Where is the link to the update? I could not find one on the home page.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 07-13-2004, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by broderp
Where is the link to the update?
See the thread: SageTV V2.0.20 Maintenance Release.

It contains links for the downloads. I believe the updates are complete install files.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:52 AM
Sage Expert

DUH! Do I feel stupid. I didn't think that the update was to just download and reinstall the entire thing. I was looking for a PATCH or small file!

Thanks Andy.

Old 07-13-2004, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Yeah, sometimes I look for a small patch too. BTW -- I don't remember which remote you are still using, but if you are using the Hauppauge software, don't choose to reinstall support for the Hauppauge remote or else your irremote.ini file will get overwritten with the default setup again. I always save that ini file before installing, just in case.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:06 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks again, I am still using the Hauppauge, but haven't changed any of the settings. (I'm contemplateing going with a JP1 remote.), so hopefully it will not matter. I'll skip it anyways just to be on the safe side.

Old 07-15-2004, 07:07 AM
Sage Expert

Seems to have fixed my issue. Thanks.

EDIT:
I want to elaborate a bit more in case this may help or mean something to someone.

SAGE 2.0 does NOT lock up for ANY amount of time. When watching recorded shows I can FF to the end and it quits normally. When I watch a show to the end it returns to the recorded show menu.

Most importantly, while watching "Live TV" , when one show ends (weather a favorite or not, there is NO delay or 10-20 second pause at end of recordeing or show. In fact it changes the channel (if needed) INSTANTLY with no delay.

I have had SAGE 2.0 for some reason cause my PC to reboot, but never associated these glitches with the delays. So far so good, and I'm playing around in the system like crazy, adding new MP3's for the JUKE BOX and learning where everything is as I anticipate trying one of the skins this weekend.

Last edited by broderp; 07-16-2004 at 07:42 AM.