SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:47 AM

V9 newbie - Is there a way to install plugins manually?

I've done a from-scratch install of V9. Got most things working with the exception of an audio glitch... more on that later.

I am now trying to get the Schedules Direct plugin working.

No luck, as it requires groovyTools which have been moved to a different repository.

I've downloaded what I think are the correct files, but I see no way to actually install them. I've tried copying the .jar files into the \sagetv\JARs folder, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there a way to manually install these files? Alternately, is there some way to update the plugin list so that it points to the new file repository?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nope.jpg (124.6 KB, 244 views)
Old 08-27-2016, 03:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Have you tried restarting Sage and trying the install again.

I have had plug-in installs seem to fail, but trying it a second time seems to work.

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:44 PM

No change. Looks like the problem is that the supplied SageTVPlugins.xml file points to packages which are are no longer being hosted on the googlecode.com site. I tried manually editing the file but it appears that Sage runs a check on the file before opening it and replaces my edited file with the original one.

Frustrating.

Surely there's a way to permanent ly replace that .xml file with a new one?
Old 08-27-2016, 09:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am having the same problem, for addons that are not being maintained right now but still work will someone move them to the correct repository? I'm mainly looking at pluggins by Slugger that seem to being this issue.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/sag...e=typ_redirect

Well they are still there, just not sure how to gracefully install them. I'm sure its been posted somewhere but my search is coming up empty, if anyone has any easy ways to install these plugins I'd greatly appreciate it(groovy included)

Last edited by Korny; 08-27-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:04 AM

yesss

I figured out a workaround.

I went to the to the SageTV install directory (%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\SageTV\SageTV\), then opened the SageTVPlugins.xml file with Notepad.

I replaced all instances of http://sagetv-addons.googlecode.com/files/
with https://sourceforge.net/projects/sagetv-addons/files. I did notice that the GroovyTools addin has been updated, so I manually pasted in the new URL and MD5 hash.

I saved the file then marked it as read-only. (During startup it appears that Sage generates an MD5 hash of the Plugins file and checks it for authenticity. If the file has been modified it downloads a new copy from <somewhere> and replaces it.)

I was then able to successfully install the needed plugins!

I've attached a copy of my modified SageTYPlugins XML file. (Renamed as .txt)

Next step is to figure out why the audio hangs when I stop playing video...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yesss.jpg (117.1 KB, 211 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageTVPluginsxml.txt (538.3 KB, 24113 views)
Old 08-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

No joy for me on a linux system, I set permissions to read only but it didn't seem to help. I didn't have time to look closer . Hopefully someone can update the plugin repository
Old 08-29-2016, 02:55 AM
Sage Icon

Trying doing it this way instead.

Save this file as SageTVPluginsDev.xml. It's a modified version of Everdraed's file which will take precedence over the downloaded SageTVPlugins.xml file

John
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageTVPluginsDevxml.txt (2.8 KB, 258 views)
Old 08-29-2016, 12:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

I put the SageTVPluginsDev.xml in the root server directory and restarted the server, still getting the error, am I missing a setting for it to be read or should it be read by default?
Old 08-30-2016, 04:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korny View Post
I put the SageTVPluginsDev.xml in the root server directory and restarted the server, still getting the error, am I missing a setting for it to be read or should it be read by default?
It should be in the directory that Sage is installed. Not the root.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry for the confusion, I meant root of the sage TV server, so for me /opt/sagetv/server
Old 07-19-2017, 07:52 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdraed View Post
I've done a from-scratch install of V9. Got most things working with the exception of an audio glitch... more on that later.

I am now trying to get the Schedules Direct plugin working.

No luck, as it requires groovyTools which have been moved to a different repository.

I've downloaded what I think are the correct files, but I see no way to actually install them. I've tried copying the .jar files into the \sagetv\JARs folder, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there a way to manually install these files? Alternately, is there some way to update the plugin list so that it points to the new file repository?
I may be missing something but, SD EPG is built right into the current version of Sage 9, no plugins needed!

It's an option for EPG source when setting up video sources. I dreaded the plugin config as well until I realized it was baked right in!

This is in Windows BTW, can't speak for linux
Clients: HD300

Have hardware like mine and need help? Just PM me
Old 07-19-2017, 08:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatz View Post
I may be missing something but, SD EPG is built right into the current version of Sage 9, no plugins needed!

It's an option for EPG source when setting up video sources. I dreaded the plugin config as well until I realized it was baked right in!

This is in Windows BTW, can't speak for linux
Old thread.. wasn't built in back then.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-19-2017, 09:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Old thread.. wasn't built in back then.
Yep. It was made available as a core feature about a month later.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 02-01-2023, 10:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

I know, moldy oldy thread, but i'm dealing with some other problems, and was researching why certain plugins weren't installing.

If you're like me you've upgraded through MANY versions of sage, check and see if you have an older 'SageTVPlugins.xml' file, AND the current 'SageTVPluginsV9.xml' file. If you do, the former might be your problem, as it was in my case. The older non-V9 file has older and non-working URLs in it, and for some reason is taking precedence over the newer V9 file. I renamed (and eventually deleted) the older file, and now no more install errors (namely, the Web Interface and it's nielm-sagexmlinfo-jars-1.4.1 dependent.)
Setup #7.6 Hyper-V (again!)
Hardware: Comcast Basic Digital Cable, (1) HDHR3-CC 20170815 firmware, 36GB "system" drive, 2TB laptop drives, a buttload of archive drives, HP DL380G6 2x X5660 processors (4 cores to VM), 4GB ram
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64, SageTV v9.1.2.662, Java v1.8.0_131, STV 2017052101, HD300 extenders
Old 02-01-2023, 12:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
I know, moldy oldy thread, but i'm dealing with some other problems, and was researching why certain plugins weren't installing.

If you're like me you've upgraded through MANY versions of sage, check and see if you have an older 'SageTVPlugins.xml' file, AND the current 'SageTVPluginsV9.xml' file. If you do, the former might be your problem, as it was in my case. The older non-V9 file has older and non-working URLs in it, and for some reason is taking precedence over the newer V9 file. I renamed (and eventually deleted) the older file, and now no more install errors (namely, the Web Interface and it's nielm-sagexmlinfo-jars-1.4.1 dependent.)
Interesting, I have both SageTVPlugins.xml and SageTVPluginsV9.xml files in my server directory. I did a search in my Sage.properties file, there are references in there pointing to both of the files. So I wonder what triggers Sage to use one file or the other?
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 02-01-2023, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Interesting, I have both SageTVPlugins.xml and SageTVPluginsV9.xml files in my server directory. I did a search in my Sage.properties file, there are references in there pointing to both of the files. So I wonder what triggers Sage to use one file or the other?
Stuckless wrote this code but I believe the v9 takes precedence IF the plugin name is the same and the version number is higher.

I have seen issues where a plugin is moved to the v9 repo but the version number is not increased so the v7 xml is used and the plugin fails.

k
Old 02-01-2023, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Stuckless wrote this code but I believe the v9 takes precedence IF the plugin name is the same and the version number is higher.

I have seen issues where a plugin is moved to the v9 repo but the version number is not increased so the v7 xml is used and the plugin fails.

k
Thank you for the explanation. So it seems like renaming/deleting the SageTVPlugins.xml might not be the best thing to do. Obviously, the correct solution would be to increase the version number for that plugin; until that happens, what would the best workaround be?
Old 02-01-2023, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I did not read this entire thread yet... Is there a specific plugin you want the version increased on?

I can likely male that happen.

k
Old 02-02-2023, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I did not read this entire thread yet... Is there a specific plugin you want the version increased on?

I can likely male that happen.

k
I'm not sure if you were addressing that question to me or hufnagel. I do not currently have an issue with a specific plugin; I was asking for future reference in case I do run into this situation. Since it could take some time to get the version increased, I was thinking there might be a temporary workaround so that the plugin could be installed and working in the meantime. Maybe something along the lines of updating the plugin location in the SageTVPlugins.xml file with the new location (from the SageTVPluginsV9.xml file).
Old 02-02-2023, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
I'm not sure if you were addressing that question to me or hufnagel. I do not currently have an issue with a specific plugin; I was asking for future reference in case I do run into this situation. Since it could take some time to get the version increased, I was thinking there might be a temporary workaround so that the plugin could be installed and working in the meantime. Maybe something along the lines of updating the plugin location in the SageTVPlugins.xml file with the new location (from the SageTVPluginsV9.xml file).
Sage will likely overwrite those two files on startup and or at some time while running or going into the plugins list.. Not sure when but best not to depend on editing them.

Correcting a version in the v9 repo is quick so the best method is let me know and I will do it as soon as I can but the best workaround is likely the sagetvpluginsdev.xml file as it always takes precedence over the other ones. It only needs to include the plugin manifests for the specific plugins you need to update the version or location etc.

Hope that helps.

k