SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

comskip help for Linux newbie

I have my server up and running and all of my channels mapped finally. By the way, thanks to everyone for the linux scripts and instructions. As a windows user I never would have thought I would have a headless linux server up and running but it was fairly painless.

This might be obvious for anybody more used to Linux but I am not clear on getting comskip running. I have seen different instructions from wine to docker and I am just not sure where to start. I got all of the recording directories set up correctly with appropriate permissions and installed the 2 comskip packages from within the Sage interface. I can think of two possibilities but I am not even sure how to check them in Linux. First would be that comskip is installed and running but not pointing to the correct folders. How do I check that? Is there an equivalent to the old web interface to set up folders, run times, etc. that exists in Windows? Or do I need to install anything else separately (like dirmon2).

BTW I can see the recordings in my directory but there are no edl files that is why I am assuming that comskip hasn't run against that recording yet.

Thanks a lot.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:36 PM
SageTVaholic

If you are using the docker I think it should work out of the box. I'm not an expert with that however.

If you just installed sage the "normal" way you must first install wine and the install the CommercialDector plugin. Then configure the plugin.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just set this up this morning so I can still remember what I did....

Ssh into your server: (I'm assuming with Putty)

# sudo apt-get install wine

That's all that's needed. Then like tmiranda said just install the comskip monitor plugin through the client. I left all the settings at default since wine installed in my home directory ie /home/me/.wine
Old 08-07-2016, 05:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Still not sure what's going on with this. I do have wine installed and comskip is working properly because I was able to manually run comskip and produce an edl file which worked fine on playback but the process is not running against new files.

I verified everything in the plugin configuration was correct (there is no way to set the directories to check so I assume it is checking all of the recording directories).
In the advanced configuration I selected scan for files. It added 1 to the queue and I saw a "CS" icon at the top of the screen which makes me think it was running but there was no edl output? But since it works manually I think it is something with the plugin not comskip itself but I'm not sure.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post
Still not sure what's going on with this. I do have wine installed and comskip is working properly because I was able to manually run comskip and produce an edl file which worked fine on playback but the process is not running against new files.

I verified everything in the plugin configuration was correct (there is no way to set the directories to check so I assume it is checking all of the recording directories).
In the advanced configuration I selected scan for files. It added 1 to the queue and I saw a "CS" icon at the top of the screen which makes me think it was running but there was no edl output? But since it works manually I think it is something with the plugin not comskip itself but I'm not sure.
Attach a logfile and I'll take a look. If you see the CS icon in the header it means comskip is running. In the config there is an option to show you wnat's in the queue. Look there and tell me what you see. I am guessing there is a large queue of files to process.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

sorry to be a dunce but I am not sure where to find the log on linux. I don't see it in the server/comskip folder.

Before I had only recorded 1 show. The plugin config still shows 1 job in the queue even though I had clicked scan all recordings a few hours ago. When I click on scan all recordings again it went up to 3 jobs in the queue (I only have 3 shows recorded - I am still using my old server for the most part). But under show jobs that are queued and clear jobs from queue they both say 0 and there is nothing to select.

I am going to set the log to verbose, record one more show and do a manual scan so if you can tell me where to find the log file I will attach it.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post
sorry to be a dunce but I am not sure where to find the log on linux. I don't see it in the server/comskip folder.

Before I had only recorded 1 show. The plugin config still shows 1 job in the queue even though I had clicked scan all recordings a few hours ago. When I click on scan all recordings again it went up to 3 jobs in the queue (I only have 3 shows recorded - I am still using my old server for the most part). But under show jobs that are queued and clear jobs from queue they both say 0 and there is nothing to select.

I am going to set the log to verbose, record one more show and do a manual scan so if you can tell me where to find the log file I will attach it.

Thanks a lot for your help.
I'm looking for the sage logfile located in the same directory as the executable. It's called "sagetv_0.txt".

Old 08-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you!

I found this in the log file:

wine: '/home/sage' is not owned by you, refusing to create a configuration directory there

I had set up a "sage" user that had access to all of the recording directories but apparently didn't have access to /home/sage for wine. I fixed that and all of the recordings in the queue were processed.

Thanks again
Old 10-22-2016, 06:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Unable to get comskip to run through UI

I am not able to run comskip through the Sage UI. I have attached a log. I think it might be my username. I can run comskip manually and it works fine. When I queue the files on the server they just sit in the the queue and when I run comskip on one recording nothing happens. There is a line in the log that says "unknown user: S" which may be the problem because my username is s (lowercase) not S. But I can't figure out a way to enter a lowercase letter in the "User Account to Run comskip" section. I also don't see where to manually change them in /opt/sagetv/server/comskip.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (419.0 KB, 93 views)
Old 10-22-2016, 04:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry. I found it in the Sage.properties file. I should have figured it would be in there.