SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Android MiniClient 1.0.5 - Released

Change Log
- Animation updates (less flicker)
- Fixed crash on Android N
- Updated libaries (ExoPlayer, IJKPlayer, and LibGDX) to latest versions

So the biggest things here is that I found a bug in the UI rendering that was causing the animations to be less smooth and would sometimes flicker, so hopefully that is fixed.

The libraries for ExoPlayer and IJKPlayer (and LibGDX -- UI library) has been updated to their latest versions... i think that is ExoPlayer 1.5.9, IJK 0.6, and libGDX 1.9.3).

This is published to the Play Store and Bintray.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Got the update. Couple of odd things with it, though. I had animations disabled since they were so weird with previous versions. Turns out that with this update it causes the menu's to not clear the screen if video is playing (I thought video was totally not working, but when I backed out to the main Sage menu video was indeed playing). When I turned animations back on it mostly works but there is definitely some weirdness there with artifacts being left behind on the screen but when the animation "finishes" it clears out ok - mostly an improvement over the previous behavior for sure, though.

Last edited by DarkWolf77; 08-01-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

With this update I get bits of the menu and sometimes all of the menu covering the Video it appears it is not clearing the navigation screens. Screen Attached sound is playing but no Video.

Using ShieldTV.

PS I uninstalled 1.05 went back to 1.04 and everything works.

PSS I had to turn off auto update.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160801_095240.jpg (705.9 KB, 292 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 08-01-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf77 View Post
Got the update. Couple of odd things with it, though. I had animations disabled since they were so weird with previous versions. Turns out that with this update it causes the menu's to not clear the screen if video is playing (I thought video was totally not working, but when I backed out to the main Sage menu video was indeed playing). When I turned animations back on it mostly works but there is definitely some weirdness there with artifacts being left behind on the screen but when the animation "finishes" it clears out ok - mostly an improvement over the previous behavior for sure, though.
Sadly I didn't do any testing with Animations disabled It appears the things are not getting cleared when animations are disabled, which is too bad I'll look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
With this update I get bits of the menu and sometimes all of the menu covering the Video it appears it is not clearing the navigation screens. Screen Attached sound is playing but no Video.

Using ShieldTV.

PS I uninstalled 1.05 went back to 1.04 and everything works.

PSS I had to turn off auto update.
Do you have animations disabled?
Old 08-01-2016, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes I always disable animation ... even on my PC Clients.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Yes I always disable animation ... even on my PC Clients.
I created a 1.0.6 with a configuration option "Animations Disabled?" in the Setting screen. If you disable animations in SageTV, then enable this option, and it should fix the rendering issues. This is a temp solution until I can find more time to research what is happening.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I created a 1.0.6 with a configuration option "Animations Disabled?" in the Setting screen. If you disable animations in SageTV, then enable this option, and it should fix the rendering issues. This is a temp solution until I can find more time to research what is happening.
That worked.

Thank You
Old 08-01-2016, 09:04 PM
SageTVaholic

With animations turned on this update is WAY better for me.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Change Log
- Animation updates (less flicker)
- Fixed crash on Android N
- Updated libaries (ExoPlayer, IJKPlayer, and LibGDX) to latest versions

So the biggest things here is that I found a bug in the UI rendering that was causing the animations to be less smooth and would sometimes flicker, so hopefully that is fixed.

The libraries for ExoPlayer and IJKPlayer (and LibGDX -- UI library) has been updated to their latest versions... i think that is ExoPlayer 1.5.9, IJK 0.6, and libGDX 1.9.3).

This is published to the Play Store and Bintray.

Just wanted to chime in and say a big Thank You for all your effort on this. Never thought I'd see SageTV running this well on a tablet. This will be a big hit with the rest of the family.

Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).
Old 09-03-2016, 11:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just picked up an Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 to replace my dead Kindle Fire HD. (Said Kindle started working again as soon as I placed the order, of course.) The Android MiniClient was the first thing I installed. Still trying to figure out the interface (Nvidia game controller helps!), but no major problems so far.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:27 PM
Sage User

Exoplayer mode with No Audio

I just discovered your SageTV mini client Android app v.1.0.11. I am running it on a Android TV STB called the Tanix TX5, running Android 6. The server is SageTV v9.

The app works quite well, but when I enable Exoplayer mode in the app settings, playback has no audio. And occasionally the screen is black if I start playback mid way into the video.

I was wondering if this a known issue with the app when using Exoplayer mode? Or is it just a general issue with Exoplayer on some Android devices?

I'm curious if you had any insight into why this might be. I'm also curious what advantages Exoplayer mode has over the "normal" mode of the app. The UI seems smoother and slightly faster, unless it's my imagination.

Thanks for your reply, and for sharing this app with us!
Old 11-16-2016, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey View Post
I just discovered your SageTV mini client Android app v.1.0.11. I am running it on a Android TV STB called the Tanix TX5, running Android 6. The server is SageTV v9.

The app works quite well, but when I enable Exoplayer mode in the app settings, playback has no audio. And occasionally the screen is black if I start playback mid way into the video.

I was wondering if this a known issue with the app when using Exoplayer mode? Or is it just a general issue with Exoplayer on some Android devices?

I'm curious if you had any insight into why this might be. I'm also curious what advantages Exoplayer mode has over the "normal" mode of the app. The UI seems smoother and slightly faster, unless it's my imagination.

Thanks for your reply, and for sharing this app with us!
ExoPlayer is an experimental player. It only supports hardware decoding, whereas IJKPlayer (the default) supports pretty much anything (will use hardware decoding if available, but will use software if not). I don't consider ExoPlayer to be ready in terms of general playback, but maybe some day, it'll be there.