SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
I replaced the jar files and restarted the server. Here is the log file
Thanks. Can you tell me what you said to the Alexa?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Sage Expert

I said " Alexa, open sagetv", then Go to TV, Then "Go to Videos".
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
I replaced the jar files and restarted the server. Here is the log file
I don't see any errors in this logfile. Did the Echo do what you expected it to do or not?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,
Is the skill working with amazon UK?
Thanks
Paul
Old 10-21-2017, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukka View Post
Hi,
Is the skill working with amazon UK?
Thanks
Paul
No, sorry. Last time I checked it was a difficult process. I had to manually copy a bunch of data from one place to another and then maintain two sets of data. Ugly, and no way to automate the process.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
This should be possible but there is bug in the Amazon API that prevents me from doing it. Once the bug is fixed I will work on it some more.

I know I will not have time until late summer.
Just wanted to check in again and see if you have been able to make any more progress with adding more functionality to searching. When I asked about six months ago you mentioned there was a bug you were waiting for Amazon to fix... Thanx!
Old 01-31-2019, 02:18 AM
Sage User

On the Fire TV cube

First I would like to say that, considering the cube didn't exist until June 2018, I am very impressed this app works as well as it does with the cube. That's not to say I don't have a wish list, or possibly need the secret password to get it to do what I would like it to do.

I am more interested in the command feature, than anything else. Its seems a better approach to me than additional hardware to voice emulate a remote. And if everything listed in detail setup->commands->link IR/Keystroke to SageTV worked, then I personally have no need for the other features of the app.

I found I could use most of the linkable commands as listed in the setup. The one thing I could not figure out how to do is use numpad-0 through numpad-9. All my attempts ended as something so unlike what I said that I was stunned, it sounded like you said what else can I do, or do you want to change the port number? or a very long list of hints. If numpads can done, then the guide could to jump to a channel and the native ui search could be used.

Assuming these can be technically done, there is any interest in it, and tom hasn't unfriended everyone with name Alexa on facebook … Here is my wish list.

flush out the linkable commands, at least the digits, or tell me how to do it.

limit the long list of hints to the specific question what can I do in sagetv. Attempting to interrupt it often causes the app to exit, and it often goes off cause I talk too slow.

If there is way to increase the time that one has to finish a sentence.

If there is a way to rewind by time, maybe leverage smooth FF/REW? Most of the streaming apps I have downloaded have that ability (really low priority for me, but a nice one)
Old 01-20-2022, 08:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Amazon Echo plug-in dead I guess?

Even though it’s still in the Plug-ins repository, it’s dead, right?
I tried to install it today and it was a big no candoo.
Anyone else know if someone else has picked the coding for this up? I imagine dealing with Amazon was the problem….
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 01-29-2022, 10:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am also wandering if it is still working. Did not realize this existed until doing my new build and seen this. I have alexa controlling my house and thought if this is still workable, I would install it.
Wayne
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's
Old 01-29-2022, 11:06 AM
SageTVaholic

I have to think it wouldn't work any more since it is over five years old and there are often changes in the Echo Skill API that may break this.

What functionality were you looking for? If it is just turning Sage (plus your TV) on and off that can often be accomplished by other skills, like Harmony remote or Control4. I use voice commands via Control4 as in "Alexa, turn kitchen Sage on". But once it is on I use a remote.

If it is searching for shows and movies that would be a bit trickier. But it should be doable if someone wanted to maintain it. The great thing about Sage is that the Web API and SageX API make if very easy to control Sage programmatically.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Really nothing, I have alexa doing quite a bit now thru my ir extender now thru learned ir codes. Just thought if it was still good I would load it and make use of it.
Thanks for the reply
Wayne
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's