SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:09 AM
SageTVaholic

New Version

I deployed a new version:
  • Tests to make sure the latest plugin is installed.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause errors if more than two people where using the skill at the same time.
  • Fixed an error that would cause playback to sometimes fail if the user uttered "watch" instead of "play".
  • Better checking for an exact show match when the user says "watch" or play".
  • Added more debugging when parsing JSON to catch any differences between Java 7 and Java 8 Objects.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
Could this be made to handle SSL connections?
I started working on this code. Can I use your machine to test? If so PM me your locator ID and the port info.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I introduced a bug in the last version. I will fix it tomorrow.

To whoever was trying to watch "Elementary" - You need to update the plugin on your server.
I checked the server and it seems to be on the latest plugin .03 I also verified that the js file is in the sagex folder. Anything else I can check?

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 01-22-2017, 11:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman View Post
I checked the server and it seems to be on the latest plugin .03 I also verified that the js file is in the sagex folder. Anything else I can check?
First, what version of Java are you running on your server?

Look at the "echoFunctions.js" file in the sagex/services directory. The first line after the comments should be: var ver = "201701081"; Let me know if it isn't.

Check that both plugins; "Sage for Echo" and "Sage For Echo Functions" are at 0.03.

Try uninstalling both and then reinstalling Sage For Echo.

Thanks for helping me debug this. I know why you can't play videos and thought I had fixed it. I'd like to get to the bottom of why this is broken for you.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
First, what version of Java are you running on your server?

Look at the "echoFunctions.js" file in the sagex/services directory. The first line after the comments should be: var ver = "201701081"; Let me know if it isn't.

Check that both plugins; "Sage for Echo" and "Sage For Echo Functions" are at 0.03.

Try uninstalling both and then reinstalling Sage For Echo.

Thanks for helping me debug this. I know why you can't play videos and thought I had fixed it. I'd like to get to the bottom of why this is broken for you.
echoFunctions is at ver = "201701081";
Java is 1.7.0_80
Al plugins are up to date except for SageTV Web Interface which is at 3.0 - there is an update (downgrade to old version) to ver 3.1 available

I uninstalled both echo plugins and reinstalled and it is still not letting me play a show by name.

Thanks

Old 01-22-2017, 12:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
echoFunctions is at ver = "201701081";
Java is 1.7.0_80
Al plugins are up to date except for SageTV Web Interface which is at 3.0 - there is an update (downgrade to old version) to ver 3.1 available

I uninstalled both echo plugins and reinstalled and it is still not letting me play a show by name.

Thanks
Try unzipping the attached and putting it into the sagex/services directory on your server. Back up your existing echoFunctions.js file in case you need to go back.
Attached Files
File Type: zip echoFunctions.zip (5.5 KB, 109 views)

Old 01-27-2017, 07:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Try unzipping the attached and putting it into the sagex/services directory on your server. Back up your existing echoFunctions.js file in case you need to go back.
I tried this new file but the skill could never connect, it says that the server is offline. I put the old file back, restated and the same thing.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I tried this new file but the skill could never connect, it says that the server is offline. I put the old file back, restated and the same thing.
It can't resolve your locator ID into an IP address. This means you may have entered it incorrectly or you have not opened up the port needed for the placeshifter to work. Make sure port 31099 is opened and forwarded to your Sage server.

I don't think I ever put this in the instructions

I will PM you the locator ID that the skill sees. Let's make sure that's correct.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:53 AM
SageTVaholic

A quick status update:

In an effort to make the skill more stable across platforms (OS and Java versions) I'm rewriting some of the code from JavaScript to Java. This is taking a bit of time but will be worth the effort.

Also, I'm waiting for Amazon to fix a bug that is preventing me from adding additional capabilities. I have no idea how long they will take to fix it.

I'll keep you posted.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Youtube Videos

I have noticed with Echo that it detects the videos downloaded by the new YouTube plugin but when you tell it to play them it can't. It just plays Live Tv or what ever is currently recording. However, it says it's playing it. Assuming it's related to the field being used to look up the "recording" to play.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleNT View Post
I have noticed with Echo that it detects the videos downloaded by the new YouTube plugin but when you tell it to play them it can't. It just plays Live Tv or what ever is currently recording. However, it says it's playing it. Assuming it's related to the field being used to look up the "recording" to play.
I would blame it on the developer who wrote the Youtube plugin
Old 02-03-2017, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Are you importing the downloaded videos into the database as airings?

Old 02-03-2017, 01:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I would blame it on the developer who wrote the Youtube plugin
Me too. That dude hasn't got a clue.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:34 PM
SageTVaholic

I have heard Alexa complain about an incompetent programmer, I wonder how she knows that?
Old 02-03-2017, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I have heard Alexa complain about an incompetent programmer, I wonder how she knows that?
Let me know when you hear that. It means there was an internal error.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:57 PM
SageTVaholic

I haven't heard that much recently but I haven't had too much chance to play with the skill as I am focusing on getting my unRAID server working and configuring STB tuning, which is a bit of work.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Are you importing the downloaded videos into the database as airings?
Yep... I set a couple of shows as "Favorites" so I don't have to go hunting for them.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:33 PM
SageTVaholic

New Version

Version 0.05 is available.

This version includes a major overhaul of how the echo interacts with the Sage server. I have replaced a lot of the JavaScript with pure Java to avoid errors that were occurring due to different Java versions installed.

Other updates:
  • Implemented Pause and Resume.
  • Fixed bug that prevented IsDoingLibraryImportScan from working.
  • Added debug code to detect null IP after looking it up from the locator.
  • If the user opens the skill, tell him the server is down and continue the session.
  • If user asks to play "next", and there were no airings in focus, play the first.
  • Started adding SSL support.
  • Started adding support to automatically update echoFunctions plugin.

Old 02-05-2017, 03:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yep... I set a couple of shows as "Favorites" so I don't have to go hunting for them.
Can you update the plugin and then send me a log?

Old 02-07-2017, 10:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Finally had a chance to set this up. It's pretty amazing to be able to speak to Sage via Alexa! Thanks for your work on this.

I did have a small issue with entering my locator ID. The first time I started, Alexa told me that I had already entered 10 digits for the ID. When I asked "what's the locator?" she spelled out "NO_LOCATOR". After telling her to reset the locator, it was reset to the same value. I ended up having to say "no" multiple times for her to erase the "NO_LOCATOR" characters so that I could enter my real locator ID.

Otherwise, I'm having a lot of fun talking to Sage.