SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:20 AM
Sage User

Windows 10 - Sage9 Wakes But Doesn't Record

I've had this happen a couple times in the last week, and I think I've sorted out why it's been happening.

My PC would wake to record a scheduled program, but then the program would never actually record. In one case, the PC just went back to sleep a couple minutes after waking. Last night, the PC just stayed awake all night and never recorded. In both cases, the next time I went to use Sage, it had locked up with a spinning circle icon.

Looking through the Event Viewer, in both instances, Windows Update installed KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) immediately after the PC woke and before recording started. Despite successfully installing this package, Windows Update just keeps installing it over and over (10x since Jan 13th). I'm guessing this is interfering with Sage's recording process.

Anyhow, here's the fix:
- Go into Apps & Features in Control Panel
- Click "Modify" for "Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.61030)
- Click "Repair"
- Reboot

(Source - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d-cf85a4615c5b)
Old 01-19-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerbrad View Post
I've had this happen a couple times in the last week, and I think I've sorted out why it's been happening.

My PC would wake to record a scheduled program, but then the program would never actually record. In one case, the PC just went back to sleep a couple minutes after waking. Last night, the PC just stayed awake all night and never recorded. In both cases, the next time I went to use Sage, it had locked up with a spinning circle icon.

Looking through the Event Viewer, in both instances, Windows Update installed KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) immediately after the PC woke and before recording started. Despite successfully installing this package, Windows Update just keeps installing it over and over (10x since Jan 13th). I'm guessing this is interfering with Sage's recording process.

Anyhow, here's the fix:
- Go into Apps & Features in Control Panel
- Click "Modify" for "Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.61030)
- Click "Repair"
- Reboot

(Source - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d-cf85a4615c5b)
As rule you should downlaod and apply both 32/64x Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable
Old 01-21-2016, 09:13 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
As rule you should downlaod and apply both 32/64x Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable
Some people in the Microsoft thread I quoted said you should repair both the 32 & 64 bit versions. I only repaired the 64 bit (both are installed), and it seemed to fix the problem.

And for good measure, I went into Group Policy Editor and told Windows 10 to only install updates at a specified time in the middle of the night, so it wouldn't interfere with any of my recordings.

Instructions here (about halfway down the page): http://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-...ading-updates/
Old 01-21-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerbrad View Post
Some people in the Microsoft thread I quoted said you should repair both the 32 & 64 bit versions. I only repaired the 64 bit (both are installed), and it seemed to fix the problem.

And for good measure, I went into Group Policy Editor and told Windows 10 to only install updates at a specified time in the middle of the night, so it wouldn't interfere with any of my recordings.

Instructions here (about halfway down the page): http://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-...ading-updates/
Ahh yes that can be bit problem with auto update