SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:28 PM
Sage User

STVEVRPrstr.dll registration issue

ok.. I've just set up a new Server.. older box but sufficient. it's a fully patches windows 2008 R2.

Every time I try to install v9.0.4.232 i goes along fine until I get this..

Module C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVEVRPrstr.dll failed to register, HRESULT -2147024770.

I've tried to register it manually using both regsvr32's.. one from c:\Windows\System... AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Edit:
I have installed the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows.... and cleaned out the registry..

any ideas?

Cheers
Hotliner

Last edited by Hotliner; 05-12-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotliner View Post
ok.. I've just set up a new Server.. older box but sufficient. it's a fully patches windows 2008 R2.

Every time I try to install v9.0.4.232 i goes along fine until I get this..

Module C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVEVRPrstr.dll failed to register, HRESULT -2147024770.

I've tried to register it manually using both regsvr32's.. one from c:\Windows\System... AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Edit:
I have installed the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows.... and cleaned out the registry..

any ideas?

Cheers
Hotliner
Take a look at the last note in the first post here....

k
Old 05-23-2016, 06:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

My v9 attempt=failure

I messed around with installing v9 this weekend on top of v7 on a Windows10 x64 system and things did not go smoothly for me. I ended up restoring my HTPC to a previous condition for a working v7. I did run the v9 install twice, consecutively to make sure everything installed, but it didn't seem to matter. I'll list my issues below, I have a feeling my problems are user error, but would like to check.

1. I have two keys for Sage - an original license (from v2 I think) and an upgrade license (v5?). Which license is the appropriate one for keeping the EPG guide. I used the original one, but it didn't give any indication if it was valid or not. Reading the FAQ - I think this should work. Can anyone confirm?

2. On first load, the SageTV splash screen got stuck on "Object Database Backup is initializing..." Per this thread, I deleted the lucene-core-3.0.1.jar. That fixed my issue and Sage booted to the main screen, but is deleting this file the correct fix?

3. My Recordings folder was empty. All my previous recordings were transferred over to Videos. My Recordings folder was set properly in the settings, but for some reason Sage v9 thought all my Recordings were Imported Videos

4. The EPG stayed blank, there was no guide data carried over from v7, and it did not appear to be updating. I did not receive any error messages. Maybe this is related to my issues #1.

Looking forward to upgrading to v9, but any ideas what went wrong on my initial try?
Old 05-23-2016, 07:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like there was an issue in upgrading your wiz.bin database to the v9 format. That would explain why none of your recordings were showing as recordings anymore (though they'd still be found and imported as videos). It could have been an issue with the old lucene plugin being in there (lucene is now a part of the core in v9), but I honestly don't know the exact symptoms if it is left in.

Aside from the database issue, it seems like your upgrade worked, since it seemed v9 was up and running, just without the old database info. It might be worth giving it another shot, making sure to get rid of the lucene file before starting up the new server. If all else fails, and you can get back to where you were previously (v9 installed, but without proper database info), you should be able to shut down the service completely, and copy the backed up v7 wiz.bin file to wiz.bin. Then when you start up the service, it should try to upgrade the database again - this time it might go smoother.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-17-2016, 06:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Fuzzy, I tried the complete upgrade again and this time it worked fine. I should have uninstalled all my plugins in V7 before the upgrade. After going back, I know several of them were incompatible with V9.

Seems to be working well now. Next step...going to a Sever-Client setup.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Using SageTVSetup_9.0.4.232_RC1.000.exe attempted to install on my SageTV v7 server running on Windows 7 32-bit. Lots of things failed to register. The suggested KB fix didn't help as it said there was nothing to upgrade. Did more research that found that I was using a very old Windows 7 install that did not have Service Pack 1 installed. Once I was on SP1, SageTVSetup ran without problems and my server is now running v9 apparently without a hitch. If it's not already mentioned somewhere, somebody needs to add a warning that Windows 7 SP1 is needed for this install.

Also used this installer to install v9 on a client PC (Win 7 64-bit SP1) over v7. (I run a regular install with the "-client" command line rather than the dedicated client version.) Install went off without a hitch. v9 seems to work fine but inherited some old glitches from the v7 install. (Glitches like if I go from windowed to full screen or back while playing a video, playback goes black until I stop and play again. If I pause the video before going from windowed to full screen or back, playback keeps working, but volume goes to 100%. If I mute the volume first, sometimes it won't unmute, etc.)

Uninstalled SageTV from client PC and deleted the SageTV folder. Installed v9 from scratch. Glitches are gone and it seems to run smoother, but of course I'm working to get all my settings back the way I like them. Only found a few video files that won't play now that used to play under v7. I'm not sure what an OGM file is anyway. I don't know if this is a v9 problem or just not having the right drivers as I re-installed Windows on this machine not long ago and still don't have everything reloaded. I unfortunately did not think to try playing exotic video files while I have v9 installed over v7.

Now I wish I had tried this months ago!
Old 08-22-2016, 02:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just tried installing the Windows Client on a Windows 10 64-bit install of Windows. It still requires the Visual C++ 2010 redistributable package rather than the 2015 package. I got a "jvm.dll is missing" and to install the JRE 1.4 environment. The client install did install the 1.7 JRE and it was working. As soon as I got the 2010 redistributable in place and reinstalled, things worked normally. This was noted as a possible problem in this thread but it should be noted here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63009
Old 09-20-2016, 06:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

when you update the installer to 9.0.7 (windows) can we just install 9.0.7 over 9.0.4?
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 09-20-2016, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
when you update the installer to 9.0.7 (windows) can we just install 9.0.7 over 9.0.4?
That should just about always be the expectation. I don't think we would ever intend a more convoluted approach than that.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-20-2016, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
That should just about always be the expectation. I don't think we would ever intend a more convoluted approach than that.
The design is that as long as at least the 3rd digit is greater then the version is greater and then it will upgrade. So 9.0.7 is greater than 9.0.4 so yes.

The installer keeps track of individual file versions as well and in theory will only update things that have changed....and never overwrite settings or the wiz.

Now to find time to build one.

k
Old 09-25-2016, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Updated Installer for 9.0.8.423

I have built and uploaded another installer release.

Windows Files

Only minor changes in the installer itself including a Technotrends driver we received permission to include and a few other minor changes.

The main reason is the new functionality in 9.0.8.423 mentioned here...

Note: if upgrading from 9.0.4.x to this version just run the installer over the exiting install.

Please continue to report all issues here.

Thanks
k
Old 09-25-2016, 11:43 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks, really useful. Any plans to include builds for Client and Placeshifter?

Duh, sorry, I see they are there now. I was just a bit quick off the mark...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients

Last edited by rickgillyon; 09-25-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post

Windows Files

Only minor changes in the installer itself including a Technotrends driver we received permission to include and a few other minor changes.

Note: if upgrading from 9.0.4.x to this version just run the installer over the exiting install.

Thanks
k
Great Job Thank You. Installed flawlessly. SDEPG works.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Windows Files

Thanks
k
I've never run the new installer, my system is still an "upgraded" v7 install. Can I run this over it or do I need to do something else?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:21 AM
Sage Expert

I installed this update to a sagetv7.19 registered system, updated to sage 9.04, now updated to 9.08 release. I also had Gemstone installed, and Schedule direct installed.

After restarting sage, my main screen looked like when i first installed gemstone. I clicked to use gemstone and found all custom views and settings are back to default, although menu items I created exist..

Normal sagetv functions like schedulesdirect program guide, favorites, watched items all kept my settings. I just had to recreate all gemstone views.

This is not a "Complaint about the updated Windows install", just an FYI.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I've never run the new installer, my system is still an "upgraded" v7 install. Can I run this over it or do I need to do something else?
Yes. Many have. Typically as some of the files have been manually "upgraded" you will need to run the installer a second time and select repair to force the manually upgraded files to be replaced.

Of course....ensure you have a copy of the Sagetv folder as always.

k
Old 09-26-2016, 12:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
I installed this update to a sagetv7.19 registered system, updated to sage 9.04, now updated to 9.08 release. I also had Gemstone installed, and Schedule direct installed.

After restarting sage, my main screen looked like when i first installed gemstone. I clicked to use gemstone and found all custom views and settings are back to default, although menu items I created exist..

Normal sagetv functions like schedulesdirect program guide, favorites, watched items all kept my settings. I just had to recreate all gemstone views.

This is not a "Complaint about the updated Windows install", just an FYI.
This is interesting....as time permits I will try to reproduce.

k
Old 09-26-2016, 01:25 PM
Sage Expert

I guess I spoke too soon. When it got to the time to update the program guide, it tells me the license number is incorrect. I was using Schedules direct before. Now I removed tuners and am trying to reinstall them, but it doesn't give me option to use schedule direct or update license number(which shouldn't matter). It is stuck on the screen after entering the zip code where it has been downloading the program guide for the last 1/2 hour. I have recordings coming so I'll have to restore my system.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Tried the 9.0.8.423 installer on a clean Windows 10 system with an original purchased license - everything went OK except when I try to add sources (HDHR OTA) I cannot connect to the EPG Server after entering the zip code. I checked and the installer created the license environment variable, so not sure why I can't contact the EPG server unless it is down but I tried forcing an EPG update from another (about to be replaced) Sage Server and it was succesful so I think there may be another problem - any input is appreciated - thanks! NEVER MIND - PROBLEM FOUND: Firewall was blocking port 7760 from getting out - I can now get to the EPG server.

Last edited by Telecore; 09-26-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes. Many have. Typically as some of the files have been manually "upgraded" you will need to run the installer a second time and select repair to force the manually upgraded files to be replaced.

Of course....ensure you have a copy of the Sagetv folder as always.

k
OK. I think I found my weekend geek project

I think I will also look into getting a Windows build environment setup.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.