SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-03-2018, 01:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

So in the log I noticed "The channel '1742' does not have a frequency on the lineup 'qam_hdhomerun_1073439b". Attached is the qam_hdhomerun_1073439b.properties from the lineup directory. I'm not sure how it is generated or what it should look like.
Attached Files
File Type: txt qam_hdhomerun_1073439b.properties.txt (4.5 KB, 154 views)
i5-6400, MSI B150M Micro ATX MB, 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 - WD Green 2TB SATA Drives, Lite-On SATA 4X Blu-ray Reader, Corsair 400W 80+ Power Supply, Silverstone Sugo SG02-BF MicroATX Case, Windows 10 (64), HDHR Dual X2, Quatro and Prime, 5 x HD300 + 2 x HD100
Old 11-03-2018, 04:35 PM
SageTVaholic

1) Is there a Ceton tuner installed in some computer on your home network, the same network that the Quatro is on?

2) Is the Ceton tuner installed in the same machine that you are using to try and get the Quatro working in SageTV?
Old 11-03-2018, 04:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
1) Is there a Ceton tuner installed in some computer on your home network, the same network that the Quatro is on?

2) Is the Ceton tuner installed in the same machine that you are using to try and get the Quatro working in SageTV?
I did have a working Ceton tuner until 2 or 3 weeks ago. It stopped working; I removed the card and uninstalled the software.
i5-6400, MSI B150M Micro ATX MB, 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 - WD Green 2TB SATA Drives, Lite-On SATA 4X Blu-ray Reader, Corsair 400W 80+ Power Supply, Silverstone Sugo SG02-BF MicroATX Case, Windows 10 (64), HDHR Dual X2, Quatro and Prime, 5 x HD300 + 2 x HD100
Old 11-03-2018, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay, because remnants of a Ceton tuner are showing up in your log, and that is one thing that may be creating the tuning [frequency] confusion. I think OpenDCT somehow sees that tuner on initial configuration and it may have a negative impact on how the Quatro is tuned.

Make sure that you don't have any other tuners on your test system, and aren't attempting to use Premium TV and Antenna TV on the Quatro at the same time.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

I see that. It is even showing up on machines that did not have the ceton card in them (I guess OpenDCT made them into networked tuners). I'm not sure what I can do to further purge Ceton from my system. Are there registry keys OpenDCT uses?
Old 11-03-2018, 09:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I checked and it was set to true. I changed it back to false and it didn't help. The recordings are still very pixelated. Log attached.
We're still dropping packets like crazy. I'm not sure what else to have you do other than try a different NIC (preferably an Intel NIC).
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 11-04-2018, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo View Post
I see that. It is even showing up on machines that did not have the ceton card in them (I guess OpenDCT made them into networked tuners). I'm not sure what I can do to further purge Ceton from my system. Are there registry keys OpenDCT uses?
I don't know, but I'm thinking that if you would set this up on a machine that never had a Ceton card in it, you would be mirroring my setup and we'd have the best chance at getting this running. Ceton actually installs the device as a network encoder, which is why OpenDCT sees it. If it's not installed or running on the network, other PC's on the network should not be able to see it, and should have no record of it.

You sure you have the Windows Defender Firewall SERVICE completely disabled, and after rebooting, checking to make sure?

Your log files aren't throwing any Java errors, and the Windows 10 firewall is the only other thing my install had issue with. And possibly the ceton card being on the network I suppose, never confirmed that.

Next time you take a run at this, please post the OpenDCT and the Sagetv log file from the same run.

Last edited by KryptoNyte; 11-04-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
We're still dropping packets like crazy. I'm not sure what else to have you do other than try a different NIC (preferably an Intel NIC).
If there's any networking equipment (switches, etc) in the path, it might be worth rebooting them. I've got a couple of Trendnet 24-port switches that occasionally start eating packets for no apparent reason.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Something weird is happening for sure. It's a brand new machine with an Intel NIC onboard. When I checked for dropped packets (using ifconfig, or something like that) the output tells me there are no dropped packets.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I don't know, but I'm thinking that if you would set this up on a machine that never had a Ceton card in it, you would be mirroring my setup and we'd have the best chance at getting this running. Ceton actually installs the device as a network encoder, which is why OpenDCT sees it. If it's not installed or running on the network, other PC's on the network should not be able to see it, and should have no record of it.

You sure you have the Windows Defender Firewall SERVICE completely disabled, and after rebooting, checking to make sure?

Your log files aren't throwing any Java errors, and the Windows 10 firewall is the only other thing my install had issue with. And possibly the ceton card being on the network I suppose, never confirmed that.

Next time you take a run at this, please post the OpenDCT and the Sagetv log file from the same run.
So I set out to do just that this morning. Using my laptop that obviously never had the card installed in it I ran through the whole setup. It keeps finding some remnants of the card even though it isn't installed anywhere. I even tried setting up an isolated network with only my laptop and the Quatro on it. Still had entries in the DCT log about ceton.

There's gremlins in there for sure (UPNP maybe?). For now I've set it up to record via plex. Not ideal, but it is a short term solution. I'll give it a try in a day or two.

Wayne
Old 11-04-2018, 09:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo View Post
So I set out to do just that this morning. Using my laptop that obviously never had the card installed in it I ran through the whole setup. It keeps finding some remnants of the card even though it isn't installed anywhere. I even tried setting up an isolated network with only my laptop and the Quatro on it. Still had entries in the DCT log about ceton.

There's gremlins in there for sure (UPNP maybe?). For now I've set it up to record via plex. Not ideal, but it is a short term solution. I'll give it a try in a day or two.

Wayne
Just a stab in the dark but perhaps check any running sage system on the network and see if there are properties entries related to the removed card and delete those lines (after having a backup of course) while sage and opendct are off and then restart sage and opendct.

k
Old 11-04-2018, 09:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I checked and it was set to true. I changed it back to false and it didn't help. The recordings are still very pixelated. Log attached.
Are you sure the setting is sticking. I seem to recall other issues on an unraid setup where opendct settings were not sticking.

k
Old 11-04-2018, 09:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Are you sure the setting is sticking. I seem to recall other issues on an unraid setup where opendct settings were not sticking.

k
Unless you're talking about something else, that's because Fuzzy set up the startup script of the Docker container to override the opendct properties because of a misunderstanding. The override is no longer needed and should be removed from the Docker startup script. I believe it only changes the default consumer to use the SageTV MediaServer remuxer which I really don't recommend since it is not as good as FFmpeg at correcting stream errors.

Based on the fact that I am seeing FFmpeg being used here, I'm not sure that's how this particular problem happened.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 11-05-2018, 05:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Unless you're talking about something else, that's because Fuzzy set up the startup script of the Docker container to override the opendct properties because of a misunderstanding. The override is no longer needed and should be removed from the Docker startup script. I believe it only changes the default consumer to use the SageTV MediaServer remuxer which I really don't recommend since it is not as good as FFmpeg at correcting stream errors.

Based on the fact that I am seeing FFmpeg being used here, I'm not sure that's how this particular problem happened.
Yes, thats the one I was partially recalling... incorrectly it seems
Old 11-05-2018, 05:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

k
I'm not using the docker. It's the latest Ubuntu LTS release.

Networking is not my strong point and I'm not sure where to look next. When I ran ifconf -i I looked at the output and the numbers under TX drops and RX drops were 0.

Pointers welcome. I've not been able to make new recordings for months

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Just a stab in the dark but perhaps check any running sage system on the network and see if there are properties entries related to the removed card and delete those lines (after having a backup of course) while sage and opendct are off and then restart sage and opendct.

k
All other SageTV and OpenDCT services were shut down. Yesterday I even did it on an isolated system and I still saw it.

I've actually deleted all of the tuners, shut down the firewall (public and private), uninstalled OpenDCT and removed the remaining directories, rebooted, and then reinstalled OpenDCT, ran as console, started service, restarted sage and added a tuner back in. And still seeing Ceton in the logs. And it still doesn't work.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (454.6 KB, 134 views)
File Type: txt opendct.log.txt (52.9 KB, 138 views)
Old 11-06-2018, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

It looks to me like all the references to Ceton in that log are normal for OpenDCT searching the network and not finding it, so I think you're okay in that respect.

At this point, I think we'll have to ask ENE if he can determine what it is that's creating that message;

Code:
ERROR HDHRNativeCaptureDevice - The channel '1110' does not have a frequency on the lineup 'qam_hdhomerun_1073439b'.
and how we can resolve it.

Just out of curiosity, every time you post an OpenDCT log, it appears that you attempt to tune channel 2 before anything else. I do not understand that.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It looks to me like all the references to Ceton in that log are normal for OpenDCT searching the network and not finding it, so I think you're okay in that respect.
So it sounds like I don't need to worry about Ceton going forward.

Quote:
At this point, I think we'll have to ask ENE if he can determine what it is that's creating that message;

Code:
ERROR HDHRNativeCaptureDevice - The channel '1110' does not have a frequency on the lineup 'qam_hdhomerun_1073439b'.
and how we can resolve it.

Just out of curiosity, every time you post an OpenDCT log, it appears that you attempt to tune channel 2 before anything else. I do not understand that.
I don't even have anything on channel two, so I'm not sure what that is. I'm not doing anything to try and tune channel 2.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Have you done a channel scan from the HDHR interface, (not in SageTV)? Maybe try that.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
Have you done a channel scan from the HDHR interface, (not in SageTV)? Maybe try that.
I've done that multiple times. the SCN files only contains "# Generated by HDHomeRun Setup". I have two of the older duals that have frq files for OTA with lots of information about the channels. for example, it contains the line
"CH:33 major:3 minor:1 prog:1 phy:35 frq:597250000 #:KCRA-TV"

I would expect something similar for the SCN files. I'd like to see someone else's with a working system. Maybe I could even use theirs.

Wayne