SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Just tried .9 alpha and one thing that happened in .6 was that when I press play the nexus player will start playing Google music if I have anything paused. I also don't know how is how to right click or press ESC.
Does it still do this in Alpha 11?

As for right click and esc, I'm not sure how we'd emulate that using the remote. Did you check out the navigation on the very first post, to see if anything fits into what you are trying to accomplish?
Old 11-17-2015, 05:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
One the phone, I've been playing around with using a slide out drawer, ...
Are you doing this as an STVi? Can you point me to the code? No sense in me re-creating the wheel.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Are you doing this as an STVi? Can you point me to the code? No sense in me re-creating the wheel.
It would be cool to do this in the stvi, but, no, I'm doing this in the Android App. If you are doing a "remote" stvi plugin, I think that would be awesome. I added the pull out the app, because I needed an easy way to test things like pause, play, ff, rew, etc.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

ALPHA-10 accidentally contained a player build with limited codec support. This build restores the codec support.
Yep, now I can see (and hear) the video. Still don't get the UI but can navigate to live TV and change channels.

Oh, and to be clear for anyone reading my posts, this if from using Sean's Android Mini Client as a placeshifter and conneting over the Internet not locally on my LAN. On my LAN the UI does show up and is working quite well for this being an Alpha.

Last edited by dranockcir; 11-17-2015 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Clarifying what the heck I'm talking about. :-)
Old 11-17-2015, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranockcir View Post
Yep, now I can see (and hear) the video. Still don't get the UI but can navigate to live TV and change channels.

Oh, and to be clear for anyone reading my posts, this if from using Sean's Android Mini Client as a placeshifter and conneting over the Internet not locally on my LAN. On my LAN the UI does show up and is working quite well for this being an Alpha.
I've looked into the missing UI... it appears that I'm missing some UI commands that I need to implement. This is going to take a couple weeks, since I'm busy with family stuff for the next 2 weekends.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I've looked into the missing UI... it appears that I'm missing some UI commands that I need to implement. This is going to take a couple weeks, since I'm busy with family stuff for the next 2 weekends.
Awesome! Enjoy the family time! :-)
Old 11-17-2015, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It would be cool to do this in the stvi, but, no, I'm doing this in the Android App. If you are doing a "remote" stvi plugin, I think that would be awesome. I added the pull out the app, because I needed an easy way to test things like pause, play, ff, rew, etc.
I think I prefer the STVi method as well. The user can install the UI Mod plugin on an extender and then the miniclient will pick it up automatically.

The only thing I'll need is a button on the remote mapped to a particular listener.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I think I prefer the STVi method as well. The user can install the UI Mod plugin on an extender and then the miniclient will pick it up automatically.

The only thing I'll need is a button on the remote mapped to a particular listener.
I think maybe we could use a Long Press "UP" or something like that... (we only have so many options )
Old 11-17-2015, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think maybe we could use a Long Press "UP" or something like that... (we only have so many options )
I was hoping the long press up and long press down could be page up and page down . Make it easier to maneuver the guide. I have over 300 channels.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I was hoping the long press up and long press down could be page up and page down . Make it easier to maneuver the guide. I have over 300 channels.
Ok... Long Press Left

Eventually I'll probably just add a screen where people can reconfigure some of the buttons (and long presses) to be whatever they want.... for now, it's whatever I want
Old 11-17-2015, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok... Long Press Left

Eventually I'll probably just add a screen where people can reconfigure some of the buttons (and long presses) to be whatever they want.... for now, it's whatever I want
The trick will be what listener to connect it to. Whichever one is chosen will no longer be available to (almost) any other menu. (Because I think the virtual keyboard should pop up whenever this magic key is pressed.) The other option would be to create a new listener, and that sounds like a lot of work to me.

Edit: I just realized there are "custom 1" - "custom 5" available. I think linking it to one of those would cause the least amount of compatibility issues.

Last edited by tmiranda; 11-17-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Sean,

Can you try loading up the original Phoenix stv. Then go to horizontal style menu. You will see there are some screen draw issues. There's like a big black bar where the highlighted menu should be. Then if I go play a video and then stop the video and return to main menu. I will see the last displayed frame of the video where the black bar was in the main menu. Almost like there are layers to the surface and it's not being cleared out or all the layers being drawn.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Another button I noticed that wasn't working is the actual "stop" button when using my shield tv. This key is not one of the x,y,a,b or trigger controller buttons (I believe you mapped the "Y" button to be stop". Stop is its own dedicated key I believe in android tv.

Now I'm assuming you might have a challenge to figure out how stop key press is being represented to the mini client with your current setup is there someway you can add key press events to log so you can determine it?

Last edited by Gustovier; 11-17-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:51 AM
Sage User

FireTV

I installed on our FTV last night. Works well, with the exception (as already noted) of the stop function. This is great.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
Hey Sean,

Can you try loading up the original Phoenix stv. Then go to horizontal style menu. You will see there are some screen draw issues. There's like a big black bar where the highlighted menu should be. Then if I go play a video and then stop the video and return to main menu. I will see the last displayed frame of the video where the black bar was in the main menu. Almost like there are layers to the surface and it's not being cleared out or all the layers being drawn.
Is it this bug?
https://github.com/OpenSageTV/sagetv...lient/issues/7

Quote:
Another button I noticed that wasn't working is the actual "stop" button when using my shield tv. This key is not one of the x,y,a,b or trigger controller buttons (I believe you mapped the "Y" button to be stop". Stop is its own dedicated key I believe in android tv.

Now I'm assuming you might have a challenge to figure out how stop key press is being represented to the mini client with your current setup is there someway you can add key press events to log so you can determine it?
You should add a bug for that as well, shouldn't be too hard to fix.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Is it this bug?
https://github.com/OpenSageTV/sagetv...lient/issues/7

You should add a bug for that as well, shouldn't be too hard to fix.
Yeah looks like part of the issue with showing last frame is the same bug. But then the actual screen draw issues of the original Phoenix stv is probably another issue. I'll submit these defects.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

FYI. The Nvidia shield is on special right now for $175 on Amazon.

NVIDIA SHIELD - 4K STREAMING. ADVANCED GAMING. ANDROID TV
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U33Q940..._tlFtwb2QZ6BG1
Old 11-19-2015, 11:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Which remote are you using? The Shield remote (from the pictures) doesn't have a "STOP". I do log the Media Key events in the log, but I suspect that MEDIA_STOP is being sent, and I'm not mapping that, yet.

I did my flirc in the mail this week, but I haven't set it up, so when I do, I should be a be able t similuate all the regular media control events using my normal remote.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Indigogo

So, at the request of others, I decided to create an Indiegogo campaign, this way, people can contribute funds if they want.

It's worth noting that a few people have sent me $$ via paypal, and I'm still waiting for the NVidia Shield TV

Just so you know, I love working on Android (even when it frustrates me) and I love working on SageTV... so this project is a basically a marriage of two things that I love to work on... funding, or no funding, I'd still be doing this, but this way, people can contribute funds if they want.

Eventually I think that other people can help out in other ways, such as updating documentation, etc, and many people are already helping by testing things, etc.

Thanks to everyone!!

Sean.

Last edited by stuckless; 11-19-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I donated as well although I would prefer iOS clients - but in the future I could see replacing my stock of HDX00 with Android boxes. Keep up the good work Stuckless!