SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-06-2004, 12:32 AM
Sage User

Open to second display

I have an ATI 9800XT. There's a 19" monitor on the VGA port (primary) and a 21" TV on the Compostie out (yeah, its almost not worth bothering with the TV). This system has SageTV client 2.0.19. SageTV works great on the TV and the PC monitor.

What I can't figure out is how to make SageTV client open directly to the TV in full screen mode. In otherwords, I don't want to have to launch Sage, make it windowed, move it to the TV, and make it full screen...instead I just want it to open to the TV. Can anyone help me make this happen?

BTW - I tried ATI's Hydravision but Sage seemed impervious to it. Hydravision refused to recognize Sage as a window and thus I could not apply any settings.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:43 AM
SageTVaholic

all you should have to do is make it full screen on the TV as long as it is set as a monitor and not a clone
then once you have it full screen on the TV
put it to sleep then reopen it and it should open full screen on the second monitor (your TV)
I do not know about how well it will act if you are trying to play video games at the same time though

even with that video card there could be display issues where the card cannot handle doing both at the same time and DirectX issues

but give it a go
Old 07-06-2004, 04:03 AM
Sage Fanatic

SageTV does seem to be a bit tricky to get it to always start up on the TV output. If I recall correctly I had to go thru a sequence like this...

Drag the SageTV window over to the TV, but do not change it to full screen. The click on the "X" in the top right to close SageTV. When you start SageTV again it should remember to come up as a window on the TV.

If it does, then change it to full screen. Then on the computer monitor right click on the SageTV button on the task bar and select Close from there.

With any luck, from then on it should always start up full screen on the TV. Anyway, that's how I had to do it to get it to stay over there. I might have rebooted in-between just to get some registry setting to stick. Don't remember for sure.

Hope that works for you.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:33 AM
Sage User

Basically, if you close it in full screen on the second display it should remember. That's been my experience anyway.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Sage User

Works!

mls - your instructions did the trick. Before I was using alt-F4 to close Sage. Also, I didn't start in a window, close, reopen and then go full screen. Not sure which change made the difference but thanks!
Old 07-07-2004, 03:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

Glad it worked for you!

Not sure why, but it seems like it has have the actual "Close" command used to get it to remember where it was when you quit.

Alt-F4 or just shutting down Windows seems to just kill the program and then it seems to only remember where it was started from, not what position it was moved to or left at afterward.