SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

True, but doesn't that potentially open a pandora's box? Do we want plugins to start calling things not in the documented "public" api? I guess as long as it's a public method then it shouldn't matter. The only potential issue I see is that if you say plugins can just start calling anything declared public in the Sage.jar then there's no turning back, so to speak, right? Meaning, anything public today can't ever be reduced in visibility because you now might start breaking plugins if you do.

Whereas if you restrict plugins to what's in the "public", documented api then people who change the core code don't have to worry about breaking plugins unless they're modifying the exposed/documented apis.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 11-12-2015, 12:46 PM
Sage

I was actually hoping that the SD EPG Plugin gets integrated into the SageTV core. Then it can use whatever APIs it wants.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:21 PM
SageTVaholic

I believe Andy's working on that.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having trouble all of the sudden with my sage EPG not updating when the XMLTV program is installed. I use XMLTV to add channels for my home surveillance cameras. It works but suddenly my SAGE EPG stopped updating. When I remove XMLTV then sage epg server updates just fine. Have been using this for years.

So my questions are as follows:
Will this plugin work with the XMLTV importer?
With the normal sage epg server you must install all other linups before installing XMLTV because after you install it sage will only give the option for the XMLTV lineup.
Can the channels and guide info (the name of the channel is always the program on each channel) be added with this program and stop using XMLTV all together?
I have read refernces to channel and program generators but don't see any info on how to create one aside from the examples in the wiki.
Thanks,
Brian
Old 12-30-2015, 10:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrent View Post
I'm having trouble all of the sudden with my sage EPG not updating when the XMLTV program is installed. I use XMLTV to add channels for my home surveillance cameras. It works but suddenly my SAGE EPG stopped updating. When I remove XMLTV then sage epg server updates just fine. Have been using this for years.

So my questions are as follows:
Will this plugin work with the XMLTV importer?
Not likely. You can only have one epg plugin registered at a time so it's one or the other, not both.

Quote:
With the normal sage epg server you must install all other linups before installing XMLTV because after you install it sage will only give the option for the XMLTV lineup. Can the channels and guide info (the name of the channel is always the program on each channel) be added with this program and stop using XMLTV all together?
Yes. Through the use of channel, lineup, airing and/or program generators and filters, you can just drop xmltv altogether. I would recommend trying a setup on a test server before committing to the change. Or at the very least talk to Andy about his intended support levels for the advanced features (filter/generators, etc.) of this plugin going forward. I likely won't be doing any further code updates on this plugin so if you're switching because of the advanced features then you'll want to make sure you have the necessary support going forward. I'll still be hanging around and can offer some level of forum support but I don't plan on doing any further code updates at this time.

Quote:
I have read refernces to channel and program generators but don't see any info on how to create one aside from the examples in the wiki.
Thanks,
Brian
I think the wiki is the best source for how to use these things. The other option is to build the javadocs for the sdjson-api package for additional info, but the wiki and the examples therein should be enough. If there's something specific you're needing help with just post here. But, again, I warn you to dive into this with some caution or some additional research. Other than me (who wrote all this stuff), you'd be the only person I know of who actually tries to use the advanced scripting features of this plugin. All the stuff I used it for (mostly outlined in the wiki examples) worked for me, but I certainly didn't use all the features I created in a production environment. A lot of the features simply got a quick test when I wrote them. So if you're going to rely on those features, test it before you do since I probably won't be writing any more code for it. So if you dive in all the way and then hit a bug that requires a code fix, I probably won't be the one to fix it. At least be sure to talk to Andy (he's taking over ownership of the plugin at last check) to see what his support plans are for the advanced features.

With all that said, adding channels to a lineup and filling those channels with data is something I did quite often while using the plugin so if that's all you're wanting to do then I'd feel pretty confident about it. However, I'd still talk to Andy because you'll want bug fixes if they're required since, obviously, the epg is so vital.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks slugger.
I ended up just using a random guide source and adding the channels manually but they all show "no data" which is only an appearance thing anyway. I can tune to the channels using usbuirt and the names of the channels are the camera locations. Not pretty but it works. Thanks for your reply though.
Brian
Old 03-25-2016, 12:01 AM
Sage User

Username and password woes

Hey Slugger,

Great work on everything you do. I have a quick question: when I use the grabber tool or log on to the Schedules Direct site I'm able to login and access everything fine. When I try to do it through the webui I get the following error output in the logs:

Code:
Problem accessing /sage/sdjson/index.gsp. Reason:

Invalid username or token has expired.
Caused by:

org.schedulesdirect.api.exception.InvalidCredentialsException: Invalid username or token has expired.
Any changes made to the plugin config don't take as you can see in the log I've attached. Any idea where I'm going wrong?
Attached Files
File Type: txt sdepg.txt (96.3 KB, 179 views)
Old 03-27-2016, 06:29 PM
Sage Icon

Under Schedules Direct Plugin - Configure Plugin there's a setting for Capture sdjson Data.

There are four choices: OFF, JSON, HTTP and ALL.

I've read through the docs and can't find a description for what each setting means/does.

Anyone got a clue?? Default was set to OFF I believe.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 03-27-2016, 10:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisongde View Post
Hey Slugger,

Great work on everything you do. I have a quick question: when I use the grabber tool or log on to the Schedules Direct site I'm able to login and access everything fine. When I try to do it through the webui I get the following error output in the logs:

Code:

Invalid username or token has expired.
Caused by:

org.schedulesdirect.api.exception.InvalidCredentialsException: Invalid username or token has expired.
SD isn't accepting your credentials for some unknown reason. The request is being sent to SD and they're responding with an error. You will need to open a ticket at SD to find out why they're rejecting your login attempts. Turning on the debug logs mentioned below would probably give you the details you'd need (but read my warnings carefully about enabling those logs).

Quote:
Any changes made to the plugin config don't take as you can see in the log I've attached. Any idea where I'm going wrong?
I assume you're referring to the various warnings in that log about config change events not being handled? Those can be ignored. I don't handle those events using the expected sagex event handlers and so sagex is throwing those warnings. They can be ignored, I handle the events myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
Under Schedules Direct Plugin - Configure Plugin there's a setting for Capture sdjson Data.

There are four choices: OFF, JSON, HTTP and ALL.

I've read through the docs and can't find a description for what each setting means/does.

Anyone got a clue?? Default was set to OFF I believe.
If memory serves:

OFF: No debug logs
JSON: Capture all json responses received from SD service
HTTP: Capture the complete HTTP conversations between plugin and SD service
ALL: Capture JSON and HTTP data

Anything other than OFF will produce tonnes (and I mean tonnes) of debug logging data on your drive where SageTV resides. These logs do not roll and will fill a hard drive rather quickly. Especially if HTTP or ALL is selected. This setting should always be OFF unless you are developing/testing the plugin or you're seeking support and someone's told you to turn it on to capture logs.

If/when you turn on these logs, do NOT forget to turn them off. If you do forget, you'll be sorry as your hard drive will fill with log data rather quickly.

Side note: I'm no longer using this plugin (nor Sage). I still drop by every once in awhile and will respond to things if I see them. Someone needs to take ownership of this plugin (not just the code, but also support -- which will help someone pick up/understand the code base). I know Andy was going to do it, but not sure if that's still his plan? Either way, someone needs to take this over. I'll answer questions when I stop by, but I have no env to work on this code anymore and won't ever do another release (unless I redeploy Sage myself someday). Thing is, if SD ever does another api release on their end and deprecates the current release (which they tend to do a few months after a new api) then someone will need to step up and update this plugin otherwise it will just cease to work because when SD deprecates an api version on their end, that means they shut it off and force you to move to the latest api.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:26 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks, Slugger. (For the answer to my question and for EVERYTHING you've given to the community.)

I hope someone picks up maintenance of this plugin. It works really well.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 06-16-2016, 08:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

HTTP Error 500

oops - I had this in the wrong thread so am moving it here in hopes of getting some help.

Can anyone suggest where I can start troubleshooting these two messages when I click on Schedules Direct in the WebUI during setup.
This is on Sagetv v9.0.4.224 (updated from v7), java 7u80.

I followed all the SD plugin installation instructions and have spent days trying to figure it out but I'm so out of my depth. I did try a fresh install of the v9 exe and it worked there but I have terrible java out of memory problems on the HD300 with that installation so have reverted to my v9 updated from v7.

I'm attaching both complete error messages but this is the first part of each -
1. when in WebUI I click on Status/Messages:

HTTP ERROR 500
org.apache.http.conn.scheme.Scheme.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;ILorg/apache/http/conn/scheme/SchemeSocketFactoryV

2. When I click on Configure Lineups
Could not initialize class org.apache.http.client.fluent.Executor

thanks!!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageTV SD EPG plugin errors.txt (6.4 KB, 230 views)
Old 06-16-2016, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

The error looks like you're missing the Apache HttpClient jar or you have the wrong version of that jar. Considering you're on a v7 > v9 upgraded system, I'm guessing you've hit the second bullet talked about here:

https://github.com/Slugger/sdepg/wik...e-installation

The link to the directions is dead, but basically what it's going to tell you is that if you have plugins that depend on HttpClient then you're going to have to remove them before you can remove and upgrade HttpClient. Keep a list of what you have to uninstall then reinstall them after getting HttpClient upgraded.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you! thank you - I will try it right away
Old 06-16-2016, 01:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

No luck. Originally I had not had either the HttpClient or the HttpCore in my plugins so I had added the new ones.

I just tried again - removed ALL my plugins and only installed SD epg and webui - same messages which I've attached along with 2 logs.

I had been using LM Gestion SageTV xmltv importer which I uninstalled and thought I had removed all traces of - is it possible that there might be something hidden blocking the new epg (when I had installed fresh from the v9 exe, I did not install the SageTV xmltv importer). I'd keep that installation except that it eats Java on my extender and I've been unable to figure out why.

(in the upload i had to rename the log file (added .txt) as the upload wouldn't accept it)
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageTV SD EPG plugin errors2.txt (6.4 KB, 171 views)
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (226.8 KB, 174 views)
File Type: txt sdepg.log.txt (1.3 KB, 155 views)
Old 06-16-2016, 02:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

I decided to reinstall v7 and then update to 9 as before. Installed SD epg plugin and all is well so I will go on with this and get all my other tweaks done. I just wish I knew what was lurking that prevented me installing the plugin originally.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by jt4242; 06-17-2016 at 01:51 AM.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

So another (non-Sage) user of my SD JSON client brought to my attention a rather serious bug, which I fixed last night and the fix was confirmed earlier today. I haven't released an update of the grabber yet, but I will by the end of the weekend.

The bug described isn't as serious for SageTV users, but it's still a significant bug. Sage users aren't as affected because the data that is lost in the cache is loaded into wiz.bin before it is lost so you always end up getting data for every day into Sage and is why I've never noticed this bug before. Where this bug will affect Sage users is that once a day is lost in the cache, that day is never ever looked at again by the client unless the cache file is deleted. The typical symptom of this bug is stale data for days with last minute changes to their schedule (i.e. the last minute schedule changes won't ever be discovered and loaded into wiz.bin). If anyone needs the details of what this means let me know and I'll explain it further, but the more pressing issue is will someone be patching the grabber in the sdepg plugin and releasing an update of this plugin? If someone has taken ownership then PM me and we can get into exactly what you need to do to patch this bug (after I package up a new grabber).
Old 06-27-2016, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Has this been fixed and released?
Old 06-27-2016, 09:31 AM
Sage Expert

As I understand it no one currently owns or maintains this plugin so I would guess it has not been fixed.

edit: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63214

Last edited by starfire; 06-27-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

fwiw, the new grabber with the above mentioned bug fixed is now available.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
fwiw, the new grabber with the above mentioned bug fixed is now available.
Thanks I guess the plugin will soon be updated? I just replaced the files.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-27-2016 at 10:13 AM.
Closed Thread