SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-16-2014, 09:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Upgraded to SSD and lost all the licenses

So, I updated my C drive to be an SSD drive and because my current drive had more data on it than my current SSD, I had to reinstall everything. I copied my old Sage directory over a fresh SageTV installation, but now it tells me I don't have a license and it says I have don't have any Placeshifters ( I even tried to reinstall an old key that I had installed and it said it was invalid). I've tried to go back to my old setting with my old drive, but somehow, windows recognized two versions of Windows 7 with the same license and now I get a blue screen anytime I try to boot from the old C drive.

Any suggestions? So far I'm out 1 V6 and v7 upgrade license for SageTV and 2 Placeshifter license. The second license I don't even know the key.

Am I screwed?

Thanks!

Joe
Old 11-16-2014, 11:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Joe, you can request all the keys that you purchased through a support option that does still exist.

http://www.sagetv.com/request.html

This is legacy support, so be advised, it can take a week or two for a response.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

On a sidenote, in your scenario, the bluescreen on startup is indicative of a BIOS setting that doesn't agree with the OS on the boot drive - usually the hard drive SATA setting (perhaps you changed that when you installed the new SSD). The options are usually:

- IDE Mode (or possibly called legacy)
- AHCI
- RAID

When attempting to boot from your old hard drive, you may need to try the various options under this BIOS setting to see if the old OS will boot.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Krypto Nyte! I will send a request via that screen function. I've sent a request via an email to support@sagetv.com on Saturday, but I will also fill out the request screen.

On the other note on the Bios settings. I don't think that is my problem. The system goes through the initial windows 7 intro loop then it gives me a screen that says "Building Desktop". The first few times it gave me my desktop. The third time, there was a message on the lower right side of the screen stating something to the affect of "this is not a genuine windows application", then the blue screen would appear. The Bios setting would kill the progression right at the intro loop. --But thanks for the suggestion!

Joe.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Joe, you can request all the keys that you purchased through a support option that does still exist.

http://www.sagetv.com/request.html

This is legacy support, so be advised, it can take a week or two for a response.
So far no response. Maybe SageTV support is going away. They should turn this into an open source project.