SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-27-2014, 09:48 PM
Sage User

FIXED - Recorded Shows Listed But Nothing Happens When I Try to Play

I somehow broke the link between my recorded shows and the index that finds them when I hit Play.

This is on my HTPC where I run sagetv as a service, and watch recordings as a PC Client.

New shows are recording as I speak, but if I hit play I get message "Tuning Into <show name>", and nothing happens.

Live TV works normally.

If I go to a recorded show, say Elementary, I can get to the screen that says:
"Options for 20 recordings of Elementary:
Play 0 Recordings Now"

My extenders and Placeshifter work normally, and I can play my recorded shows just fine. From my Placeshifter client (on my LAN) the message I see is:
"Options for 20 recordings of Elementary:
Play 20 Recordings Now"

If I browse my recordings of Elementary on my HTPC client, I see all 20 listed, including the one currently recording. When I select a previously recorded show, absolutely nothing happens - no message, no action of any kind.

What do I need to rebuild, re-scan, or refresh to "see" my recorded shows on my server/client machine?

Thank you for any help you can offer!!

FIXED:
What precipitated the problem was my attempt at maintenance and updating Plugins. The Playon plugin was the source of the problem. I deleted it and two plugins that were dependencies (which showed "Failed" after updating), and everything is working normally again. I don't use Playon from SageTV anymore, so nothing lost!

Last edited by ChrisFix; 02-27-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFix View Post
FIXED:
What precipitated the problem was my attempt at maintenance and updating Plugins. The Playon plugin was the source of the problem. I deleted it and two plugins that were dependencies (which showed "Failed" after updating), and everything is working normally again. I don't use Playon from SageTV anymore, so nothing lost!
I don't know if you knew this, but some add-on/dependency updates will show as "failed" until you restart SageTV. Usually it will notify you of this and ask you to restart SageTV when you install the update.
Really weird things can happen, like what you saw for example, until you reboot SageTV.

I'm not saying this is what happened to you, just an FYI in case you didn't already know.