SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question Playing movies from network DVD or Blu-ray drive

I know this has been covered by many other threads in the past, but instead of resurrecting one of the old threads I thought I'd start a new one... I've tried this several times in the past but never successfully.

Here is what I am trying to do:

Play a DVD or Blu-ray disc on my SageTV server (WHS v1 w/ AnyDVD HD) and view it on my HD300 in extender mode with the Gemstone UI.

I've tried sharing the drive on the network and can successfully access it from another computer on the network (not w/ SageTV Client).

I believe the problem comes when I try to add the import directory. I can navigate to the shared drive (either as the drive letter E: or using the server share address) but I can't see the TS_VIDEO folder beneath. I get a "Invalid Directory" error message.

First, is that the folder (TS_VIDEO) I should be adding to the import? And second, could this be a WHS v1 issue? I'm pretty sure I've got the sharing and security settings as open as possible...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
uberpixel
Old 01-04-2014, 03:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberpixel View Post
I know this has been covered by many other threads in the past, but instead of resurrecting one of the old threads I thought I'd start a new one... I've tried this several times in the past but never successfully.

Here is what I am trying to do:

Play a DVD or Blu-ray disc on my SageTV server (WHS v1 w/ AnyDVD HD) and view it on my HD300 in extender mode with the Gemstone UI.

I've tried sharing the drive on the network and can successfully access it from another computer on the network (not w/ SageTV Client).

I believe the problem comes when I try to add the import directory. I can navigate to the shared drive (either as the drive letter E: or using the server share address) but I can't see the TS_VIDEO folder beneath. I get a "Invalid Directory" error message.

First, is that the folder (TS_VIDEO) I should be adding to the import? And second, could this be a WHS v1 issue? I'm pretty sure I've got the sharing and security settings as open as possible...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
uberpixel
You might want to have a look HERE for some help.

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 01-04-2014 at 03:34 PM.