SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Recordings disapppearing

I had a perfectly stable system that was working well - had been for years.

Suddenly I get an odd behaviour with some recordings. SageTV will record as per favourite rules. If you happen to look at the Current Recordings when it is recording the show it is there. Then the recording ends and the show disappears from the current recordings list - though it is still on disk. SageTV will then re-record the same show at the next opportunity - sometimes three times. All will be perfectly OK on disk but invisible to the Sage Current Recordings.

This might be specific to recordings made by the HD PVR - or that may be a red herring. However some recordings are added OK. Sometimes I get a recording showing up as a singke entry but there are three recording files on the drive.

I think the issue might be that the drive holding the Wiz.bin file (which is 16.6M in size) got filled recently by a temp file that got larger then it should have done (nothing to do with Sage but both directories share the C: drive). Possibly that might have prevented Sage from resaving the file and could have led to data loss - but I thought I had fixed the space problem yet data is still "leaking".

My question is - is there a utility, or a procedure, that will scan and fix a corrupted Wiz.bin file if that is what I have? Or indeed - how do I find out?

I know I can delete it and let Sage create a new one but then I loose all the data. I could go back to an earlier copy if I had to - but I would rather fix the one I am using if I could. Do any of the plugins give the ability to export and re-import the contents?

----

[update]

I tidied up the C: drive and now have 60G of space - yet the problem has not gone away. After the disk cleanup I stopped and restarted the SageTV server, completely rebooting the PC. I would have thought that SageTV would have fixed any problems when it reopened the database - but the evening's recordings are still exhibiting the same problem. A sequence of River Monster programs was recorded - the files are all on disk but only one shows up in the Current Recordings list. If nobody has any better suggestions then I guess I will roll back to a Wiz.bin from a couple of weeks back and simply play the newer recordings from disk directly.

Last edited by gandalf; 12-23-2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: update
Old 01-04-2014, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

How many tuners do you have? This just started happening on my system, but ONLY recordings from ONE tuner aren't showing up in the list (although they show up using "search").
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson